Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeratanis
Jun 16, 2009

That's kind of a weird thought isn't it?
It's good poo poo yo. Very funny. Definite primo 2nd monitor material if you got one and are spooked by the long runtimes of each episode. Campaign 2 is drat good so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeratanis
Jun 16, 2009

Honestly Orion was fine to start, and even had a few legit good moments. It's when it approaches the Big Bad of the first arc(episode 11) and then beyond is when he starts his rapid descent into That Guy at the table. I wouldn't really suggest starting at 28(first episode he's not there), since there's still so much good stuff leading up to it, good humor and story drama...just during combats you can stop paying attention or skip forward a notch whenever it's Orion's turn. Oh, and 27(last episode he's in) as a whole anything involving him can safely be ignored cause that was just...ick, unless you got a high tolerance for watching someone noticeably piss off another player.

On the topic of Campaign 2, episode 8 is probably one of the most funniest 3-4 hours of DnD I've ever seen. So many good moments from start to finish, and Pumat Sol is the greatest NPC Matt Mercer has ever made.

Zeratanis
Jun 16, 2009

https://www.twitch.tv/geekandsundry

New episode starting now.

Zeratanis
Jun 16, 2009

The first half of this episode: DnD in its purist form.

Second half of this episode: :stare: :aaaaa:

Zeratanis
Jun 16, 2009

CuwiKhons posted:

ANYWAY - everyone has different opinions on different characters and I hope this thread is a place where we can discuss those without it devolving into character/actor bashing but everyone's doing really well so far so this is just me hoping this thread doesn't turn into the loving CR subreddit, which is a trash pit.

Except Orion, gently caress Orion. Especially with the recent crap involved with him. :v:

Zeratanis
Jun 16, 2009

CuwiKhons posted:

I like Molly as a character but he's mechanically so weak that I almost hope he dies just so Taliesin can reroll as a better class.

Do not criticize new characters until they have time to take full effect!

:v:

Honestly though, he is pretty drat weak and it's unfortunate but I also blame the fact that he was playing a ranged character for almost 5 years and hasn't really had much opportunity to actually get into the thick of it. Of course I also say this not knowing at all how Blood Hunters are at higher levels compared to other martial classes.

Zeratanis
Jun 16, 2009

I love Jester. :3: The accent is much better when she doesn't have the Dexter-like inflection

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeratanis
Jun 16, 2009

squidtarts posted:

I’m watching my way through campaign 1 now and maybe it’s because I already knew about the Orion stuff, but things get a little tense with him way before he ended up leaving. Laura in particular had a few bad moments with him so I’m not surprised that one was a final straw.

Yeah, Laura got real loving mad at him at a skill check involving her shooting something, to keep vague in case you haven't seen it.

Ojjeorago posted:

And that was after the drunk Tiberius flirting with and touching Keyleth thing that also went too far.

Been a long time since I've seen that particular scene, and not to defend Orion specifically cause gently caress him, but I think Marisha was just RPing being uncomfortable there? I only say this since I'm at episode 24 atm on a rewatch (I never actually seen past episode 50 of the first campaign so I'm fixing that slowly) and usually the bottom half of the screen is usually always grabbing and touching each other and being completely fine with it. Though again, been a long time and maybe she was a bit upset at that moment? :v:

CuwiKhons posted:

I don't know if he thought it was fine because Scanlan made dick jokes all the time or what, but there was a world of difference between the kind of jokes Scanlan made and the fact that Orion just out of the blue said "Man, my character is hard right now because your character is sexy to him."

This whole thing though, god drat. To me it just seems like Orion sees the others getting attention for specific details of their characters and just goes "hey me too!" Grog is the one who holds the bag of holding, oh, I'll get one myself! Everybody loves Trinket, oh, I'll get my own pet! Vax is dagger dagger dagger, time to use daggers with telekinesis(his obsession with that loving spell is another :can: on its own)! Scanlan is a goofy rear end pervert and people love it, time to make my own comment! Oops shame you aren't a charming person whose been doing it for years at that point and knows the line and when not to cross it, idiot. Maybe I'm looking way too into it? :shobon: The point is he's such a sour point on an otherwise great thing.