Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Natural 20 posted:

I have, I'll comment in detail from home.

Mostly I'm feeling a lot better about you just because of this.

What do you think of AS as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tired Moritz posted:

I GOT REKTED BY MOD ERROR :(

yeah going off gaming-the-mod stuff is a bit dangerous in peragames

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

speaking of that, I did belatedly get the wincon on my sheet once my stuff from yesterday cleared out, y'all had me worried this was some Myst situation with people getting individual wincons and poo poo but it was just the most stock standard town win condition that you could presume all along anyway? What a letdown.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Token Female posted:

What do you think of AS as well?

I like the case.

But then I think TNL might have been owned by lurker rules so I feel like AS might get owned by lurker rules as well?

I'm not letting the lurking go, nor am I letting any of the other stuff you've mentioned go. But I don't think there's a sufficient amount of evidence above what I've already got on Tired if that makes sense?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Oh additionally getting in early on GHGD isn't something I credit too hard? I think his death to lurker freeshot was pretty inevitable.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Natural 20 posted:

I like the case.

But then I think TNL might have been owned by lurker rules so I feel like AS might get owned by lurker rules as well?

I'm not letting the lurking go, nor am I letting any of the other stuff you've mentioned go. But I don't think there's a sufficient amount of evidence above what I've already got on Tired if that makes sense?

AS has posted within the past 24 hours. TNL last posted in this game about a week ago.

Although, I imagine that your point is that you are more certain of TM than AS being scum.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Token Female posted:

AS has posted within the past 24 hours. TNL last posted in this game about a week ago.

Although, I imagine that your point is that you are more certain of TM than AS being scum.

Yes.

Tired above AS. Then I think there's a fairly large gap to NGO.

Everyone else I believe to be highly town.

I'm in work early tomorrow so I'm out of action here from now on. My vote remains unmoved, not for lack of good cases, but certainty on mine.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Natural 20 posted:

Yes.

Tired above AS. Then I think there's a fairly large gap to NGO.

Everyone else I believe to be highly town.

I'm in work early tomorrow so I'm out of action here from now on. My vote remains unmoved, not for lack of good cases, but certainty on mine.

Ok.

I don't really see us doing anything else today so I'll just hammer now.

##vote Tired Moritz

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Votecount for Day 1

Bifauxnen (1): NevergirlsOFFICIAL
NevergirlsOFFICIAL (0): Dead Cow, Dead Cow

Not Voting (5): Atomic Soda, Bifauxnen, Dead Cow, Natural 20, Token Female

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 08th, 2018 at 5 p.m. PST -- that's in about 1 day

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

wait it still says D1?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
what is going on. tm is dead with no flip?

am i getting set up for the next mislunch n20?

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Votecount for Day 1

Bifauxnen (1): NevergirlsOFFICIAL
NevergirlsOFFICIAL (0): Dead Cow, Dead Cow

Not Voting (4): Atomic Soda, Bifauxnen, Dead Cow, Natural 20

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 08th, 2018 at 5 p.m. PST -- that's in about 1 day.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Per player request, Tired Moritz, formerly "Izumi", Reality-aligned Vanilla Townie has been deleted!

And um, hmm. Looking at this, it looks like you've allowed Token Female, formerly "Student Council President Sakomoto", Reality-aligned Vanilla Townie to get deleted, too.

Guys!! Σ( ̄ロ ̄lll) That's not how you're supposed to do this at all!! You had such a good first effort and now... well, hopefully you'll do better now.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

uhhhh

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

looks like the game got "reset" given my vote on you that's now showing up as current

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
ummm

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
#vote n20

i'm going to be very upset if it turns out to be dead cows.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.
I goddamn knew it wasn't TM and you wouldn't listen to me.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

##vote bif

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
why do you think it is bif now?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
its dead cows or n20 with an outside chance of ngo, that is our forecast for today.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Dead Cow posted:

I goddamn knew it wasn't TM and you wouldn't listen to me.

why should I have had any reason to ignore all the things I pointed out about Tired? And yeah, why's it suddenly me now and not NGO, guess you're gonna listen to me about that?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
please explain your feelings about bif now dead cows.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

uhh DC putting a vote on me to make it -1 while NGO still has some old one parked on me makes me just slightly concerned

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Bifauxnen posted:

uhh DC putting a vote on me to make it -1 while NGO still has some old one parked on me makes me just slightly concerned

like ok if you think we gotta call it in on the Nat situation at this point fair enough, but why're you voting me instead? Trying to rush it before NGO shows up to unvote or what

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

actually why did NGO bother to comment on that but not unvote, come to think of it

loving hell

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
:/

i won't vote you bif...

