Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I open the Youtube website. I'm greeted by "recommended" videos, mostly just related videos to ones I've watched recently. Sticking to "recommended" videos basically locks me in to a small cycle of content that is only about 15% of the channels I've actually subscribed to and update regularly (I haven't seen an EEVBlog video in "recommended" in months, even though I've watched tons of his videos in the past).

So I want to see what's new. 6 videos in "recently uploaded," all channels in my "recommended." whatever. I want to see something different.

I go to the subscriptions column. The channels are arranged in a completely random manner. There appears to be no reasoning behind it. Numbers are to the right of the channel names. But what do they mean? I scroll down a bit and find Techmoan, right above Ashens and AvE, naturally, with a "2" next to it. 2 new videos? Nope, I already watched his most recent video 2 days ago.

who the gently caress runs this clown show?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
its me i run it. im sorry i will resign on monday

Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

this made me check my subscriptions and there hasn't been any gaming garbage for 2 months

lowtax get the goondesk so you can stream without a neck

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib
you get what you pay for OP

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

i've been on the youtube site for many years and no romantic encounters have started because of it yet

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

youtube thinks all i want to watch are "history of laserdisc" videos, of which there are an endless supply

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
people actually go to YouTube without knowing what they want to see?

the only times I’m ever at YouTube are either because I followed a link someone sent me or because i want to find a video of something specific.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

poty posted:

its me i run it. im sorry i will resign on monday

gently caress YOU!

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

lol if you have history enabled on youtube

pram
Jun 10, 2001
sorry yr having a hard time watching furry videos op

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I like the videos where girls pretend to be your girlfriend

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I like videos about red pandas

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
OP you should subscirbe to my youtbe channel

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

youtube was good for like 3 months back in 2006

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

If I see youtube links posted in threads I click them < 1% of the time even if they're quoted later with "LOL OMG" and stuff. Because gently caress that.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Especially if it's just a bare link with no description at all.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'm still on 56k so I have to be assured a youtube link is worth the click

Tane
Feb 27, 2005

Big Beef City posted:

If I see youtube links posted in threads I click them < 1% of the time even if they're quoted later with "LOL OMG" and stuff. Because gently caress that.

i also suffer from rickroll ptsd

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I'd like to picture you jumping up in the air matrix style, legs spread wide...pants just exploding off your body, before going in for the ultimate face rape of yours truly, cock all the way down my throat...violently gyrating your pelvis as you attempt to get enough friction for you to climax without losing your tight grip around my face. legs wrapped around my back, you ejaculate hot ropes of your seed down my throathole like a facehugger alien

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Silver Alicorn posted:

who the gently caress runs this clown show?

james damore?

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

They fired him for telling the :biotruths:

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

The real answer is: nobody runs YouTube. Google makes such a thin margin on adds (or they run it at a loss) that the only real resources they can devote go to pandering to the advertisers. The rest is left to machine learning with as little human intervention as possible

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Here's some good 2B cosplay. Pause at 1:09.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dXGRyvMtIQ&t=105s

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

FAGGY CLAUSE posted:

I'd like to picture you jumping up in the air matrix style, legs spread wide...pants just exploding off your body, before going in for the ultimate face rape of yours truly, cock all the way down my throat...violently gyrating your pelvis as you attempt to get enough friction for you to climax without losing your tight grip around my face. legs wrapped around my back, you ejaculate hot ropes of your seed down my throathole like a facehugger alien

Can I have one of these they are rather good.

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
ill have to think of one

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

I watched a video about a games once and now youtube thinks i hate women

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Blue Raider posted:

youtube was good for like 3 months back in 2006
There were 2 weeks in 2013 that were pretty ok.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

I watched a video about a games once and now youtube thinks i hate women

Is it wrong?

Woden
May 6, 2006

Silver Alicorn posted:

The real answer is: nobody runs YouTube. Google makes such a thin margin on adds (or they run it at a loss) that the only real resources they can devote go to pandering to the advertisers. The rest is left to machine learning with as little human intervention as possible

They worship algorithms like gods at Google.

I was reading an article about a media company that paid for Gmail and used to forward a ton of poo poo internally. This was flagged as spam and when they called up Google they were told to stop doing that so much and the algo would eventually figure it out.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zE8eL25yNHk

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

the new youtube apple tv app is also loving abysmal, it's the second worst thing that i use every day after my terrible ironing board

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Big Beef City posted:

so you didnt configure youtube embedding in sa and youre not running any youtube embedding or title scripts either? your mom get you a puter for christmas?

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
youtube is cracking down on content regulations to the point where its removing revenue from videos for poo poo like video game violence and swear words so its going to just turn into a shittier version of tv before you know it anyway

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
idk who the gently caress runs youtube but we gotta bool on them cali niggas

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

redm posted:

youtube is cracking down on content regulations to the point where its removing revenue from videos for poo poo like video game violence and swear words so its going to just turn into a shittier version of tv before you know it anyway

Friendship with YouTube ended.

WorldstarHipHop is my new best friend

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

redm posted:

Vet Ranch, a channel with a Patreon where the donations get used to save animals that are scheduled for euthanasia, apparently started getting some videos removed for "gore" in the surgeries it was showing, so it had to start blurring everything out, or just stopped showing the surgeries.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Whats the URL

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Guys, I think we can all agree that the biggest victim of youtube is white , conservative men.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

this has only been viewed 2000 times since 2013, i guess there's still some hope for humanity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

akadajet posted:

youtube thinks all i want to watch are "history of laserdisc" videos, of which there are an endless supply

Why is the Tech Connections guy even trying? Seems like he wants to make a suburban american version of Techmoan's far superior content (without acknowledging who he's cribbing from) but he's completely without charm and looks constantly pissed off.

• Locked thread