Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Ronda sounds so quiet when she talks. She needs Heyman, bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Does the way they announced Ronda/Angle vs The Authority come off any less rushed on the actual show?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

achillesforever6 posted:

I feel what is killing my interest in WWE is not the shows themselves, but the threads and online reactions themselves, I never want to watch Raw and or Smackdown when I can just go to the gym. Though I do find the vitriol against Roman and Nia a bit troubling.

I don't have many problems with Roman. It's Nia that I have issues with. She's not a good worker in any shape or form and has no business being in the ring. One day she's going to seriously hurt someone if she doesn't actually start putting forth the effort to improve. Combine that with her apparent ego problem backstage and its a recipe for disaster.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
I really hope it doesn’t play out how Cena said but you know it will, too bad was looking forward to an actual cool match at mania ~~~~faart~~~~

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

achillesforever6 posted:

Though I do find the vitriol against Roman and Nia a bit troubling.

I prefer to think the vitriol is against Roman and Nia’s booking moreso than them. I know that’s the case with me.

Roman and Nia are never gonna be this generation’s Rock and Dump Matsumoto, but their booking is hindering their ability to get better.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Wait I thought Cena was fighting Taker.

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.

Forceholy posted:

Ronda sounds so quiet when she talks. She needs Heyman, bad.
gently caress THAT. I've hated Heyman so much for the last several years, his lovely promos are never ending hyperbole.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

fart blood posted:

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

achillesforever6 posted:

I feel what is killing my interest in WWE is not the shows themselves, but the threads and online reactions themselves, I never want to watch Raw and or Smackdown when I can just go to the gym. Though I do find the vitriol against Roman and Nia a bit troubling.

Whoa I didn't realize anyone was hating on Nia. She's drat pretty but being pushed as a monster and she's not quite ready for that level. But she's not awful.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

It has to be Cena/Taker. It’s the only Cena matchup that makes any sense this year.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

fart blood posted:

And I thought it was going to be Asuka/Alexa

Seems they're doing their best to swerve or keep people guessing on what the actual plan for Mania is for a lot of people until there's like 3 weeks left, which makes it even more baffling they stuck with the one match everyone had an issue with (Reigns/Brock) for a full calendar year. When last Mania ended, everyone knew it was going to be Reigns/Brock the next Mania

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

3 weeks left to make sure the rest of the card is bad enough that they'll cheer Roman aka the mania 32 plan

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

fart blood posted:

Why do you want to see an old man get murdered on national television.

TheKingslayer posted:

Whoa I didn't realize anyone was hating on Nia. She's drat pretty but being pushed as a monster and she's not quite ready for that level. But she's not awful.

They called her up too soon. She should have stayed an extra year or two in NXT.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Forceholy posted:

Why do you want to see an old man get murdered on national television.

Now now I know Cena is in his forties but I’d hardly say he’s old.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

fart blood posted:

It has to be Cena/Taker. It’s the only Cena matchup that makes any sense this year.

Very highly rumored to be Rey Misterio.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Molestationary Store posted:

Didn't Rey just tear his bicep or something

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Nia crying after a loss like a bitch. Send her to the junk bin like Kharma, the loser bitch. Where she can stand next to Finn and Seth, the impotent non-over bitches who will lose to The Miz in a bitchin match. At least it will be better than The Big Bitch Roman Reigns still getting booed for his big bitch tits he has under his vest while doing everything they can to make dumb bitches boo Brock for owning. What a bitch. Bitch.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Molestationary Store posted:

By someone who knows literally nothing. Rey isn't signed yet, may be seriously injured and why in the hell would WWE not bother to have Cena's opponent not signed to a contract a month before WM?

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Fucks sake leave it to WWE to have a six star match on a silver platter for mania and gently caress it up by shoehorning Cena in it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Alexa and Nia's segment was....really, really good? WWE is usually so fake and that was such an uncomfortably real depiction of what emotional abuse and toxic relationships can be like. Alexa delivered it really well and Nia sold it absolutely perfectly. I think "big strong monster turns face, immediately starts crying" is really bad on principle, but I actually bought that there was a reason and this is a good "lowest point" for Nia.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

lol a wwe's big ppv mainevent being a wcw 2000 lite worked shoot angle about guys not being professional and possibly shooting on each other.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
i enjoyed this article

https://www.theringer.com/2018/3/6/17072332/cody-rhodes-dusty-rhodes-all-in

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Fucks sake leave it to WWE to have a six star match on a silver platter for mania and gently caress it up by shoehorning Cena in it.

