Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I read Artemis and it was just okay but mostly had embarrassingly bad dialog.

Well, both books were written by a man who never had a friend so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
Well, in the movie's defense, the book is somehow worse

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

WatermelonGun posted:

Have I killed myself yet?

Unfortunately, no

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Interstellar was pretentious garbage that almost put me to sleep. Everyone at work when it came out was praising it for its theoretical accuracy with the black/worm hole stuff but a lot of it is still super far-fetched, and scientific accuracy isn't relevant to me when I'm watching a movie. It was just a movie that was nice to look at but I don't even remember what the plot was beyond someone jumping into a black hole for questionable reasons.

I didn't like the Martian too much either for similar reasons, except it is more targeted to the "I loving love science" crowd where they use science as a verb and think stuff like "what the bleep do we know" is profound.

Look at me, I'm sciencing! - Some loving bitch nerd

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
I want all of you to know that "Legion: We Are Bob" is highly recommended on Audible, and is also complete and total dog poo poo science fiction with lame as gently caress pop culture references and over indulgent future science theorizing.

You know what I miss about science fiction? It used to be poo poo like this:

1. New thing is found/invented
2. Life is improved for some people
3. Holy poo poo, we didn't really think about the ethical implications of this thing
4. Oh god, everything is hosed now
5. Never mind, we fixed it (or did we?)

Now it's all a bunch of Electrical Engineering majors who regret not studying NASA style poo poo, but want to fly rockets in to their own assholes.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

FrankeeFrankFrank posted:

loathe?

that sounds like love

It's a thin line between love and hate

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
Jessica Chastain creeps me out man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
I read somewhere that she is an asexual weirdo, and I don't trust anyone who doesn't get horny

• Locked thread