Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

While I'm pretty sure I know what this is referencing, at the same time it's triggering some long dormant neurons in my brain and it looks totally like an old textbook or school poster I vaguely remember. Or maybe like the title screen to some long forgotten PBS show or Commodore 64 game or something, and it's driving me insane now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

alnilam posted:

Toilet lord was good, yeah

I do really like the STUPID NEWBIE frame because it makes it abundantly clear to what might be a sightly confused newcomer, that this is the default av, and you're gonna have to change it if you don't like it

That's a good point, but I do gotta vouch for the fun little process of discovery for the rest of us when we slowly begin to realize they changed the newbie avatar as you notice more and more BonziBuddies or GARBAGE DICKS popping up and generally making bad posts and then you realize you haven't seen the old newbie av in a while and 2 plus 2 is four and you get a little chuckle.

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Loss if it was heavily 90s "cool" typesetting

yeah that's what i figured but the i in stupid was an exacto knife i think, and the i in newbie was a ruler. it's almost beat for beat some forgotten piece of advertising my brain has retained and it's, like, trying to kick on the manchurian candidate/elder god summoning madness parts implanted in my brain every time i see it. i guess what i'm saying is that it's the one i'm voting for.

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

im changing my vote

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

I already posted my vote but I'm doin it again because I didn't justify it

i think this picture that Sulgnoid may or may not have photoshopped should be the stupid newbie picture because it implies, as is shown in the picture, that stupid newbies are:

1 Newbies (little kid = noob)
2 Stupid (mean signs = bad opinions)
3 maybe they'll grow up into good posters eventually (we hope)

In conclusion, Libya is a land of contrasts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I was wondering when someone else would notice that. Looks to me like some straight up naked people and one is pissing everywhere.

yo maybe take a minute away from the forums your head seems to be stuck in the gutter, mister.

• Locked thread