Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Kuato posted:

I kept waiting for aliens in it but they never appeared. :smith:

Yeah I’m waiting for a loving ALIEN to come out of your dumb poo poo stomach ! Fukin Matt Damon dumb forehead looking mother fucker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Rutibex posted:

I like this line. I feel like everyone here is just a bit to cynical these days. just sit back and enjoy a fun romp on mars!

The line was fine in the book, it was just one more throwaway “look at the things this nerd thinks” joke (including aqua man references), but it was really badly delivered in the movie, I agree with previous poster

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Kuato posted:

I didn’t know you learned to read. I thought you just liked looking at pictures in comic books. You’ve given me a lot to think about.

gently caress your rear end in a top hat clothes!

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

cowofwar posted:

If you were going to grow potatoes on Mars you’d do it in something shaped like a garbage can. Potatoes have deep root systems off which the new potatoes form. Lots of people have discovered that the most efficient way of going high yield potatoes with little investment and management is a garbage can full of dirt. Trying to grow potatoes in Martian soil is loving stupid. You can’t just modify the surface soil and expect the lower meter of dirt to be amenable to plant growth in terms of moisture, nutrients, and temperature.

He didn’t use Martian soil, he used Terran poop

• Locked thread