Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

quote:

Mars is famous for its large, planet-wide dust storms. Mars has an atmosphere which is much thinner than the atmosphere on Earth, but which still creates winds. When these winds pick up the fine, dry particles of dust on Mars, a dust storm can occur. Most dust storms cover an area for a few days and carry small particles of dust at speeds of 33 to 66 miles per hour. Sometimes, though rarely, dust storms on Mars can be fierce enough to cover the entire planet in a dusty haze for weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

the worst part is the iron-man suit puncture, which they decided would be really stupid to try in the book

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

there is wind tho, that was my only point. movie bad

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

numberoneposter posted:

i never said there wasnt any darn wind!!!!!

and now im thinking about this bad fuckin movie more than i want to and its putting me in a sour mood <:mad:>

i need a beer

u fukkin pants on fire

numberoneposter posted:

the fuckin worst part is that a wind storm knocks over the rocket

and like first off there isnt any fuckin wind on mars

dont tell me this post elaborates or anythign i donnawanna hear it

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

i thought the robot dog going crazy and hunting everyone down was p cool

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

imagine taking creative license to build up a dramatic scenario in your nasa autist stem book, just imagine it

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

hey mr mars expert mars can't have earthquakes you DUNCE, u fukkin RUBE

also it's p sure it's geologically dormant so no marsquakes either. martian sabotage woulda been dope tho

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

mcconaughey can bust a hole in my paper any day

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

i actually learned that you can't grow stuff in sterile dirt from the book which i found interesting. maybe i should have known that from like school or whatever but yeah, germs man. we owe em everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

Moon is an instant classic which will always be one of my top favs. Prometheus is very pretty poop from a butt.

• Locked thread