Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
After 6 months of listening to CR at work I have finally caught up and can begin my descent into this fandom.

C2's cast is way better on average and way more interesting but they're a lot more serious than C1's cast. It's like you inverted the amount of Grog and Vax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

That's all true.

Also all the fan art has turned me into the monster I was growing up. This is Jestegard house. Fjordsters leave.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

hollylolly posted:

Did you see the long look Caleb gave Jester last episode? I think he’s falling for her, too.

I could have misread it but Liam is like the master of RPing while everyone else is jabbering, and it was definitely a Look of import. What it ultimately means, who knows.

The whole top table is in love with Jester

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

tsob posted:

Beau told her last episode that everyone was in love with her as a way to get around saying "I love you" (or at least, am attracted to you) but she was still inside the zone of truth, so as far as she is concerned everyone has a bit of a thing for Jester.

Have none of them ever heard of Google? "I don't know what this thing is" really shouldn't be any kind of impediment to finding out nowadays.

She was the one not affected by it. Caleb and fjord were and they started to squirm until Beau saved the day.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Hey it's the first time I'll get to see a show live.

Too bad I'm US central so they start at like 9 PM

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Josef bugman posted:

I hope that the Crit Role crew decide to play Lancer at some point. I would love to see that campaign.

For some reason I can't picture Laura Bailey's mecha without it just being giant metal Kaine.

It'd be really fun to see Sam try and make a mecha that is also tiny.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Keru posted:

Oh no.

Beau No.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

eke out posted:

Matt is insanely salty considering this mob has over 500 hp and a tarrasque has 670

Yeah a player is petrified and some of the victims are broken I dunno what hes so salty about

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

This was incredibly stressful for something he's acting like was no challenge

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Jester is the best character

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Half the cr twitch chat are tumblr fanartists and shippers (Good fans) and the other half are table top grognards (shameful)

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

It's fine it's fine he's just in over his head....

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Keru posted:

I love how they immediately go weird the moment they step onto a ship.

Ocean madness

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Caduses that looks like avantika. Fjords dream

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

All I see is widojest

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Hulk Smash! posted:

Seems nuts that next week is Ep. 100 of C2 already.

Also, Uk'otoa Uk'otoa Uk'otoa is the end game boss, right?

Him and the other two bound demi gods probably.

Been a lot about sealed divine poo poo in this campaign. I'm guessing the beacons being bits of some god before all will probably end up being part of it.

The real question is if the Cerberus Assemblys going to be taken care before that goes down or if they'll be behind it some how

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Meatbag Esq. posted:

If you ever wondered what it would be like if Nott, beau, jester, and yasha formed a vampire conclave you should watch through the 3rd season of castlevania on netflix.

Which one is....

Is Nott Carmilla?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Meatbag Esq. posted:

That's how I was mapping it.

The more I think about it the more it fits. The details are off but the energy is so on point. Painting the light as it were.

"We ate the loving horses!" Is a real Nott line

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I've had Critical Role, Campaign 1, Episode 1 on my "Watch Later" playlist for probably at least two years. I finally started watching it in late January, and I just finally caught up a couple days ago. All the episodes. (Not all of the one-shots, and some of those I've watched are hit-or-miss.)

Welcome to the fold sister....

This is a widojest house.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Malpais Legate posted:

You'll keep your heresy away from the children if you know what's good for you!!

This is the path of light, friend.

It's Widojest, The Wild Mother's Favorite Sons, and Beau x Her Crippling Intimacy Issues.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

PetraCore posted:

Excuse you I only ship Shadowgast.

Finally caught up with M9, on Umbrasyl in VM.

Why can't he love them both?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

tsob posted:

I think you're forgetting the only ship that matters with Beau; her friendship with Caleb. Since it's improving both of them, and they're each inspiring the other to not only improve themselves, but improve the world by stopping a huge war.

That, or Beau x the Balleater. Which she seems to take a weird amount of pride in being the first mate of.

Beau's Friendship with Fjord is way more important. She finally got family that respects her and wants to help her improve thru big brother Fjord.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Yasha is always being mind controled and Laura's cum hunting, just CR poo poo

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Wyld Karde posted:

A redditor had an interesting observation;

Also, that druid (Veridian?) is totally Keyleth's missing mom from campaign 1. She's missing a leg (which is all the Ashari found of her mom), is a half-elf (which Marisha confirmed Keyleth's mother was), a druid, and is appearing on an island that seems to mess with memories.

Big if true, if a slight stretch.

Pocky In My Pocket posted:

If true that surely is gonna be a feed in to the crossover

Yeah that's the only reason I'm giving this theory more than a glance.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

PF2E is probably even easier cause it manages to codify poo poo in ways that make sense.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Skill checks, expertise, spells like Mending and Message, the special benefit you get from your background, language options, trap design, magic items like the folding boat and the immovable rod, and both rules and complications related to downtime activities.

