Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Marisha having a complete meltdown is the purest thing ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Shipping breaks people's brains

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
It was beautiful and well-acted and an enormous emotional payoff you joyless weirdos

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Everyone who says the date was cringey has probably never been a nervous bisexual on a date with another nervous bisexual. 100% of that poo poo was relatable

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
...you get that they're both terrified of emotional intimacy, right?

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
The Elemental Plane of Fire isn't just, like, literally fire. There are safe patches, pockets of breathable air, the occasional body of water, and at least one major city. Matt's not the kind of GM that would say "yeah, your Planeshift dropped you in a cube of magma three miles across, everyone start taking 3d6 fire damage per round". Wherever Team Scroll ends up, it's probably going to be survivable until they can get the dome up.

As for Team Ball, who knows.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I think the smart money is on a timeskip after this arc. Have an episode or two to go over how each of the PCs deals with a year and change of downtime before getting the band back together for killing Tharizdun or whatever

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

redbrouw posted:

I really hope that at some point they can get a guest in. Going over old episodes you can feel the momentum whenever they had someone else to perform for.
Fingers crossed for Brennan Lee Mulligan

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

PetraCore posted:

Huh, would a celestial warlock be Divine or Arcane?
Arcane, although I'm 90% sure that spells in 5e aren't keyworded with power source markers the way they were in older editions. Things like Potent Spellcasting specifically scale up cantrips from your class, but beyond that spells are spells and it doesn't matter where you get them from.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Deuce posted:

It was a melee class with light armor that has to spend its own hitpoints to fuel class features that aren't powerful at all. A glass cannon except without the cannon.

Talison repeatedly using Tiefling racial spells with a +0 charisma modifier was also not helping.
Dex-based Blood Hunters are just as sturdy than ones pumping strength. The real reason Molly died was because they ran headfirst into an extremely rough encounter without any healing, then proceeded to collectively roll like poo poo.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I sympathize with Matt a little because I too suffer from chronic "Always The DM Never The Player" syndrome, and he's an extremely good and smart player. Everything Essek did in that last fight was clutch, from dispelling Yasha's charm to knowing when to blow high level slots on Magic Missile because gently caress it, this thing needs to die now and I can't risk it making the save.

I'd obviously like to see him play more, but so much of their brand is tied up in him DMing that I'm not sure how often that'll happen.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I really want to see Sam get out of his comfort zone and play a heavy rather than a fiddly lightly-armored skirmisher.

Gimmie Paladin Sam Riegal plz.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
How long was the gap between Campaign 1 ending and Campaign 2 starting? I have to imagine they've all earned themselves a vacation after this Thursday.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
A few stray thoughts now that I'm finished and caught up on the thread:

- I love it and cried
- Hot takes about Caleb not being sufficiently queer are dumb and bad
- This thread was a little down on Zeenoth's sentence, but even if you live to be 700, 35 years is a long time to rot in a cell. I'm reminded of the part in Sandman where Morpheus talks about how time doesn't pass any slower or faster for immortal beings.
- Matt very, very badly needs a vacation

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Smaller mini-arcs and side stories that take place in the same universe help grow the brand and grow the company. One-shots are cool, but more things like Song of Lorelai that flesh out Exandria are a smart direction to take things.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Fingers crossed on Matt playing Devexian in Exandria Unlimited

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Worth noting is that 5th Edition isn't balanced around PVP at all, which means when PVP breaks out it's frequently unbalanced, unfair, and over very quickly because PC damage output outpaces PC HP pools. Monks spamming Stunning Strikes is top tier regressive bullshit with no counterplay

Froghammer fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Jun 20, 2021

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Pocky In My Pocket posted:

I don't think any version of D&D really works for PVP. You definitely need to approach it as a big dumb spectacle. Which it was
In theory, d20 / Pathfinder is built around the assumption that class levels can double as NPC building tools ("Oh poo poo, that ogre has levels in ninja!"). In practice, straight PVP tends to end the same way as 5e; someone stunlocks someone else and slowly beats them to death, or someone dumps all of their daily resources into putting out nuclear amounts of damage

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

redbrouw posted:

Gustav agreeing with a literal devil to feed it the infirm, elderly and disabled to save his circus is being interpreted by a few fans as Matt Mercer being ableist.