He’s not going to be shoehorned into it. He’s fighting Taker despite how old he is, and Nakamura is getting Styles.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

fart blood posted:

Taker doing anything in-ring ever again shouldn't make any sense considering how he left after losing to Roman + his incoherent promo at RAW 25 but I hate that I should probably agree with you

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

CubsWoo posted:

Taker doing anything in-ring ever again shouldn't make any sense considering how he left after losing to Roman + his incoherent promo at RAW 25 but I hate that I should probably agree with you

Yeah I think WWE is trying to pretend that exit didn’t happen.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
takers going to die on the job because of loyalty to an insane old billionaire. forget dusty, the phenom is the american dream.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
did heyman mention anything about taker retiring tonight or was that roman and brock are the only two to beat him at mania all there was

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Cena seemed shocking "just a guy" tonight. The constant losing and pleading/whining is taking some luster off his star power, plus his in-ring work is rusty and lovely. Just another step in the master plan to get Reigns over by tearing down literally every other wrestler on the roster I guess.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Keep Cena a loser and shove him in the ARMBAR and have him get thrown over the top by...

Let's say Jinder.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Tato posted:

Cena seemed shocking "just a guy" tonight. The constant losing and pleading/whining is taking some luster off his star power, plus his in-ring work is rusty and lovely. Just another step in the master plan to get Reigns over by tearing down literally every other wrestler on the roster I guess.

I only watched on Youtube but boy oh boy the crowd seemed to not give a poo poo. I get the feeling they wanted a big pop for that triple threat mention, but nobody wants him within fifty miles of AJ vs. Nakamura.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Tato posted:

imagine if this is his heel turn like bret hart's post WM 12 run

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Battlefield Massacre Preparation Protocol: ACTIVATED

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

How is Cody not fat?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

achillesforever6 posted:

their booking sucks and make them unlikable, come at me with that poo poo when samoa joe, the new day, sasha banks and the like aren't over

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I highly doubt that Cena will be in the WWE Championship match, if only because I have latched on to the idea that I am getting Shinsuke vs AJ at Wrestlemania and I'm clinging desperately to that idea.

That said, I am now pretty loving excited for Hardy/Bray..... AT THE HARDY COMPOUND! :hellyeah:

VJeff posted:

Alexa and Nia's segment was....really, really good? WWE is usually so fake and that was such an uncomfortably real depiction of what emotional abuse and toxic relationships can be like. Alexa delivered it really well and Nia sold it absolutely perfectly. I think "big strong monster turns face, immediately starts crying" is really bad on principle, but I actually bought that there was a reason and this is a good "lowest point" for Nia.

I really dug it too, I thought both involved did a pretty good job.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Roman Reigns, good in the ring, is in a dumb worked shoot storyline where we're supposed to like the pro-corporate guy instead of the one just trying to get money easy. Hell, I don't like watching Kevin Nash in the ring but I loving love the dude for just trying to make the most money with the least work possible.

I missed the Nia segment after the match and still need to watch it

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

50 man Royal Rumble? That sounds like a clusterfuck in the making.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I am super excited to enjoy but ultimately feel let down by the Ultimate Deletion.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

she started crying like big show lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Roman Reigns, good in the ring, is in a dumb worked shoot storyline where we're supposed to like the pro-corporate guy instead of the one just trying to get money easy. Hell, I don't like watching Kevin Nash in the ring but I loving love the dude for just trying to make the most money with the least work possible.

I think the story they’re trying to tell is that Roman busts his rear end for the fans weekly while Brock doesn’t give a poo poo about them

IMO if there was one single competent writer at wwe i think it’d be interesting if they played up Roman as 'he's out here doing shows every day even though the crowd boos him nonstop'. however no one at wwe could pull that off without it backfiring hilariously

• Locked thread