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Atomic Soda posted:

:/

i won't vote you bif...

if Nat showed up to hammer instead at this point after everything, that'd be the funniest loving thing

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Bifauxnen posted:

if Nat showed up to hammer instead at this point after everything, that'd be the funniest loving thing

haha, ha....

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

ok, I'm gonna take a deep breath and get working on an effortpost

since you haven't hammered I guess it can't be you after all, so this seems like a short-sighted move - I thought it might have to be you next if it wasn't Tired, cause Dead Cows didn't seem to have many allies when I was pushing them... but not unvoting does seem real dodgy from NGO too gently caress

I really don't think it's Nat after all though, which will be in my effortpost

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

omg wait that's it, that's why the short sighted move, they think Nat's gonna finally Jafar me after all and reveal his true nature but GUESS WHAT YOU GUESSED WRONG, YOU CAN'T STOP TRUE SEMPAI LOVE bahahahaha

ok give me a minute here

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

or wait that still wouldn't make sense for Nat to vote me now though

ugh I don't know but anyway, long story short, I believe Nat's kouhai role is real and the only protective role we've ever had in this game.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Bifauxnen posted:

or wait that still wouldn't make sense for Nat to vote me now though

ugh I don't know but anyway, long story short, I believe Nat's kouhai role is real and the only protective role we've ever had in this game.

my biggest problem is it seems super overpowered, i mean it w/o a lunch you both end up at endgame. this seems super unfair to scum. that said you are right i can't remember another protective role.

also i reckon everyone should claim. no surprises i'm vt.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Ok, so as I was saying: I believe Nat's role as kouhai is genuine, and has been the only protective role in this whole game. flerp flipped town so we know he was telling the truth about trying to vig me way back when, so it's not just a matter of withholding kills on me to fake it up. Nat has in fact successfully blocked things. AA in particular was trying to get me lunched too, and must have been frustrated at that being the only possible way to kill me. Looking back at the previous day where we had TNL die as scum (presumably for disappearing off the face of the earth?), but no other death unlike today, I don't know if they were trying to have another go at me in the new thread or what.

On top of that, Nat knows full well that I love to analyse the gently caress out of everything in Mafia, and that I only get more and more dangerous to scum the closer I get to endgame when the possibilities finally start to narrow down. Hell, in Shine V he got to see me catch some of his scumbros out even while he was leaking all my plans to them! (Atomic in particular was one of them, and can vouch for this) If Nat was scum, I don't think keeping me alive all this time could possibly look like a profitable tradeoff just to save his skin, compared to the alternative of just taking his lumps and letting his scumbros bus him on the way out. He certainly couldn't have wanted to do it for the sake of preserving any power role he had, since he has been successfully walking home with me each night in the last thread.

But of course, he doesn't necessarily have to be scum for people to be concerned, he could be some evil 3P. But we already had jon joe in that kind of role as a yandere. I may not know the full truth about how exactly Nat's role works... but I do know it is a "kouhai", because I am now officially called a sempai. I was waiting to reveal this if Nat got up on the chopping block, and then surprise the scumbos desperately trying to get him out. Just didn't expect it to be me instead.

Shortly after the new thread first opened, my new sheet had my night results removed, (flowery paragraphs and all) replaced by a note that someone was waiting to say something to me, and a discord link. It took me to a room called "cherry blossoms", which I figured had to have something to do with Nat but he hadn't showed up yet. So I was trying to nag and hint at him in thread to check his drat character sheet already so I could find out what it was.

When Nat finally got added to the server, I thought we got to be masons now but pera announced I was actually forbidden from discussing the rest of the game, because it was very rude to change topics while someone is trying to confess to you. :v: I was supposed to just listen to Nat explaining himself to make his "confession", and making his final case for whether I should ##accept or ##reject him.

Nat claimed that he was actually still a 3P, kind of like a survivor except he loses if I die, instead of if he dies. And that he'd stretched the truth about already becoming town the minute he chose me. He said he didn't really know my alignment either. He just guessed that I was probably town, and if I was scum I'd obviously not call him out on being wrong! He couldn't or wouldn't say what the results were for each choice... he claimed he didn't actually know what the results were.

...but I went for it and chose ##accept, obviously. :3:

The channel was closed shortly after I made the official decision. Yesterday the discord link was deleted and I finally got a straightforward win condition about all the threats being gone, and I'm called a Reality-aligned Senpai now, so that combined with the special event's mere existence definitely confirms for me that his kouhai role exists and did something special. I still look like same old basic VT otherwise though.