I found this out, and now all of you have to suffer more fandom crap, too.
Fandoms were and are a mistake

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
He absolutely deserved to be there, wizards with pocket dimensions where they keep giant demon hearts so they can do all kinds of experiments away from prying eyes are, by definition, up to no good. It's not like he was researching a cure for cancer or inventing new flavors of cotton candy in there.

Yussa dusting the body was doing the world a favor in the long run.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Flakey posted:

Halas bad, don't overthink it.
Basically. "I want to live forever" is shorthand for "I am a bad person" as far as science fiction / fantasy tropes go

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
People don't talk about it much, but Travis is also the group's resident powergamer. Grog was a Fighter 2 / Barbarian X in Pathfinder, which is a combo that stretched all the way back to early 3rd edition. In 5e, Fighter 3 / Barbarian X puts out insane numbers in combat, and Warlock / Paladin in any combination is in the running for strongest possible character.

I'm honestly excited to see what he plays in season 3.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Comfy Matt is already my new favorite NPC

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Does Liam just like Air Ashari or

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Oh no, Robbie's stats are terrible. 10 Con and 15 Cha on a Bard is never a good start

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
fire monkey

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Wildfire Druid, yep. I'd bet Fawn is a reskinned Centaur too

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Deuce posted:

A sorceror wearing chainmail?
Dwarves always get armor proficiency. Dwarven arcane casters are durable.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
SO
Air Genasi Bard
Halfling Fighter
Fawn (?) Druid
Dwarf Sorcerer
Aasimar (?) Warlock

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I will never get tired of the screaming fire monkey

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
The Sorcerer is a frat boy drunk, the Warlock is a sorority girl drunk, the Druid likes lighting things on fire, and the Bard and Fighter are exasperated all of the goddamn time

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I made the mistake of checking the subreddit and it's 90% people whining that Aabria seems like she's new to DMing.

Which is a) dumb and b) blatantly and provably untrue

I honestly wonder how much of the fanbase has ever actually played an RPG

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Aabria has DMed plenty on other streams which are publicly and freely available

I don't know why the insinuation that someone I don't know is new to DMing when they've produced hours of content with them behind the screen is getting me so riled up, but here we are

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Hulk Smash! posted:

I mean, the other side of being charitable is probably closer to reality: a bunch of internet nerds arguing in bad faith and, predictably, lashing out at a woman - of color at that - daring to play their D&D game.
I'm a male on the internet, so take everything I say with a grain of salt, but years ago I saw an interview with Felicia Day who mentioned off-hand something to the effect of "I'm a woman on the internet, that always comes with a baseline level of vitriol and harassment, and while that's not, like, good or acceptable, it's a thing I'm used to so it doesn't get under my skin as much, but people coming for my nerd cred drive me up a loving wall because how dare you tell me that I don't love this thing that I love" and it always kind of stuck with me.

The idea that Aabria Iyengar of all people would be new to GMing or make rookie mistakes is just kind of comical on it's face.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Pinwiz11 posted:

Aabria has been on tons of shows that also stretch the bounds of what a streaming RPG can be. For example, the whole "that scene was just for us" is so KOLLOK 1991.

(I miss Kollok. Mallory Jenkins is a loving idiot.)
I have no idea what this is, is it worth checking out?

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Disappointing Pie posted:

That's kinda wild, and implies there will be more billboards? Billboards for a limited run series for a very niche side story to a D&D live roleplay video series. Crazy times.
They're a burgeoning multi-media empire now. It was only a matter of time

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

TotalHell posted:

I’m just excited for the exclusive miniature I’ll be receiving on the anniversary of my subscription to CR+.
Poska is great. "Barricade myself in a room in your house in order to exit a conversation I'm bored with" is a very strong energy

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

How do you wanna do this?
This one's the winner.

And yeah, Exandria Unlimited continuing to be a series of mini-arcs set in their world as a way to on-board potential new viewers hesitent to dive into a 500 hour viewing experience is the stated goal. It's a good and smart way to grow the brand.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Always Cozy Matt never not Cozy Matt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Dagger salesmen