Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

tsob posted:

I absolutely hope she stops in the middle of some random drama a few sessions down the line when everyone is kind of standing around awkwardly and wondering what to do, then casts zone of truth purely to find out who has a crush on her. I can imagine her doing it in the middle of the Empire/Xorhas negotiations, when both sides are on the verge of killing each other but neither is willing to be the first to break the peace.

WotC has you covered:
https://www.dndbeyond.com/spells/355014-lavorres-zone-of-truth-or-dare

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

dazoner posted:

All I know is the Wendy's episode was the funniest poo poo CR ever produced and the fact that the folks who missed out... missed out, is a drat shame.
Thanks "fans"

The internet never forgets.

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

This show always gets better the closer it resembles an episode of Dallas.

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

dazoner posted:

This is surreal, I didn't realize how attached I was to Nott the Gobbo

there's plenty of time for the hag to realize she's been had and turn veth back into nott

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

in 2015 if you would have told me that the greatest comedy duo of the 21st century would be travis willingham and marisha ray I would have said "who?"

But damned if this isn't some of the finest work that's ever come out of this show.

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

NowonSA posted:

I missed the stream, hope it ends up on youtube.

If it isn’t there in a week or two I’ll throw up the vod that I sprinted to youtube-dl to capture the first time they cut away.

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

I hope Ashley’s story is as randomly incoherent as her attempts to retell the stories the other people gave her. Lean into the blessed Taliesin phrase “it sounded like you were trying to describe a car crash you saw in the parking lot at dodger stadium” from the first episode.

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

Disappointing Pie posted:

Mica Barton’s had a rough couple days. Looks like working at Rooster Teeth was pretty rough and it just came out.

I have more than a few times wondered if she could fit in permanently with the cast. She brings a ton of energy and youthful spirit and they all seemed to love having her.

She completely demolishes BWF as a host and I want to see her take over Talks Machina.

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

There may not be any fanart reel for next week because it's purely going to be drawings of yasha jerking off a plant

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

This year's shriner convention is booked alongside the freemason's annual meeting and an indian wedding

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

Mywhatacleanturtle posted:

Hey, have they said if the vod will be uploaded to YouTube at the usual time, or has that been expedited since it’s prerecorded now?

I doubt it will change since "immediate vod access" is their #1 subscriber perk.

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

Ultimate Mango posted:

Did D&D Beyond pull their sponsorship for the new episodes? Or did Matt and Co decide to no longer have them sponsor?

After march 2020, marketing budgets got slashed across the whole industry. You can't read much into a podcast or other similar media not having sponsors for the rest of the year.

Marketing is the easiest slash to make to a business unit to stop bleeding. Remember that WotC is part of Hasbro.

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

Man if Fjord hadn’t thrown away the sword of fathoms he could have tried to offer it up and we could have seen two gods fight over it. Or one of them would file an adverse possession lien which would be funnier.

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

How many episodes before they go for an item and Matt reminds them that they stashed it all on the ball eater?

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

Nemo2342 posted:

Can't be the Council; I'm sure Matt has killed them all off by now since he threatened to kill one every time the cast asked him who was on it.

By this point Tal'Dorei is one of those kleptocracies ruled in theory by a "justice of the constitutional court" who gets sworn in, passes the edicts of whatever warlord put them up to the job, and then is assassinated 90 days later.

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

Nemo2342 posted:

Honestly, I'd love for them to do a Freaky Friday kind of one shot where everyone has to play as someone else's character. The voices alone would be hysterical.

I have been watching since C1 Episode 10 and it still baffles me that this never happened.

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

Dawgstar posted:

Added to that I think was Keyleth got to do some stuff because Matt handwaved it, zeroing in on her because DM's girlfriend/wife and also woman and ignoring that Matt did that and does that for like everybody.

When asked to comment on "That Pat Rothfuss Bullshit," the senator had to return to an urgent meeting.

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

seaborgium posted:

After watching Talks Machina, I did think it was odd that their rules require Matt and Marisha to take different cars to the studio. They're married and live together, it's not like taking the same car is going to change anything about their proximity to each other.

It's normal for corporate insurance to require that two executives not share the same car, since car wrecks are one of the leading causes of death.

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

Pocky In My Pocket posted:

As a board game nerd, tie in board games make me very nervous. The ukatoa one definitely has my curiosity though

I trust Ivan Van Norman in the board game space.

And yes, they’re growing with side businesses, which is a fairer use of their income stream than just hoarding cash.

Start being worried when they go public or get acquired.

