Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
Sweet, there's a thread for us nerds now! I was really slow on getting into this, despite my friends insistance that I needed to watch this (Hi Trast!), because I thought "It's just going to be terrible D&D playing with 'roll for sex hur hur hur' stuff that I was familiar with from my own youth", but I got really sick for Christmas 2016 and decided to at least give it a chance and then it was the next day and I'd devoured 6 episodes back to back.

Been with it ever since and I haven't ever regretted it.

Regarding Orion: It wasn't entirely 'dudes a druggie and cheating' either, he spoke about it on his own twitch stream back in August and what it boiled down to was a combination of an ex coming back into his life to be a real weirdo stalker as well as him finding out he was HIV positive, which is what really turned him into a drugged up wreck in the longer term. These days he's at least clean and has his HIV under control, but as he put it there's pretty much zero chance he'll show up on CritRole again because he burned those bridges real hard.

I had no idea about the Taliesin stuff, which does explain why he sort of just vanished into the background up until the Briarwood arc takes off.

I'd also like to point out that getting to watch Travis play someone who isn't just smart but also charismatic and personable is going to be a loving treat, dude's constantly the most tactical player at the table and not having to play a (admittely a very funny one) meathead is going to be great.

Fjord is a sailor who summons a magic sword and ice armor. He's a loving magical girl, change my mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
I skipped the Trial of the Take episodes the first time around, but doubled back to them once those guests showed up again in episodes and I can confirm: skipping those episodes is a mistake, they're really solid.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Not to doublepost, but I'm really enjoying the more political intrigue focus for this campaign, even if they're about as subtle as a sack of hammers thrown through a window.

Edit: This is a loving episode you don't miss.

Keru fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Mar 30, 2018

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

How the gently caress do you calm down after that?

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

There's a lot to say for a properly done buildup, I don't even know where you can point to as a 'this is where it starts building' that isn't a couple of episodes back. Maybe that first underground meeting in the cellar at the inn?

I can not loving wait for next thursday.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

See, from what I've seen of Orion from his twitch streams and himself talking about how CR poo poo happened, it really doesn't sound like him at all. Dude was really down on himself for ruining his relationship with Geek and Sundry/CR and didn't seem to hold any ill will towards them. That said, this was before he had to end the Draconian Knights thing, so who knows?

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Adnor posted:

Everyone in the Mighty Nein need glasses with their history of perception checks.

Except Beau, she's got some already

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

I cannot believe that they're getting away with this.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Sion posted:

All the rebroadcasts are still on times that are good for people living in the US. I like the show but I ain't staying up until 7 AM to watch it ;P

It sucks, even the Saturday rebroadcast is at 11 PM CET, which would be okay if it was a 1-2 hour show but 4-5 hours is a bit much even so.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

ZypherIM posted:

Hrmm, there are 2 rebroadcasts after the initial showing, the second one is usually starting between 2pm-3pm CET. Guess that is still just slightly too early unless you take off early on friday.

3 actually, and they're at ~7 AM friday, ~10PM saturday and then again at ~7AM on sunday. Times in approximate because sometimes the shows run longer or shorter than usual

http://www.wheniscriticalrole.com/rebroadcast has a link to the weekly rebroadcast schedule in PDF form, with all the times in Pacific Day Time, which is 8-9 hours behind CET. They make a new schedule for it each week since their rebroadcast times are all approximate based on how long stuff runs, etc.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

I was half expecting that to turn into an unfortunate conflagration of silly string and overhead theatre lights.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

I get the feeling Molly is just bullshitting frantically because he literally doesn't remember who this Tbaxi is.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

God I love Sam's ads. :allears:

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Firstborn posted:

Only bad part about S1 is Travis being hamstrung by 6 INT.

Completely disagree. Low int Grog is some of the best poo poo in season 1.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

I hope Sam's ad next week is utterly unbearable, now that he's an Emmy winner.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

How long has Liam had that 'diamond' prop?

