Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Greyarc posted:

Still referencing modern cluelessness, but focusing on other neon colors.

I like this one, maybe needs a pinch more Cyrillic for flavor

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Greyarc
Dec 29, 2016

SniperWoreConverse posted:

a pinch more Cyrillic for flavor

'stupid newbie' or, according to Google Translate, 'foolish newcomer'.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

I like this one, maybe needs a pinch more Cyrillic for flavor

yeah, casual xenophobia is the key to making the newbie avatar less problematic

other language bad, other alphabet worse

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
:rolleyes: Cyrillic is like the one thing you think of when you think of Russia, after vodka and possibly samovars or bears

There's tons of twitters that are like "America MOM #1 [American flag emoji] [string of backwards Rs upside down Ls and poo poo]

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

:rolleyes: Cyrillic is like the one thing you think of when you think of Russia, after vodka and possibly samovars or bears

There's tons of twitters that are like "America MOM #1 [American flag emoji] [string of backwards Rs upside down Ls and poo poo]

Of course the image of Russia as a land of perma drunk bear tamers is completely PC.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Yeah they got fancy rugs, several types of borscht, potato, dash cams, meteor, Putin, couple writers and composers, ballet, stark taigas, a polar bear, transiberian rail, nukes, pussy riot, sunflowers, dogs that can operate subway terminals, hilarious Olympics OoOo*, the world's deepest borehole, practically the only working way to get supplies to the space station, fatalistic youth, a mafia, several famous guns, beer in two liters, fermented tea. If anyone thinks any country is just the sum of some things in it they are an obvious retard.

Who cares it's a well known thing that Russian bots are real and having the stupid noob av reference that, is funny, to me

Greyarc
Dec 29, 2016

steinrokkan posted:

That's why I had it say something real, instead of just being gibberish. I was thinking of it as being an in-joke for people who can read the language.

The whole thing isn't really about poking fun at Russia as a whole, as I understand it -- it's about poking fun at the corruption in their government. A lot like how not every joke at the expense of Trump is targeting all Americans.

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.

If we can't have the we we currently have I want this one but the stupid newbie in Cyrillic.

steinrokkan posted:

I just think Cyrillic looks cool is all. I've got a few Magic the Gathering cards in it.

Tell me that doesn't look :krad:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Who cares it's a well known thing that Russian bots are real and having the stupid noob av reference that, is funny, to me

So the same as Trump? Why replace the newbie avatar if you are going for the same low hanging political fruit that is going to look terribly gauche rather than edgy a month from now?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Lol trump will be a hilarious joke for the next hundred years at least. Russian bots are not going away soon either. The tax man can change the av whenever he feels like so if it becomes embarrassing to the dignity of Something Awful he can just change it again.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The tax man is dead.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

steinrokkan posted:

So the same as Trump? Why replace the newbie avatar if you are going for the same low hanging political fruit that is going to look terribly gauche rather than edgy a month from now?

Slugnoid posted:

[removed]

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

SapientCorvid
Jun 16, 2008

reading The Internet

steinrokkan posted:

So what you’re saying is... toiletlord?

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

steinrokkan posted:

russian hacker acct spotted

SapientCorvid
Jun 16, 2008

reading The Internet
Semi LP/Games related option: Slowpoke with the stupid newbie frame

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

McStephenson posted:

!!

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

McStephenson posted:

I read that as "Slowbeef with the stupid newbie frame" at first.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Carbon dioxide posted:

I read that as "Slowbeef with the stupid newbie frame" at first.

Like this?

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

LesBeardly
Jul 4, 2010

BEST BALLS ON SA AWARD

:emptyquote:

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Don't worry guys, the forums will be gone soon anyway and then you won't have to look at the Trump avatar anymore. That's the worst one we've ever had and people still just whine about it rather than putting five entire dollars into the Save SA/buy Lowtax a new skeleton fund.

I like this, but if the animation is a problem than Russian bot or squished doll face. The latter is more in the spirit of being a stupid newbie, but the colors on the former will make people buy real avs faster.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Literally A Person posted:

Have Blue posted:

everything's going to poo poo, including your posts:

Also, why is this not the "stupid newbie" AV.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Is this thread now stuck in LP forever?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Carbon dioxide posted:

Is this thread now stuck in LP forever?

April Fool's!

checks calendar

oh wait, gently caress

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Blind Sally posted:

April Fool's!

checks calendar

oh wait, gently caress

Ackshually it's still April

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

Cutting edge PC graphics circa 1990:

(e: I bought it for some other people then someone bought it for me)

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
A picture of Donald 'J' Trump with words 'Trump lover'. Might be funny, imo.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

lol

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Also, why is this not the "stupid newbie" AV.
[/quote]

The XKCD Larper
Mar 1, 2009

by Lowtax

Only registered members can see post attachments!

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

David Dees... hello

Wobbly Python
Jan 2, 2014
I like the syringe. The stupid newbie status is generally just a warning that a poster is an unknown quantity, so maybe we could push the screening angle.

I whipped up a rough incorporating the horrible anime eyes kitty idea from earlier in the thread.

The baby is a time honored tradition though. It might be a shame to throw it out with the bathwater.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Goodbye little thread enjoy your new home.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

i started giving chudposters the trump lover av and they got super pissed "why can't you put the effort in and do something original" they'd ask

lmao i stopped giving a poo poo and putting effort into replying to them a long time ago, there's only so many times you can explain democratic workplaces before you get bored and start telling people to shut their goddamn idiot mouths

i vote keep trump lover

Metal Cat
Dec 25, 2017
Sir, I think you're on the wrong continent. This isn't the Georgia you want. Check your plane ticket.

E: On second thought, the yadon thread tag owns. Welcome to the Republic of Georgia.

Metal Cat has issued a correction as of 02:35 on Aug 11, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

how about this one

• Locked thread