For full disclosure, I don't truly know how much of anything Nat said is right, and nothing about his role is officially confirmed to me beyond what I've seen play out from my point of view. I can't confirm if anything new happened to Nat, or if he's actually become a Reality-Aligned Kouhai to match me or not. But that's what seems to make the most sense. I think that his kouhai role did exist as this weirdass survivor variant serving as a protective role, and it was supposed to have the downsides of people being real suspicious of it cause he couldn't change it or use it freely like a normal doctor. But Nat chose well. :3:

And I think there must still be a scum left between those two votes on me, cause this is some bullshit.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

##unvote

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

I'm mad at you bif because you obviously ignored a genuine bit of information that TM provided that only a town could have provided. We haven't had wincons until now.

You are claiming you have had a wincon before now, which doesn't match TM or myself.
I can't trust that NGO is telling the truth as he wasn't the first person to mention just getting one, TM has that.

Therefore when I said yesterday that it's not TM, it's NGO, you insisted that it must be TM and my information must be wrong. You wouldn't even entertain the thought.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Dead Cow posted:

I'm mad at you bif because you obviously ignored a genuine bit of information that TM provided that only a town could have provided. We haven't had wincons until now.

You are claiming you have had a wincon before now, which doesn't match TM or myself.
I can't trust that NGO is telling the truth as he wasn't the first person to mention just getting one, TM has that.

Therefore when I said yesterday that it's not TM, it's NGO, you insisted that it must be TM and my information must be wrong. You wouldn't even entertain the thought.

huh? No I am not claiming this. I have not had any wincon explicitly spelled out in my sheet till now, in fact when people were asking about it before I said I still didn't see one. I did have that discord link in my sheet instead, though.

Also how could only a townie say that? people have been talking all along about how they don't see any particular wincon in their sheet, and I remember mocking it at the time cause its still labeled a mafia game so just hunt scum. gonna make me go look this up now.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Welly well well, it's better than I remembered. I didn't just mock it, I actually mentioned my own lack of wincon quite early on, haha

Here's links back to the discussion I remember, near the end of the first thread people were openly talking about not having any listed wincon. Interestingly, Nat was one of the first ones to mention having no explicit wincon! Only a losecon! And I claimed my own lack of explicit wincon too, ages ago, when I was first questioning Nat. Even more interestingly, flipped scum Cat joined in the discussion to talk about "what's our wincon??" So.... yeah, only townies being able to possibly say this poo poo is just naive.

Natural 20 posted:

I don't have an explicit win condition. But I can definitely lose the game.

Bifauxnen posted:

huh, I wonder what makes you say that? I don't have anything one way or the other.

If I had to guess what my wincon is, it might involve meeting some cute boysgirls

curiousCat posted:

If there's no scumteam, then what's our wincon really?

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

curiousCat posted:

If there's no scumteam, then what's our wincon really?

Now that you mention it there's no explicit wincon in my character sheet other than I need to contact aliens somehow.

Atomic Soda posted:

yeah i would be surprised. i'm interested that some of us have indicated lose cons while others don't.

Atomic Soda posted:

no tho i have clear interests. its frustrating that this could absolutely be helpful to winning the game or be a complete distraction. ngo a good vote on the basis of posting and since they claimed an alt wincon (aliens)

GeneX posted:

I have no particular special wincondition and my character was surprised she got into tokyo u in the first place.

Not sure what the heck is going on but I vaguely suspect that you're all 3p variants

Atomic Soda posted:

Now that you mention it there's no explicit wincon in my character sheet other than I need to contact aliens somehow.

it's not an alt wincon it just says humanity's future depends on our relationship with aliens.

bc you're anti alien

so you saying its an additional wincon?

Sorry I misspoke earlier when I said “other than”. My bio says i am interested in aliens and humanity must contact them. It doesn’t say I win the game whether we do or not.

Natural 20 posted:

game's been white noise until D3 because of the shitshow that has been presidential voting and peragame problems (no wincons, unclear alignments and flips). I only got actively pinged by the votecount stuff.

Bifauxnen posted:

Cause people just don't get the idea of having fun flavor times but ALSO playing Mafia. "oh no it doesn't say a wincon??" it's still called a Mafia(-like?) game, so if you're not in a scumdoc just assume you're town, come on, jeez

interestingly, even Nat20 was talking about how there's no wincons so he must have been town all along to be able to say that right :v:

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Bifauxnen posted:

but I don't even care about my outlast anymore I didn't get any new explicit wincon? But I did get something interesting, which helps me believe Nat is town after all.

This is where you said you didn’t get one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

In this thread, when everyone else was saying they did

• Locked thread