Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

extremebuff posted:

after hundreds of hours and dozens of playthroughs of bloodborne I never knew certain enemy grabs could be escaped. it's never been a thing in any souls game so ive never tried, the other day i got grabbed by one of the brainsucker things and I started mashing everything and my dude actually shoved him away halfway through the attack, i was floored

Yeah lol. It's L1/R1 mashing iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

how does this work

Equip the beehive as an item and toss it on the platform where you're standing and they'll fly into it instead of attacking you

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

I got super close to doing this but couldn't bring myself to keep playing it after beating the game. like it was cool to get the flying car and crash it into mountains a few times, but something about the ending just sucked the fun out of the camping simulation.

if you didn't do the postgame platforming dungeon you're really missing out.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

The only two times I ever successfully landed the flying car was going to and from the platformer dungeon, after about 5-6 crashes.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Pixar sued Nintendo and got Uniracers (Unirally in Europe) pulled from shelves permanently because Pixar once made a 3 minute video that nobody saw of a CGI unicycle and apparently that's all it takes to get a game removed from store shelves

a tragic loss

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

you can revive genral leo if you fly around fanatics tower in world of ruin [NOT KEKFA'S TOWER] 99 times couterclokwise after you've assembled all the other characters including umaru and gogo. this will trigger a fight with the kin behemoth, basically a super powered behemoth that's stronger than just about every other enemy in the game. he drops the golden elixer which you can pour on general leo's grave in thamasa, reviving him.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

extremebuff posted:

after hundreds of hours and dozens of playthroughs of bloodborne I never knew certain enemy grabs could be escaped.

attack its weak point for massive damage

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

You can control the duck in duck hunt using the player two controller.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

mysterious loyall X posted:

you can revive genral leo if you fly around fanatics tower in world of ruin [NOT KEKFA'S TOWER] 99 times couterclokwise after you've assembled all the other characters including umaru and gogo. this will trigger a fight with the kin behemoth, basically a super powered behemoth that's stronger than just about every other enemy in the game. he drops the golden elixer which you can pour on general leo's grave in thamasa, reviving him.

yet the reality of it is far more hosed up and wild - it turns out the playground rumors were in the right forest, they just kept climbing the wrong tree

https://lparchive.org/Breaking-Final-Fantasy-VI/Update%2013/

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Black August posted:

yet the reality of it is far more hosed up and wild - it turns out the playground rumors were in the right forest, they just kept climbing the wrong tree

https://lparchive.org/Breaking-Final-Fantasy-VI/Update%2013/

lol

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The Christmas Carol FF6 romhack.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

The Christmas Carol FF6 romhack.

The ghost of Christmas past

present

and future

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

dont show me this

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

i love feeding this little dude on the train

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

extremebuff posted:

after hundreds of hours and dozens of playthroughs of bloodborne I never knew certain enemy grabs could be escaped. it's never been a thing in any souls game so ive never tried, the other day i got grabbed by one of the brainsucker things and I started mashing everything and my dude actually shoved him away halfway through the attack, i was floored

it's been a thing since dark souls 1, at least

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

it's been a thing since dark souls 1, at least

no loving way.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

extremebuff posted:

no loving way.

read the manual

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

elf help book posted:

read the manual

mods. please

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

read the manual

i just looked it up...wtf. dude. you can escape mimic munching early, and a ton of other grabs. in like a decade of playing these games ive never tried to mash out of them and thought some enemies just had instakill moves lmao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

gisnep

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

if you don't reflexively button mash when being eaten alive, regardless of it being ineffective or not, then you deserve to Die

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Europe, Disney's Duck Tales is called Gisnep's loving's Tales.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Dizzys Egg Tales

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005
although Metroid appears to be a male, she is, in fact, a broad

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

another drk/OH thing: because it was never intended to run at 60 fps, in the ps3/HD version of metal gear solid 3 every automatic weapon fires twice as fast

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

A couple of weeks ago, while testing my USB SNES gamepad for damages after dropping it on the floor, I realized that you can replay destroyed keeps in SMW by pressing L and R simultaneously.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

THE BAR posted:

A couple of weeks ago, while testing my USB SNES gamepad for damages after dropping it on the floor, I realized that you can replay destroyed keeps in SMW by pressing L and R simultaneously.

what a weird "code"; I love poo poo like that

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I read a whole lot of this at one point when I was trying to figure out how the Veldt worked in FF6, to get all of the rages:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps/562865-final-fantasy-vi/faqs/35118

It was interesting to see how all the stuff I could never figure out worked.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

THE BAR posted:

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

what a weird "code"; I love poo poo like that

There's so many of these I knew and I'd really love to go back and see just how I found out about them. The answer to a lot of them I'm sure is Nintendo Power.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

boundary break is awesome so long as you watch it muted

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
How am I supposed to post a thing I don't know OP.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

That'd be cool if you could just press a button and cum anywhere any time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

in ocarina of time on the bongo bongo bossfight, you can freeze its hands with ice arrows, and it has a unique animation where it panics and starts trying to smash the ice off with the free hand. i just learned this watching a stream lol

• Locked thread