Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

dazoner posted:

Thanks!

Dammit, unsatisfying end to that battle 😩

Hey, at least he didn't use the mage to do literally any AOE and kill off Jester. I don't think they could even revivify her yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
What the gently caress is this lmao

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

RC Cola posted:

Wait there is a new critical role on Friday?

It's the Grog one shot live show

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
They don't need the fork to Plane Shift. Scanlan can cast Wish, which has no components and explicitly says copied spells don't need them.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
This guy seems much harder than even Vecna

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
Nevermind, ripped apart by the big crits. Guess the guest characters were too squishy :)

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
Yeah, the martial classes really were the ones shining. I at first thought the boss was probably a bit too strong, but it was really just the way those three grouped up and that fact Pike never healed anyone that caused the guest characters (who were much weaker) to go down. Grog + Percy + Vex absolutely melted. Even Keyleth was a bit weak but only because she turned into a Goristro instead of something like a Pit Fiend.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

Keru posted:

So, we all agree that the headcanon is that Bertrand is the Lord of the Crossroads, right?

Oh man, that'd be beyond perfect

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
If they can, I'd love to see the miniseries get a score by Justin Bell (the guy who did the Pillars of Eternity soundtrack), his song "Twin Elms" is one of the most iconic things of the show.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

Jetrauben posted:

Do we even know if Xhorhas actually practices slavery?

So far they seem way more chill than stereotypical Drow, so I wouldn't be surprised. They mad a male Drow in a position of power just now for example.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
I love that they still let Sam be the party face even though he's got a -3 CHA mod lmao.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
I think episode 27 was just the point where it all boiled over. Honestly he wasn't bad for the first 5 or 6 episodes, in fact he was kind of my favorite right off the bat. He did start to get pretty lovely after that though. I recall many times in the underdark ark where was wanted to use telekinesis for the craziest poo poo.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
Poor Ashley, took a really weak feat at 8 and a redundant feat at 4. She's got such weak stats that mean those ASIs were really important to her. If she took +3 STR and +1 DEX she'd have a slightly better AC and would be hitting much more often.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
Critical Role is the only show where you go through super emotional sad cry arcs and also enjoy something so infantile as a dramatic diarrhea improv.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

Patrovsky posted:

Deep Speech is a really weird language for Beau to know. I'm curious if there's a backstory reason beyond the standard Cobalt Soul stuff.

She is secretly Clarota's daughter.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

I'm not sure what it's supposed to be, but they kept calling it a devil toad so it's probably unrelated.

Incidentally, I've located the possession demon. It's called a dybbuk, and it turns out Mercer was cheating a bit since they can only possess Large or smaller creatures (stone giants are Huge) and the turning should have worked since their type becomes Undead during the possession.

It seemed to me like he justified the dybukk not being affected because it was immune to fear effects.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

Silynt posted:

I’m watching the end of the original Avengers right now, and I had totally forgotten that Ashley has a bit part (although as a Critter I choose to view it as a cameo). Obviously she only has like 2 lines, but that’s still awesome; Marvel is about as high profile as you can get.

She had some scenes cut, and had a slightly bigger role. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhV6QZfbcs0

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
Maybe he's going to worship the Luxon, and become a Celestial Warlock

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

Nemo2342 posted:

How can you hate a man who just used a 9th level spell to create the world's gaudiest spell component?

The best part is Wish can just cast heroes' feat by itself, without the side effects.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
Wow, I would've expected the thing to make Critical Role would've been something like the cast's schedules making the show unfeasible to film. Never expected a Wendy's one shot would cause this much drama.

This seems like more drama than when Orion left the show.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
Sounds like Halas may have been experimenting to make himself immortal and unkillable like the Laughing Hand?

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
If Matt truly doesn't throw the party a way out easily, they actually can get out of this if Matt does level the party up a bend the rules just a little bit. https://www.dndbeyond.com/spells/word-of-recall could get them out, if Matt rules that Cad has his "sanctuary" set as his home cemetery by default.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
Buddy is basically barely sentient, almost twice as high Int as Grog.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

eke out posted:

credit to the party for at no point fireballing anyone during diplomacy, they've come a long ways

my new take is that trent is a garden-variety evil scientist-archmage but da'leth is the more dangerous one

Yeah, I have no idea what is angle is. I first figured he actually wasn't all that bad and Trent was planning a coup or something within the Assembly. My current theory maybe Da'leth is actually planning a coup within the empire and using the war/cult as a distraction. Everything just seems too convenient for him.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

TotalHell posted:

Talks confirmed that he was ready to potentially offer never going home again as his sacrifice.

Oh man, that is such a Cadeuces thing to do :(

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
There were people in the Twitch chat that were extremely salty Matt didn't charge her literally 10,000gp+ for that.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
Only disappointment was when creeper asked Yasha's name she didn't respond with "Orphanmaker"

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
The only part that felt a little adversarial to me was Matt ruling Cad got grappled back behind Yasha instead of popping out past the creature and then getting stopped, but it didn't matter anyway.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

PetraCore posted:

I went with celestial pact of the blade warlock, having a lot of fun with it. The tricky part of Celestial is I think not making the patron completely boring, since they're going to be Objectively Good unless you're getting some real leeway. Seems fun to give a non-good character, though, or just have a real clash of personalities. My character's patron is an extremely judgmental unicorn.

The big problem I have with Celestial Warlocks is that they don't get an expanded of different spell list outside the small selection from the pact. So you have a goody two shoes patron teaching you wild poo poo like Crown of Madness or Bestow Curse.

Of course, if you did something like Divine Soul Sorcerer where you gave them the Cleric spell list, they'd be super busted because the selection is so huge.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
This dude is one of the insane shitstirrers that always leak out of the woodwork on Twitter. Insane people who want to redirect legitimate conversations about these kind of topics onto themselves. They're not too unlike the insane Trumpers who like to invent victim complexes to "prove" Hillary ran a pedo ring out of a pizza shop. Usually they are noticeable when they focus entirely on themselves in the narrative - rather than facts, examples, or what actually happened. Not a surprise he really could only grasp at straws for all his examples. It's a shame, because if/when (not even necessarily at CR) real issues crop up, these assholes will be in the back of people's minds creating doubt.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
This has to be an excuse to do the crossover they (promised?) to do. If they do it, I'd love to see fully powered VM squash Vokodo. There's no way they set up the Keyleth hook and don't have at least her show up.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
Those series of plays were super deranged by Fjord to be fair. He could've just swam up once get got to Caduceus the first time couldn't he?

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
People were losing their minds that they weren't marking off the 100gp of diamond dust on each resurrection.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
At least if this is a potential TPK, they have a deus ex machina right there waiting for them (in the form of the Traveler who just made a promise) that doesn't feel too forced.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
That's kind of BS because they did try and talk, but once you roll initiative that kind of signals it's fight time.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
It was pretty lame there was absolutely nothing at the ruins besides the opportunity for "allies". Not even a consolation prize magic item in those caskets.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

eke out posted:

- forgetfulness magic means your clerics need to basically use all their 5th level spells each day

It's actually worse if they played by the book. Greater Restoration costs a diamond each time its cast, although even back in campaign 1 Matt hasn't really held to this strictly.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
Even with those allies and the backdoor they found, they presumably don't have anything to deal with what I assume is scaring them - the boiling water Vokodo can cause.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
If this was a home game this would be about the point I would just have Vokodo waltz out and start fighting them lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
It didn't spell reflect the Call Lightning, maybe it doesn't have it?