4E literally has all of those lol.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Nuggan posted:

"Bloodied" still exists as a description of a monster at 1/2 HP in the 5e DMG. It just doesn't change abilities in this one.

Thus they probably meant Bloodied as a something that actively changed abilities.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Nuggan posted:

Nothing stopping anyone from making monsters that do this in 5E anyway, but yes there are few that do. Some spells and abilities require the target to be under a certain HP threshold, but thats about the limit of it.

Nothings stopping me from removing half the rules and replace it with VtM mechanics either. House ruling isnt the only solution the game itself could include thing in designs.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Abisteen posted:

Lol the Grog and Percy ones are already sold out.

I got in under the wire on percy. Grog sold out in like an hour.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Frumpkin.....poor baby...

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Ultimate Mango posted:

Cad gave the McGuffin to his sister to save the Savalirwood offscreen.

And as we all know, things always go 100% according to plan for the Mighty Nein.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

The very obvious character arc was Molly runinng from his psat as it becomes too large to be ignored and watching him struggle with meshing a stranger's past with his own wishes.

He just died before literally any of his stuff actually started.

Like a lot of the complaints ITT about "OH he was boring cause he just didn't engage with his character plot" are weird cause the whole of his backstory we got before he died was "Met 1 old friend who also had literally no idea what happened."

Given their report it would have been fun to watch Caleb and Molly swap "Encouraging the other to reconcile with the past as they work to be a new better person" back forth.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

I feel like we're gonna get some downtime after this, maybe a short time skip but probably just a session and a half of loving around at the Xhorhouse or The Chateau now that they've officially helped end the war and traveler con is over.

After that who knows, Helping out those wizards with Northland poo poo, trying to kill those wizards for Beacon poo poo. Iunno. Maybe helping Viridian get home.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Pussy Quipped posted:

I hope they end up doing the M9 x VM crossover soon if only for all of Vox to realize the consequences of their actions with Artagan.

I still wonder how they're going to handle this. Are we going to get everyone playing 2 characters at the same time? Will it be two mixed up parties separated? Or will it just be a select few of each?

All I really want tbh is the Nein dealing with Grog because they seem like bad influences and the Dramatic Dark Backstory boys Caleb and Percy to bump heads.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Paracaidas posted:

The Jester, Pike, and Grog interactions are what I'm really looking forward to. I imagine Fjord, Tarry, Yasha, and Beau will be a bit like their relationships with Marius?

Nott is going to finally fulfill scanlan's wishes and steal Bad News from Percy.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

TotalHell posted:

I imagine the M9xVM cross-over will be out of canon, right? Like the battle royale one-shots or something.

I mean 4 weeks ago I'd have said "Oh for sure definitely," but now the Nein have saved Kiki's mom so....I kinda feel like part of the meeting has to be in canon at this point, even if the full adventure isn't.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

DeathSandwich posted:

If I had to guess, the next two or three weeks is going to be the Clusterfuck of Travellercon. If they wanted to spice it up, maybe have the Ukatoa fish people show up and start loving with people again?

I feel like we're hitting that point in the story where the gang needs their "Chroma Conclave attack" moment to spurn them into the higher concept meta-plot of the mid to endgame of this campaign. What form that takes I don't know, I don't feel like any of the individual plot threads constitute that same sort of crisis point that the CC had for Campaign 1. Like, my initial thought is that Essek gets outed as a traitor to the Krynn empire and executed, and the rogue Daemonologists use the chaos to start summoning some truly gnarly poo poo.

I mean the evil power hungry wizard with near limitless influence on the empire, an army of black ops magic lords and no real morals is kind of a big threat that could blow up

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Narsham posted:

The Assembly is almost certainly an active threat. Without knowing the truth behind the Beacons and what their researchers are up to, it’s impossible to tell how active. But the peace is going to accelerate the research program, and having the Nein around poking around even moreso.

Yeah leaving the rosetta stone to the magical control of Time/Space in the hands of the Assembly, Trent Itchython Esp., seems like it could only end up poorly for everyone that isn't in The Assembly's inner circle. It's probably gonna pop off way faster than people expec in universe.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

I gotta say re-listening to some old eps and I miss the original C2 OP music. The jazzy remix of the original theme really fit the party and help immediately set their style apart from the C1 Cast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Crazy Ted posted:

A certain segment of Critical Role viewers has been making GBS threads all over Marisha Ray since the beginning stages of Campaign One.

TBF, I love Marisha and Beau but Keyleth was...A one note joke even for a C1 cast member. "OH young sheltered prodigy meets the harsh real world." was fun for a bit but she's most just kind of their.