Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474
Jan 12, 2006

eat your vegetables dot com
So I've purposefully not read much outside the OP for spoiler reasons but as someone who strongly prefers to pick a starting point and go rather than picking piecemeal - is starting with Campaign 2 better for a new watcher? I hear a whole lot of "season 1 doesn't get going for a while" which for a series with 3 hour episodes sounds iffy to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474
Jan 12, 2006

eat your vegetables dot com

Hulk Smash! posted:

FWIW I'm also a new watcher (as of when C2: E8 was the most recent thing), went through all of C2 and then back to C1 to mitigate the shakes between episodes. I picked up C1 at episode 27 - the last with Orion - and had no trouble picking up the background and characters of C1. I would recommend going to Ep. 28 though since Ep. 27 is just painful to watch as Orion completes his self-destruct.

I ended up taking your advice, except kind of the opposite because I like train wrecks a lot, and started at S1E26. I really feel like I got the whole Orion experience: at first I liked him quite a bit, then I liked him a lot and thought people were way too hard on him, then he started grating on my nerves, and then I got to that errand running segment in 27 and I'm glad he's gone. It was a wild ride and exactly the place for me personally to start.

Officially hooked. See you all in a week when I'm fully caught up because my lifestyle is pretty primo for binging 5 hour dnd sessions