Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Frumpkin is a black cat, right? He better be a black cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Awww. Still cute tho.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

^^ :stonk: Boy am I glad I skipped to Campaign 2.

Where is Talks Machina uploaded? I can’t find its playlist on YouTube.

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jun 22, 2018

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

???

https://twitter.com/matthewmercer/status/1015864117146443778

What happened?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I am immensely relieved to hear it's just Matt drunkenly going I LOVE YOU MANNNNNNN to an entire audience.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Haven’t seen the ep yet, but apparently some people are being real lovely to Burch as a result of last night.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

How about it’s a loving game and that’s what happens in games? Welcome to D&D.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Bad Seafood posted:

I'm a couple episodes behind on CR due to traveling but I've heard enough regarding the previous episode to get the gist of what went down and I cannot believe any of the backlash I've seen over this. It's all ridiculous.

I have to say though my personal favorite response was someone accusing Matt of becoming a manipulative, power-gaming DM who only cares about toying with his player's lives and causing pain to them (and the fanbase, of course); after one death in 26 sessions. That and "Kidnapping players when they're not there" to defend themselves, which I think they missed the part where that was Matt implementing an excuse to take three characters out of the action whose players aren't around.

And by favorite I mean "What is going on."

Although I've seen these reactions, I've only seen them disparately on Twitter or Youtube. I haven't found a large repository of them yet. Are they mostly on Tumblr or Reddit?

EDIT: Yep, mostly Tumblr.

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jul 14, 2018

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Josef bugman posted:

Okay I take it something huge happened and I am trying not to spoil myself but who is being dickwads and how are the cast holding up?

Please say that they are okay and/or calling people out for freaking out about something.

Dice fell where they may and some people didn't like that. Now they're looking for something to blame other than the dice, and being very immature about it.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Josef bugman posted:

Oh dear. Are the crew and staff being shouted at on Twitter in a none jokey "YOU DICKS!1!" kind of way?

The grand majority of people are supportive and protective of the cast. Others are having trouble understanding it and assigning fault to the DM or players. It usually takes the form of "this is ruining me and someone in particular is the cause".

And then a few people are noting Ashly Burch's presence and taking the opportunity to go full Gamergate, which is just kinda fuckin' typical.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I'm just waiting for the inevitable "we as viewers of Critical Role demand this particular behavior from the DM and players" online petition.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

chitoryu12 posted:

I think there's healers capable of resurrection in Zadash, which is something like 6 days away. They've also got the Orb and some gold, so if they can get to Zadash they should be able to get Molly resurrected. There's also the possibility of a guest cleric next week, intervention from a god or other powerful being that demands something from the Mighty Nein in return, or Molly coming back without his memories or with his old Lucien memory.

Don't forget that Matt also released a homebrew class specifically for characters that die. That's probably the more likely outcome, the other being that Taliesin just makes a new character.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Do a dapper lil all-black Tabaxi :3:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Honestly the people that are the angriest about Mollymauk getting ripped a new one for good are also the least palatable fans of the show.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I just find it amazing that people who are completely and utterly devoted to a show will shriek and holler when a character they like bites the dust and start accusing the creators of abuse and homophobia, and subsequently deny the intent of said creators after hiding behind the veneer of claiming to be interested in their well-being. What a bunch of loving hypocrites.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Veks posted:

Having seen the episode, I can’t believe people reacted so strongly to Ashly’s rping. It really wouldn’t have changed much had she played normally, I think. Also I’m sad Molly is gone bc he was the gayest character in the party, but accusing the cast of homophobia bc he died is like the furthest reach I’ve seen in a while.

What's your av from, by the way?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Pretty sure he was at least bi.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

That may have been the best Sam announcement ever.

eke out posted:

lmao - literally every ad Sam is reading before this episode is about how everyone loves Molly and he's never going to die.

"look i got a tattoo it's nott and molly dancing together saying WE'RE GOING TO LIVE FOREVER :downs:"

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I always wonder what kind of ridiculous poo poo they're actually saying in the intro movie.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Sometimes I forget they're professional actors. Sometimes the show reminds me.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

False alarm, it's Sumalee.

e: im a firbolg :shobon:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Oh my god Nila is awesome. Can we keep her? :allears:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Keru posted:

She is killing it. Pissed off mom druid is great.

Nila is exactly what both the party and the audience needed. Incredible timing.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Yessssssssssss :dance:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Holy poo poo, Nott.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Pretty sure they're saving Taliesin's character for Gencon.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

This is going quite late.

Teddybear posted:

Maybe. I dunno if folks (or Tal, or the show) would countenance that sort of gap. I'd've bet on this week, maybe next week at the latest.

I would have preferred they just get to it, too.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

They went straight for the Ophelia place instead of trying to get help in town first. If it had been the other way around, Tal woulda shown up :v:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Ojjeorago posted:

Next week, they explore the town for help and encounter a suspicious bear.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Also, with the reveal of Lorenzo eating something child sized and shaped, he's even more definitely an Oni.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Oh my god Taliesin's new character is literally Adam Koebel.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Caduceus grows tealeaves from graves. :allears:

https://twitter.com/skinnyghost/status/1023703163738583042

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jul 31, 2018

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

kingcom posted:

I've done this for almost every PC or NPC i've ever made. It's that or pull a weird latin phrase/word as a name.

I followed the patented McElroy Teenager Naming Method for one of my halfling characters and named her Moxie Cheerwine. :haw: I like her name so much that I’m totally reusing her elsewhere.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

:laffo: The Critical Role Highlights guy is a chud

https://twitter.com/RayKaiGeorge/status/1020775970687471616

https://twitter.com/RayKaiGeorge/status/1020775972675522560

https://twitter.com/RayKaiGeorge/status/1020775974504296448

https://twitter.com/dharma_punx/status/1021464197861986304

https://twitter.com/MerelyMayhem/status/1023821638935166976

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Chalk up "they're monetizing their game so they should do what the audience wants them to do" as the worst argument I've ever loving heard, holy poo poo.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Is it just me, or is the sound/voiceover in the CelebriD&D video kind of...off?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

This is not their night.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

oni

Raged posted:

Oooooooh maybe someone is going to die

This is going to result in at least one death.

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Aug 4, 2018

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

eke out posted:

it's good drama but i can't help but think these encounters are over tuned

:ssh: D&D is not a good game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.