Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Keru posted:

I love how much they built on some of the more regular guests in Campaign 1, Zahra and Kash are the best, but especially Kash' absolutely-done-with-you-idiots reactions to some of their plans are fantastically deadpan

the bit with NPC Kash where he just starts yelling for Vex and Keyleth to get out of his room is gold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
My policy as someone who runs a lot of licensed games or stuff set in pre-made universes is you don't run it with a group that doesn't have at least a fair bit of familiarity with the setting

Then again I don't know if "waiting for the canon characters to show up" is a common problem or not, just not one I've ever experienced.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I'm guessing we're about to see a whole lot of one-shots become their own thing

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
with CR becoming its separate thing and Shield of Tomorrow ending what does G&S have left?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

CuwiKhons posted:

I didn't know Shield of Tomorrow was ending.

I found out because STO is doing an event for it of all things and then the official twitter confirmed it's ending in July

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

chitoryu12 posted:

Despite my joke, I definitely would say there's no single protagonist of Vox Machina. The group is so reliant on its status as a group that no single person stands out above the rest.

I think Fjord is only taking a leadership position in the Mighty Nein because he's the only fully levelheaded member of a gang of quirky scoundrels. Even someone totally average would be better at getting along and finding the right path.

My favorite thing about Fjord is while yeah that levelheaded thing is true he's also far and away the biggest liar out of an entire group of liars. Nothing about that dude is genuine.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

chitoryu12 posted:

Yeah, there's a possibility that at least a big part of Fjord's background is actually fake.

That's what I'm talking about. The fake Texan accent says a lot on its own.

For all we know his entire outward personality is just as much an affectation. He drops in and out of characters so easily, what's one more?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

CobiWann posted:

Vex is discussing tactics with regards to the Briarwoods and Orion says something along the lines of her coming up with a plan "giving him a half-chub," however the way he says it it comes off that he's talking about Laura, not Vex.

Travis isn't a fan of shopping episodes in general (he jokes about them throughout the campaign) and Orion's actions are causing him to die a little bit inside...however one can literally see the moment immediately after where Travis is ready to lay into Orion. I believe he mumbles "I am going to kill him" at one point as well.

He also openly, non-jokingly starts telling Orion that none of what he's doing matters, and at one point Matt is clearly nervous laughing to hide his frustration with Orion's bullshit.

It's miserable.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
we're getting a shitload of guests

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The Liam's Quests, the Vampire games (mainly the first one though the second one has its moments) and the Honey Heists are all must watch's

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I too immediately believe a corporation when they investigate into a matter to cover their own rear end instead of trusting victimized women

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
can't believe Brian viciously murders Sam in this video

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I will absolutely defend both Liam Quests as being good especially the first one

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Yeah like if you want to talk about people not knowing how basic mechanics work we will be here all day

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Sion posted:

Can you imagine the loving meltdown the community would have if they ever did a TPK?

I wonder which woman they'll desperately blame it on

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Qonas posted:

Right. The Twitter trolls that fired off at Marisha affected the Reddit so badly that it's simply a giant hugbox now and even something as innocuous as a comment about the lvl 20 Battle Royale will get dissected because in their minds it can be construed as "a troll didn't want Marisha to win so he's complaining about the battle royale!"

I'm fine with Marisha. Beau, however...

Basically because of the Reddit overcorrection. I want to discuss the show but my opinions will probably have negative reactions to things Beau did or said. If the reaction here was going to be the swift and merciless downvoting of justice like over there, I would just not say anything and move on.

The fact that you are bellyaching so much over this is immediately not a good look.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
given all the implications around Orion's exit and their complete severing and whether or not he abused his ex I imagine he's fairly dead to them

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Oh man a Liam Christmas one-shot

what unexpected body horror will be sprung upon us this time

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
this episode is already a comedy of errors

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Fjord's bullshit detector is ringing off the hook

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

CuwiKhons posted:

All aboard the goddamn Balleater.

this episode loving rules

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
well

bye

e: Critical Role: My Actions Effect Other People! gently caress!

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Dec 14, 2018

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
after-work tired thoughts: it's really impressive how deborah ann woll basically successfully played a kender thursday night

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I thought Molly was cool but mostly got lost in the shuffle of other people moving the plot along more. He had plenty of fun moments and I actually really love the idea of an amnesiac with zero interest in finding out what happened to him.

I honestly think my favorite thing about that death is Talesin's "Eyes never close" followed by just leaning back in his chair with his arms crossed. Clearly a dude who has lost a character before.

Close second is Sam's perpetual "I can't believe this is loving happening" nervous smile he has for the rest of the episode.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
"I don't think I did anything wrong!"
"Insight check."
"I don't think I did anything wrong!"

off to a rollicking start this week

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Jetrauben posted:

In his extremely limited defense, he did straight up propose they wait. The rest of the team said no, let's finish it. On the other hand, something weird is going on with him; he's been unusually snippy and jerkish, more than usual. And it's contrasted with him still being guilty and solicitous over Jester.

He proposed it in such a way to make sure everyone else felt like they wanted to help him - saying they should look at Beau or Nott's homes first, talking about how little time it would take to just hop over to the temple, Well Only If You Guys Are Sure I Guess - because Fjord is really good at manipulating a conversation to how he wants it to go.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
night before critmas archive is up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zxeGydXY98

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
It's absolutely worth watching. Matt and Travis end up stealing the show, along with the loving voice Sam is doing and Ashley's struggles to maintain a New York accent

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
He also spent Liam's Quest part 1 trying to convince Laura and Sam they had to eat Talesin to stay alive and then directly betrayed Sam at the end

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
real talk: Scanlan kind of sucks, and while Sam eventually turned "Scanlan kind of sucks" into an important character moment and gave him an actual arc, for most of C1 he just kind of sucks and a lot of those sex/poop/sex poop jokes probably played a lot better in Liam's kitchen than they did live on stream.

I don't particularly miss anyone from VM, really, compared to the M9 but Nott especially is so so much better than her counterpart.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Silynt posted:

real talk: this is a bad opinion

I can live with this.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

CuwiKhons posted:

Sam is dressed like a used car salesman.

politician apparently so same difference

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
these crab people are giving them some trouble

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Adnor posted:

Can't belive Tal just broke an entire encounter in one turn thanks to utility magic :allears:

It's D&D that's extremely believable

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Taliesin "gently caress you I'll scry who I want" Jaffe

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Adoptive parent absolutely doesn't work. Nott didn't know Disguise Self till after she met Caleb, since the entire angle for Arcane Trickster was that she was learning from him.

I guess it's possible Yeza was giving her polymorphing potions or something.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

eke out posted:

reincarnation would be kind of a relief, really

it'd be tragic, but it wouldn't involve some kind of horribly hosed up affair where nott pretended to be a child's dead mother (or whatever other terrible alternative explanation there'd have to be)

e: lmao if this is true

Yeah I checked the time stamps and this all checks out

god damnit Sam

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I finally watched last week's episode and between "Well gently caress him" and "Let me see my son" it was a banner night for rewatching bits to see everyone's reactions

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
jesus christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Liam sounds like he's about to cry for real