Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

IcePhoenix posted:

This reads like it's a worked injury and I'm going to operate under that assumption until given reason not to because I don't want the alternative to be true.

It reads like a work, but WWE should still fire Rowan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

a new study bible! posted:

You guys are dumb as hell. Carmella is just going to cash in on Alexa and join Raw after mania.

It's only for Smackdown. They would never alter official rules like that.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

rare Magic card l00k posted:

a contusion is a bruise, guys

There is the possibility of ruptured discs and more which is pretty drat bad. Unless it's way worse, I doubt it's career ending but that's a life long\life changing issue depending on how severe the ruptured discs are.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

They announced that injury during the show, marks

"Contusion" is like their go-to worked injury term

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Is this like Bobby Fish's injury where he died

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Only marks think its bad when the vintner snaps a mans spine.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

This is like Kane's injury where he just wanted to win an election

Only Xavier's not running for office, he's just running away from the Cowardly Booking of Road Dogg

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

This reads like it's a worked injury and I'm going to operate under that assumption until given reason not to because I don't want the alternative to be true.

Agreed. And through the Power of Positivity, I look forward to seeing what spots Kofi can come up with involving a dude in a wheelchair.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Midnightghoul posted:

Is this like Bobby Fish's injury where he died

no this is like when jerry lawler suffered i think a ruptured anus

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

lmao at believing what you read on wwe.com

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Actually thinking about it more, did they even stabilize Xavier's neck when they took him away? I'm pretty sure they didn't which is basically the #1 sign that he's fine.

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
he should take on a professor x angle and come out in the car wheelchair thing and do mind control spots in matches

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Remember when New Day were in their record-setting tag team title reign and their role at WrestleMania was to just lose to League Of Nations in a match with no heat, stakes or repercussions?

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
*Raven voice* "What a mark"

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
this just in, nearly entire thread simultaneously suffers brain contusions

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Erebus posted:

They announced that injury during the show, marks

"Contusion" is like their go-to worked injury term

Not always...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6huPuoIZQtw

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Irritated Goat posted:

Thanks Harper and Rowan :(

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwefastlane/2018/article/xavier-woods-injury-bludgeon-brothers

It was kinda creepy watching him stare glassy eyed and shake on camera in retrospect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFQkPBYlP_8

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
You think we'll ever reach a time when a female star could reach the main title, not the women's title? I know Chyna held the IC belt for a while, but maybe in like 20 years one of Trip's daughters becomes a top heel and gets the belt at Mania 55.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I miss the League of Nations.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I miss the League of Nations.

let's not say things we can't take back

Klauser
Feb 24, 2006
You got a dick with that problem!?!
The one good thing I remember about LoN was they were cutting a backstage promo and Rusev said perro and I lost my poo poo

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

iirc that was also the time of TV CHAMPION RUSEV

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Artelier posted:

iirc that was also the time of TV CHAMPION RUSEV

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

OldTennisCourt posted:

You think we'll ever reach a time when a female star could reach the main title, not the women's title? I know Chyna held the IC belt for a while, but maybe in like 20 years one of Trip's daughters becomes a top heel and gets the belt at Mania 55.
I don't think they'll be having intergender matches anytime soon

FUCKFACE MORON fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Mar 12, 2018

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

i remember being real excited when this happened because i thought Rusev would actually go with it, and then nothing ever happened

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The spinal injury is definitely a work but Xavier had a pretty worrying headsnap when he was power bombed on the steps.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

I forgot all about this tweet. Is Rusev still the TV champion? I don't remember. Either way, he's a national treasure and I'm mad he isn't pushed more. I hope if he does get pushed eventually though, we get the return of Putintron.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DwmrEQAsT4

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

DarkstarIV posted:

I forgot all about this tweet. Is Rusev still the TV champion? I don't remember. Either way, he's a national treasure and I'm mad he isn't pushed more. I hope if he does get pushed eventually though, we get the return of Putintron.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DwmrEQAsT4

Well, to be the man, you gotta beat the man, and Rusev has been beaten many times over since then.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hahahaha this is amazing

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
wouldnt they use his shoot name if it was a real deadly injury?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Golashes posted:

he should take on a professor x angle and come out in the car wheelchair thing and do mind control spots in matches

This would be awesome.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Braun really needs to endorse delis so he can tell people to get these hams.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Honestly, I really wish WWE didn't do worked injury angles

The more we are aware of the toll and dangers of the profession, the less an injury angle seems like a way to build a story than it is a tone deaf attempt to build drama off the sometimes literal corpses of the business.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

That Paul heyman promo makes me really want to gently caress that title

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Mania 2017 - Whose yard is it?
Mania 2018 - Whose bitch is it?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Waffleopolis posted:

Braun really needs to endorse delis so he can tell people to get these hams.

Oh, no, I said steamed hands! That's what I call a post match beat down.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Jeff should lean in to this gimmick and start getting beers tossed to him in the ring Austin style.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

When’s the last time Jeff has been in trouble for drugs or alcohol? Either an arrest or a suspension or whatever?

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Push El Burrito posted:

Jeff should lean in to this gimmick and start getting beers tossed to him in the ring Austin style.

Austin drove a truck to the ring and then drank beer.

Jeff will drink the beer and then drive the truck. Through the barricade and over several Make a Wish kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Dexie posted:

When’s the last time Jeff has been in trouble for drugs or alcohol? Either an arrest or a suspension or whatever?

Wasn't it like a year or two ago?

• Locked thread