Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm stuck between "gently caress off, brand" and "there absolutely needs to be a cyberpunk taco bell version of this ASAP".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Pocky In My Pocket posted:

Is there a way to get the file for this? Is that how 3D printing works?

Seriously, please share the file. I'd like to shrink it down and replace the funnel on an airhorn with this.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Popularity, or in a fight?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

TotalHell posted:

Am I remembering correctly that Rifts is the one where you do like 20 million damage and enemies’ lives have like billions of HP or some poo poo?

Nah, it's the one where some weapons do MEGA DAMAGE (roughly damage * 100), and armor has MEGA DAMAGE CAPACITY!

Also, the main book has a class that is powerarmor that's the toughest thing in the world because it's all made of one molecule and it has a gun so powerful gods use it instead of their divine powers - a baby dragon (MEGA DAMAGE MAGIC DRAGON) - and a dude that has a can of soup, a beat-up current-era pickup truck and maybe a small MEGA DAMAGE pistol.

But my favorite thing about it is that the robot combat rules are a straight cut-and-paste of the Robotech RPG, to the point that they discuss Guardian Mode, which isn't a thing any robot native to rifts has.

I'd love to seem them try rifts.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Paladin posted:

I remember that interview. It amuses me that the SDF-1 has an entire life outside of Macross as "the thing you steal to kill gods in Rifts."

I'm pretty sure anyone who's played more than a couple of games of rifts has stolen the sdf1 at some point. Hillariously, the gun on that thing has a damage rating and that monster that lives under the Pacific ocean can tank it, once.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Mage_Boy posted:

After the last NordVPN commercial I am all in for a short Shadowrun show with Matthew Lilliard.

Wherein he plays a wizard or something.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

tsob posted:

How does that even work? Is it one molecule in dimension; as in 10 to the power of −10 m? Is it one molecule super sized to be regular human (or regular God, I guess, sized)? Is it broken apart to create the various body parts? Or does the user just sit inside it, and it's a power armor in name only?

First off, like everything in Rifts, it doesn't.

But as stated, it's all one very large molecule, with many, many atoms. Think like dna or polyester, but metal and shaped like powerarmor.

Oh, also it takes half damage from energy weapons, because, uh, molecules?

There are also people running around with big rear end cylinders sticking out of their head that were supposed to make them telekenetic, but it didn't work, and now they're insane, but the labs kept turning them out because....

There's also dudes on supermeth, who move so fast you actually can miss them in a gunfight sometimes and they wear MEGADAMAGE football pads for armor.

And like, Terminators. Just straight up Terminators.

Oh, and like a class where you play as Dr quest.

And a soldier. Like just a soldier.

And a soldier, but mutant dog man who can smell psychic powers.

And the City of Fascist Chicago. They like skulls there. Big metal skulls. Some of them have spider legs and are troop transports.

You can also be one of three flavors of wizard. Or a psychic that gets all the psy powers, or one that just gets the fire ones, or a class that gets the psychic sword, but theirs isn't as good as the guys who get all the powers.

Literally all of this is true. And it's just the main book. Other books include Germany: mechs vs demons edition, The Old West But Also Cactus People, and South America - Vampire Clowns and Pumamen.

Actually, I don't want them to play rifts. I want to watch Matt and Taliesin explain rifts to the group.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
#vortex

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
So basically, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac7G7xOG2Ag?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Maybe it's a scam, and someone's taking the gems back to civilization.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
So was it incompetence or malice from G&S?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I doubt he'll get killed for realsies. Or if he does, we get to find out what Talesin's third character in a campaign looks like. That could be fun, too!

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Maybe. In my experience, character #3 in a campaign is around when rage characters start getting made, so we'll have to see.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
The nice thing is that they are literally on an island that can provide almost any character build, and give them a hook for a backstory.

After a few minutes of thought, in that position, I'd probably do a shifter(tiger) fighter either battlemaster (to help direct traffic during combat) or scout (because "forest person" is often helpful). Shifter(tiger) because I think Matt mentioned there being one around earlier, and why not go with that. I think he technically said weretiger, but eh, close enough.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ImpureChillyCusimanse-mobile.mp4
It's afraid.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
This new plan...

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Laura and Travis in Shadowrun. That would certainly be something.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I'm curious about the nine eyes thing that came up. That links to Molly's coat or tatoos, right? Also nonagon = nine sided thing. Ultimately though, rpg character backstory-main story connections is navelgazing theorycraft, right up until it isn't.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I really want them to declare that the congoers were the Travellers after all.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Narsham posted:

This is a good spot for Sam to introduce a new character as one of the Travellercon attendees. They obviously aren’t all clerics.

So, Marius, then?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Sam should make a rich, happy, Zemnian wizard who's not particularly creative or hungry for new spells. Just confident and likable, but dull and a bit rulesy.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

PetraCore posted:

An unexceptional graduate from the Soltryce Academy. Never stood out to his teachers, but plugged away at the hard work!

Respected by peers and family alike!

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Well, Chaos Reigns....

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Apparently, Artagan has moved to the later phase of the "gently caress around and find out" equation.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

eke out posted:

assuming it's not a con-within-a-con

It seems pretty late in the game to pull a double reverse fakeout, but anything's possible.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I know it's improbable, but a C3 that's something other than dnd could be fun. Shadowrun, Scum and Villany, basically anything but FATAL.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
It's rare you see Taliesin worried.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

DeathSandwich posted:

Not a great time for an ad read, Sam

Buying time for Taliesin to think out his turn.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
The last thing Lucien saw.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
So, did Tal do-deca-heal himself this game?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

DeathSandwich posted:

None of the VM guys have terribly strong con saves. Beau is going to start stunning striking someone and keep them out of the fight. It's going to be a lot closer than I think most people would expect.

You can split attacks, so she might be able to stun more than once simultaneously. That said, Percy helps VM a lot more the Molly helps MN, so it could go either way.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Any word on what system this is running in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Oh, very cool.