Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

it took like 10 years for my brother and i to realize that Secret of Mana has another whole set of weapon orbs as rare drops in the Mana Fortress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

[img - the different version of Chadarnook from Final Fantasy VI]

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Same but Siren esper

One day I hope to meet the ninendo of america graphic designer who was assigned to draw booty shorts on siren.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I still don't understand how any of the mechanics work for the aesthetic changes in Silent Hill: Shattered Memories and i probably never will.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

extremebuff posted:

after hundreds of hours and dozens of playthroughs of bloodborne I never knew certain enemy grabs could be escaped. it's never been a thing in any souls game so ive never tried, the other day i got grabbed by one of the brainsucker things and I started mashing everything and my dude actually shoved him away halfway through the attack, i was floored

this owns and i assume that everyone discovers it purely out of panic-y button mashing at some point.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

man nurse posted:

I beat every sidequest and hunt in Final Fantasy 15 on PS4 and nearly did the same thing on the PC version before I learned that chocobos could swim.

I got super close to doing this but couldn't bring myself to keep playing it after beating the game. like it was cool to get the flying car and crash it into mountains a few times, but something about the ending just sucked the fun out of the camping simulation.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Black August posted:

yet the reality of it is far more hosed up and wild - it turns out the playground rumors were in the right forest, they just kept climbing the wrong tree

https://lparchive.org/Breaking-Final-Fantasy-VI/Update%2013/

lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

The Christmas Carol FF6 romhack.

The ghost of Christmas past

present

and future

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I read a whole lot of this at one point when I was trying to figure out how the Veldt worked in FF6, to get all of the rages:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps/562865-final-fantasy-vi/faqs/35118

It was interesting to see how all the stuff I could never figure out worked.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

extremebuff posted:

in ocarina of time on the bongo bongo bossfight, you can freeze its hands with ice arrows, and it has a unique animation where it panics and starts trying to smash the ice off with the free hand. i just learned this watching a stream lol

This owns. I think you'd have to sequence break to do it, so it's weird they put it in

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

extremebuff posted:

you can do gerudo training before shadow temple without any tricks, it's just that it's unlikely you would since the story kind of tugs you into going to the shadow temple first

yeah, i guess it's not "sequence breaking" but still, the game pushes you a certain way, and it's kind of cool that they put an easter egg in for people who swim against the tide a little

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Fungah! posted:

it reflects his shots back at him. iirc a bottle does the same thing in ocarina with dorf

bottle works in tWW too, it's basically a running gag at this point.

i didn't think to try anything in breath of the wild, i probably should have checked.

• Locked thread