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

"And we've also been carrying her dead body."

I swear the M9 are a coen brothers movie

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

eke out posted:

feels like this is yet another example of "the party clears out the dungeon for the enemies trailing behind them, expending most of their resources and making that upcoming fight even worse"

This is called the Patented Colville Screw. Seems to be endemic among DMs named Matt.

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

At the end of the campaign, after the credits roll, we cut to a man being dragged into a meat packing plant with a hood over his head. He gets tied to a chair. The heavies leave. Footsteps. A halfling comes around the corner after casting a large shadow. It's Veth Brenatto. She rips the hood off the man. It's Otis.

End of movie, lights come up.

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

redbrouw posted:

Why do wizards and wizards society keep around anti magic golems and books that make you anti magic tattoo person? Seems counterproductive.

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

Abroham Lincoln posted:

oh my god jester talking to the charmed guard actually hosed them.

I love when these goofballs set up a Patented Colville Screw :allears:

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

Hulk Smash! posted:

Travis is legit the best cheerleader for the rest of the group's moments.

I legit think this is why he got the CEO job. He's perfectly happy to be the hype man for the rest of the cast. I think this is demonstrated best in the scene with Marisha as Tracy.

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

queeb posted:

edit: sorry if my live posting is annoying

The Game of Thrones thread during the red wedding and all the book-first posters giggling like the horn section in band as it approached was some of the finest posting these forums have ever produced.

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

queeb posted:

c1e43 motha loving zahra is back! Mary Elizabeth McGlynn is great. I skipped the kashaw stuff but he seems really great too

Will Friedle is such a great dude and I wish he would pop up again. Not only is he a great actor but he's probably the second best tactical genius player they have after Sam.

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

Nemo2342 posted:

Probably because of COVID honestly. Before it became untenable to bring in the cast and crew all the time they had a number of secondary programs filling up those open days: Game Ranch, Critter Hug, All Work No Play, Pub Draw, MAME Drop, Between the Sheets, and the grab-bag #EverythingIsContent.

Thanks for reminding me of how much I miss MAME Drop :smith:

Capcom could have resurrected Quiz and Dragons as a franchise with Matt voice acting it.

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

Mage_Boy posted:

Liam survived a campaign!

There's still time.

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

I expect Matt to get no less than four months out of the DM chair for his own safety. Poor dude has appeared to age five years in 14 months. I also hope people are explaining to him that no one outside the usual "they changed it and it sucks" twitter mob would care if he figured out a way to have professional colleagues help him prep. Not necessarily a writers room, but handling the grunt work of designing encounters, mapping dungeons, calculating stat boxes, etc. He's already got assistance for building minis, so hopefully this is a start of that.

In the long term I feel like CR is eventually going to be like a 70s prog band where half the band are talented musicians borrowed from other groups for long stretches, and occasionally you get an "original lineup" tour.

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

Travis' comic timing is so good he can land jokes that don't even make any sense.

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

NowonSA posted:

I had a DM in one of my campaigns hand us essentially a full dragon hoard with heaps of money an an uncommon magic item of our choice at like, level 4 and I thought i was spoiled. It's wild to think of potential access to heaps of residium (they only opened one crate, they could all have been packed with the stuff for all we know and just a crate of it is insanely valuable on its own) and 5,000 gp in platinum of walking around money at level 2. If nothing else it'll be a fun hook to see what they do now that they have at least two groups gunning for them.

A good DM does not hand out tons of money without having a plan to take that money back by force.

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

Froghammer posted:

They're a burgeoning multi-media empire now. It was only a matter of time

Will their dedicated streaming service cost more or less than Alpha did?

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

DarklyDreaming posted:

Lionfish met Liberace :swoon:

He missed a swing at describing his costume as "brian w foster"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

I think EXU pointed out the main thing that makes streaming TTRPGs way different than any other medium before it.

When you're putting on a show, it's for the benefit of an audience and the audience is the most important person in a theoretical room. The difference this time is that the people on the screen are the audience, not us. The players are the ones who have to be happy with the events, and if the viewers aren't, too bad.

A streaming TTRPG game is inherently watching people you like having lunch. EXU was the Friday night beer and pretzels game with a "rocks fall, everyone dies" DM. Coming off of 5+ years of Matt "Drama Club Kid" Mercer and his band of improv geniuses plucking story out of a board game, this was doomed to disappoint a section of the viewership.

EXU was a more realistic depiction of a TTRPG than anything on the channel thus far, and that's why half of twitter hated it and half loved it.