Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veks
May 12, 2012

OOOOOOH MYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOD
The group dynamic gets SO much better after he leaves, its amazing.

Firstborn posted:

I think I like the characters in S2 better, but I imagine that's probably blasphemy considering how i've read some people cried while watching and stuff. I'm looking forward to watching a billion hours of this now.

The roleplaying gets good and they just punch you in the gut sometimes. Matt being really good at weaving a story also helps a lot. S2 already has had a couple of very good emotional moments though, i.e. (spoilers just in case) every one of Nott's character scenes.

Veks fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Apr 11, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veks
May 12, 2012

Having seen the episode, I can’t believe people reacted so strongly to Ashly’s rping. It really wouldn’t have changed much had she played normally, I think. Also I’m sad Molly is gone bc he was the gayest character in the party, but accusing the cast of homophobia bc he died is like the furthest reach I’ve seen in a while.

Veks
May 12, 2012

Servetus posted:

At some point they are going to have to leave the water.

That's when they upgrade the Mist to an airship, rpg style :v:

Veks
May 12, 2012

Avantica is on the fast track to become this campaign's Ripley now, eh? What a cliffhanger, I can't believe we have to wait two weeks aaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!

Veks
May 12, 2012

dazoner posted:

Relics and Rarities is about to start on the G&S twitch channel

Seems like the split is real, though I don’t think putting Deborah’s show in the same time slot as cr is a smart move.

Veks
May 12, 2012

That's uh, a Big Yikes!

"We need his (white cis het male) voice" lol No we dont, specially when all he did was victimize himself and patronize minorities when people disagreed with his centrist af post. Specially when there is no proof of the supposed hate he received.

Anyways, I agree with Narsham's post and I hope the cast is getting some counseling and they actually come forward with an apology and not like, a tweet like Mary's.

Veks
May 12, 2012

James Peach posted:

Looked through Steve Blum's tweet and found this:

https://twitter.com/otdderamin/status/1168048843784474624

Knowing the context may help understand why he reacted like he did but it does not excuse the second tweet at all and his lack of apology. Also why does he deserve all the empathy and excuses in the world and not the people who disagreed with him? Or the entire LGBT critter community which is now being vilified by the straight part (they sure latched on to this quickly!)?

And what was that pride flag hearts with the black heart tweet from Liam? He never explained it and it can be read in such a negative way, and everyone and their mother was retweeting it...

Veks
May 12, 2012

Moreau posted:

I've made it through the first 29 episodes of campaign 1. Honestly, from the way people talk about Orion I was expecting some enfant terrible, but... He's clearly not an ensemble player to the level of the others, and his final episode certainly has a few missteps, but nothing outside the realm of what's gone on before. He does make an interesting comment an the start of episode 27, calling Matt's attention to the fact that he doesn't know what they are facing (though he later does correctly identify the wraiths as such) which indicates that he may have been called out on his obvious meta-gaming. Someone else mentioned in-thread that most of the drama concerning him was outside the channel, and that certainly seems to be the case. Still, I won't be sorry to see him go, as his lack of ensemble skills just lead to Tiberius feeling wildly out of place.

That aside, do Vox Machina ever stop becoming massively entitled pricks and murder-hobos? The start of the Briarwood arc is particularly unpleasant. Attacking guests of Sovereign Uriel, yelling at him for calling them out for their increasingly brutal actions (knocking out Kynan was particularly egregious, I felt), sneaking out of town, ripping the tongues out of folk in Whitestone... this isn't particularly enjoyable viewing, and if this is going to be the continued behaviour of the group for the next 100 odd episodes, I think I'll just peace out now.

They're still figuring out how to handle things in front of the camera at that point. Campaign 2 is much better in this regard bc they learned how to reign in things that may be funny when done alone with your friends but not that good for a live audience. TBH at this point id recommend people to just start with campaign 2 and wait for the animated show if theyre interested in campaign 1. You'll miss a couple nods but not much else.

Veks
May 12, 2012

NowonSA posted:

I assumed that some whitewashed art was part of the art breaks they run before the stream and during the intermission, and that was the complaint. I wouldn't say there's a "good" way to whitewash a character, but fanart of a d&d character has to be about as close as you can get to that not being an issue. It's an artist's attempt to create a character based on a brief physical description, and by the way that character may not look anything like the actor who's playing them, including having different skin color, height, and a different gender or gender identity.

All the player and guest characters are introduced with official art and at least in Reani's case her skin color should not be up to debate bc shes played by a black woman who described her as being brown skinned. It takes zero effort to use a color picker tool to get her skin color right. You wouldnt make Black Panther white, I dont see why DnD characters should be treated differently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veks
May 12, 2012

I think the criticisms would hold more weight if a) the characters themselves were not as reserved and introverted as they are and more importantly b) if yasha and beau weren't such an upfront visible thing. Matt and Liam did ok imo. Would be nice to have a more upfront mlm couple in the next campaign tho for sure.