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

NowonSA posted:

Archfey stuff

My favorite part of this is that if it IS true, then it's more of Percy's bad choices coming back to bite people in the rear end. Percy is a terrible, terrible person and I love him.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

CuwiKhons posted:

That wasn't really Percy's bad decision. The entire party agreed to build a door for Artagan and let him strangle Vax in order to be able to rest and get back to the Big Fight in a timely manner.

I need to rewatch, because I could've sworn Percy was the one to agree to it, plus building it in Whitestone? It's been half a year at this point since that aired.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

What the gently caress Sam

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

chitoryu12 posted:

Imagine being married to him, or having him as your dad.

Ugh, yeah. Poor Liam.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

This is the best plan ever.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Todays episode made me remember that my2k does some excellent fanart on twitter and everyone should see it.

https://twitter.com/my2k/status/992296731147579395

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Liam and Marisha themselves made fun of their characters relationship on a few Talks Machina, likening it to Your First Highschool Romance. Plus, it's still pretty early into campaign 2, so their characters haven't really had the corners smoothed out yet.

In the meantime, how great is Nott? She's the best.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

CuwiKhons posted:

I still don't like Nott that much and I honestly don't understand her story at this point. I don't think it's a metaphor for being trans as much as it is a very different take on PC exceptions to "Always Evil" races (and Matt doesn't believe in Always Evil so I expect that to take a few twists and turns), which could be interesting but it's not yet and it might take awhile to get to that point.

Personally, a lot of it is my trust in Sam's ability to play his character, he's been 2 for 2 so far with Campaign 1 and I can't wait to see where he's going with Nott.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

I just realised Sam's shirt says 'Missing' because he wasn't in Ep 20 of campaign 1.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Teddybear posted:

The first episode he missed, he wore the green screen. Then I think he started skipping missed episodes in the shirt order, and if he no longer had the shirt he'd wear something appropriate-- an ERROR 404 one week. I'm guessing he no longer has whatever shirt he wore next on the show, hence the Missing.

Nah, I checked. Ep 20 was the first Trial of the Take where they split up the group into two teams for each guest-pair.

Edit: oh I guess it's time for Yasha story time.

Keru fucked around with this message at 03:52 on May 25, 2018

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Silynt posted:

Nah, he's just skipping the weeks that he wasn't there. Last week's shirt was actually from episode 24 of the first campaign. So I agree, he must have lost the shirt that he wore in episode 25 last time around.

Oh right, I forgot he was skipping them if he wasn't there.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

I'm enjoying this episode too much.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Teddybear posted:

Boy I got to episode 63 where they fight Sondur in the feywild and the video is broke as gently caress. Audio cuts out repeatedly throughout, and at the break the video turns into flashing blocks of green and purple for the rest of the video. It’s a shame.

They uploaded a fixed version of that, I thought? This should be the fixed one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OS5aMcxkldI

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Hahaha, that was perfect.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

When did Beau become the Mom of the group? I'm not complaining, they really do need someone to put down their foot at times.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

DarklyDreaming posted:

Honestly I think right when she told Jester to stop eating so many pastries, which was like her 2nd line in the first episode

You know what, that is true.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

The secret backstory to Campaign 2 is that their characters are all actually terrible at their chosen professions :haw:

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Their attempts at persuading this poor woman is giving me life.

Edit: YES! I was hoping she'd use sending for this

Keru fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jun 15, 2018

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

I love how much they built on some of the more regular guests in Campaign 1, Zahra and Kash are the best, but especially Kash' absolutely-done-with-you-idiots reactions to some of their plans are fantastically deadpan

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

I'm just continuously surprised they haven't gotten her killed yet, she's got 6 HP for god's sake.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

They're weird tonight, I can already tell this is going to be a fun episode.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Yeah, that moment was great, it went from kinda rowdy to *pindrop*

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

CobiWann posted:

I just finished Episode 103 - Grog and Scanlan vs. the Vasselheim Guard.

By Vecna I haven't laughed that hard since Grog and Taryon vs. the Vasselheim guard.

It's such an amazing chain reaction of 'oh-no.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

I hope they take a page from Liam and Sam with regards to their kids and just keep them out of their social media circle, uses codenames etc.

Edit: and I know that sounds like they have kids together and I'm not doing anything to dissuade anyone of you of that notion.