Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Are both the time change and fastlane this weekend? Am I really going to lose 5 hours of my weekend for nothing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

This is really, really good.

---

Awful/toxic friend Alexa is brutal, but well done. I actually care about a Nia Jax angle for the first time, and right after just being fairly annoyed about how awful she was in the Asuka match, too.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Saint Freak posted:

Are both the time change and fastlane this weekend? Am I really going to lose 5 hours of my weekend for nothing?

Oh god... thanks for that reminder

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Brock, Paul, and Roman are all awful at this point.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Brock, Paul, and Roman are all awful at this point.
At the very least I will be looking forward to the match to see if Brock either A) no-shows or B) shoots on Roman

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

piss tape israel posted:

At the very least I will be looking forward to the match to see if Brock either A) no-shows or B) shoots on Roman

How loving stupid are people that they think there is literally any chance of either of these things happening?

Also did Brock actually have a family emergency? I haven't been keeping up with the news.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
So the rumor is the cruiserweights get a tag belt now. Funny that the cruiserweights and women divisions are 90% tag matches with no tag belts. Least we finally get to see some gold around the waist of all those 205 guys who couldnt get on neville's level. I hope it goes to Gallagher and Gulak instead of Kalisto & Friends.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

SamuraiFoochs posted:

How loving stupid are people that they think there is literally any chance of either of these things happening?
...calm the gently caress down?

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Also did Brock actually have a family emergency? I haven't been keeping up with the news.

*whispers* no one actually thinks this is going to happen

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
nice meltdown

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Professor Funk posted:

There are people who think Asuka legitimately doesn't understand English and thinks all wrestling is a shoot.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Professor Funk posted:

Well they've thought similar things before including that Brock was shooting on Roman at Mania 31 and still arguing like months after, so....

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Aphrodite posted:

There are people who think Asuka legitimately doesn't understand English and thinks all wrestling is a shoot.

where did you find my fan fictions

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Brock should shoot on Roman.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

a new study bible! posted:

Brock should shoot on Roman.

WWE is PG.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
and people say reality-based booking doesn't work

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Brock legit punching Roman was the best part of their match imo.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.

rare Magic card l00k posted:

This might be a hot take, but a wrestling company can have multiple Mexican people on the roster at the same time.

They can, and already do! But I'm more talking from a perspective that WWE will only push one as the "Latin star" and the other will flounder on the midcard if they even can get on TV.

In that context, Del Rio is terrible and unreliable and insane. But then again, maybe they'll hire him and just use him sparingly or give him the Sin Cara treatment. Whatever

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
The undertaker is bad

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

DoctorGonzo posted:

i dont give a gently caress about ronda rousey if joanna champion or cyborg arent involved
For the WM match, replace Stephanie with Holly Holm.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

frankenfreak posted:

For the WM match, replace Stephanie with Holly Holm.

Amanda would also be nice.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

rare Magic card l00k posted:

This might be a hot take, but a wrestling company can have multiple Mexican people on the roster at the same time.

This is the company that passed on Ricochet a few years ago because they already had a flippy guy, Evan Bourne, and they didn’t need another.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Nia is not a very good wrestler, I guess that's all i really have to say about that subject

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm really glad that the audience seems to aggressively not give a poo poo about John Cena or Roman Reigns or Paul Heyman or Brock Lesnar right now because I sure don't.

They're really gonna have Roman call someone a bitch every single week from now to Mania, aren't they.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

achillesforever6 posted:

Ugh Maoism, why would you want to be forced to be a farmer comrade? Eh could be worse, could be trying to make me read their zines like the Trots.

sike that's what I actually am

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

DLC Inc posted:

why does everyone praise Nash for being a loving grifter. like yeah great good for you, making a product worse by exploiting the business, but that doesn't make it more fun to watch for me.

because wrestling in general is a grift run by terrible people, and wwe is run by someone who has done countless awful things for workers

Nash rules because he sees through the system and doesn't take poo poo, while both being good to his fans and doing things like giving the Bucks advice

Big Coffin Hunter fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Mar 6, 2018

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

nash is big, daddy, cool, and sexy

what's not to like?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

also yeah nash had his photo taken with a bunch of older lady fans and got really mad that people made fun of the picture because he's awesome

plus his long-time loyalty and concern for hall over the years (i recall him saying initially he was really worried that ddp was trying to scam hall, and is now thankful for what ddp did)

basically nash is the guy who if you're his friend he's the best friend ever

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
Dear wwe: an email featuring dolph is not going to get me or anyone else to resub to the network

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/IAmJericho/status/971092370983878664

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

achillesforever6 posted:

Ugh Maoism, why would you want to be forced to be a farmer comrade? Eh could be worse, could be trying to make me read their zines like the Trots.

But anyway I think Nia would play a better face than heel because I think she's just too nice to pull off the monster heel gimmick, despite the rumors that she has a huge ego and is refusing to improve and running to the Rock for protection. Would it have been better if she spent a year or two in NXT? Sure, but she is also pretty old.

https://gfycat.com/SlipperyBoldHeifer

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Well they've thought similar things before including that Brock was shooting on Roman at Mania 31 and still arguing like months after, so....

I have an exclusive scoop that Brock Lesnar was heard during negotiations saying, and I quote “I’m going to shoot on that bitch just like I did at Wrestlemania 31, but this time I won’t stop with the F5s until he’s dead”.

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Mar 6, 2018

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah that's bullshit. At least hit him with a cymbal, come on.

Or hit the cymbal with him!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Anybody else feeling Sheamus vs. Cesaro for Mania?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They just posted an open challenge on Twitter for the titles.

Rumor is it's going to be 2 singles guys teaming up and not a tag team.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

VJeff posted:

Anybody else feeling Sheamus vs. Cesaro for Mania?

I can't shake the idea of Hardy/Wyatt.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Aphrodite posted:

They just posted an open challenge on Twitter for the titles.

Rumor is it's going to be 2 singles guys teaming up and not a tag team.

A challenge for Mania or just a weekly thing like the US Open Challenge?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Phenix Rising posted:

A challenge for Mania or just a weekly thing like the US Open Challenge?

For Wrestlemania.

https://twitter.com/WWESheamus/status/971091369904177153

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Both tag divisions are somehow stale as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

a new study bible! posted:

Both tag divisions are somehow stale as hell.

i dunno, the uso's are cutting a lot of good promos lately

• Locked thread