Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Incessant Excess posted:

Why did Heyman lecture Roman on how tough being a champion is when the guy already has a couple title reigns?

Because if you look at his actual reigns, Roman's a pretty lovely champion, especially with the top title.

- Took his eye off the ball and got clonked by Sheamus.
- Spent most of a Royal Rumble taking a nap.
- Lost to Rollins because he bumped the ref and then ran into a Pedigree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Tonight ROH funnyman El Generico stood tall and beat the other dudes! This was unexpected, though not necessarily meaningful, but I enjoy this sort of unexpected thing, so that's something. And Owens did not have enough beard, needs more beard to be champ again.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Abroham Lincoln posted:

behold, leaked footage of the new wrestlemania ramp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08lWlzqV8NY

The ultimate thrill ride! :v:

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

fart blood posted:

Yeah I think WWE is trying to pretend that exit didn’t happen.

that main event and end of a wrestlemania that received wide press coverage? oh yeah, nobody will remember that poo poo.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I think the story they’re trying to tell is that Roman busts his rear end for the fans weekly while Brock doesn’t give a poo poo about them

IMO if there was one single competent writer at wwe i think it’d be interesting if they played up Roman as 'he's out here doing shows every day even though the crowd boos him nonstop'. however no one at wwe could pull that off without it backfiring hilariously

Do they seriously not realise Roman has many positive qualities, but his biggest problem is not projecting empathy/sympathy? Like he's good and I enjoy watching him, but I don't like Roman. Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, AJ Styles to a lesser extent, the fans actually like them and want them to succeed. If we already liked him, this plotline would probably work great, but we don't.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

21 Hoot Salute posted:

Check out 35:36 on tonight's 205 Live to see WWE accidentally leave in a Drake Maverick backstage flub, followed by him counting down 3,2,1, and then starting over again. :allears:

I wouldn't be surprised if Dunn did this to try and undermine the product now that Triple H has got the 205 book.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Wazzu posted:

Do they seriously not realise Roman has many positive qualities, but his biggest problem is not projecting empathy/sympathy? Like he's good and I enjoy watching him, but I don't like Roman. Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, AJ Styles to a lesser extent, the fans actually like them and want them to succeed. If we already liked him, this plotline would probably work great, but we don't.

Honestly, I think it might be a problem that extends beyond the poo poo writing into the person. There's those videos/pictures/personal accounts of Roman flipping out and angrily yelling and swearing at crowds post show when the cameras are off after his initial big face push a few years ago for booing him when he's supposed to be a good guy. The interviews he's done where he's basically said :dealwithit: when asked questions about the crowd's reaction to his mega face push. The tweets where he rips videos of fans being interviewed saying they don't like him essentially calling them losers. Joe Anoa'i the guy seems like he has more than a bit of 'entitled prick' to his personality, and if that's your actual personality sometimes the acting that comes with projecting empathy/sympathy doesn't come easy if you're not a decent thespian.

Conversely Cena's been booed and ripped for years and has always taken it in stride. I don't recall any instances of him ever just outright losing his temper with the crowd and verbally berating them for this. He's always generally been pretty happy-go-lucky with it, rolling with the punches and sometimes ad-libbing the response he knows he's going to get and making something amusing out of it.

Him actually being a good dude in real life fully committed to Make A Wish to an above-and-beyond degree goes a long way too.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Wazzu posted:

This is part of the problem. Vince isn't angry that people are booing. Boo all you like, you still paid for a ticket and gave him money. Vince is angry that people don't like the thing he likes. So he is trying to MAKE people like him. But because he is an insane myopic old man, he is doing the things that make him like Roman. "I am tough, I work lots for the company, I am tall, I beat up people smaller than me etc.", and it isn't working because all of it is working against what bits of natural charisma and positives as a performer Roman ever had.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

205 Live is looking real good

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Abroham Lincoln posted:

205 Live is looking real good

The Powerpoint presentations have become self-aware and taken over! :aaa:

DrKrankenwagen
Mar 21, 2005

Are there any really good Hurricane matches that I should watch? I checked out of wrestling before he got big in WWE but I'm finding him really entertaining. I just don't know anything about him. I've watched these and found them to be fun matches:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfAXFGP8H7o (Kane vs. The Hurricane)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jO7q1HxqFxM (Kane and The Hurricane vs Lance Storm and Christian) Kane's music was so bad with the singing.

Edit: Wrong thread drat it.

DrKrankenwagen fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Mar 7, 2018

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

DrKrankenwagen posted:

Kane's music was so bad with the singing.

gently caress YOU

DrKrankenwagen
Mar 21, 2005

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

gently caress YOU
Wrong thread god drat it. Forgive me friend. Also that Kane intro music sucks.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

slow chemical rules

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

if the story of raw these past 2 weeks was that roman busts his rear end while brock doesnt, maybe roman should have done more than just cut a weak promo and leave

brock just recently defeated legendary former champion KANE at a house show btw but roman doesnt want u to know that, smh

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

DrKrankenwagen posted:

Wrong thread god drat it. Forgive me friend. Also that Kane intro music sucks.

I’m gonna beat you up

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
So Dolph Ziggler's promo on Smackdown was setting up Cena/Ziggler at Mania, right? :neckbeard:

DrKrankenwagen
Mar 21, 2005

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I’m gonna beat you up

I just see Kane as this silent forboding guy and when his intro is emo is just kind of ruins him.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Bring Back Slow Chemical

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Rarity posted:

So Dolph Ziggler's promo on Smackdown was setting up Cena/Ziggler at Mania, right? :neckbeard:

You can get Ziggler vs Nakamura or you can get Cena vs Ziggler, but you can’t get both.

(You’re gonna get neither)

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

nakamura day is just a made up holiday, even if i like the guy

It's legit. It's not like Razor day, which is just a Hallmark holiday.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Have they had the Ruseve Day vs {insert wrestler} Day feud yet?

Coz that would be cool.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

BrigadierSensible posted:

Have they had the Ruseve Day vs {insert wrestler} Day feud yet?

Coz that would be cool.

There was Rusev Day vs New Day vs Day One Ish (and also Gable and Benjamin)

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

VJeff posted:

https://twitter.com/RondaRousey/status/971123311873753088

....k.

You could just call it a Samoan Drop.

awrite calm down Joey Styles.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Is Cole gonna try to call all of these judo moves or is Ronda's entire moveset gonna be OH! and PLANTED!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Ronda is going to end Stephanie via a top rope Canadian Destroyer and we are all going to look like fools.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Gonz posted:

Ronda is going to end Stephanie via a top rope Canadian Destroyer and we are all going to look like fools.

Stephanie is going to get a distraction roll up win at Mania with the justification that the feud must go on and that they can't have two undefeated women at the same time.

Ronda will never get her win back and they'll end Asuka's run on a random Raw.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Remember this is Mania.
In order to predict Mania take all the results you want to see/makes sense and do the opposite.

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

I am shocked and appalled.

Rarity posted:

As long as it keeps Cena out of AJ/Nakamura I'm happy to let you have this.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I'm not going to watch Wrestlemania this year because it's going to loving suck, just like the last 3 years which I have all regretted staying up for.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

DukeofCA posted:

As long as it keeps Cena out of AJ/Nakamura I'm happy to let you have this.

Between Cena/Ziggler, AJ/Nakamura and Finn/Lesnar it should be a really good show :unsmith:

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Did Sami burn down KO's shack?

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

a new study bible! posted:

Did Sami burn down KO's shack?

:smith: Now how will Kevin go ice fishing?

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Rarity posted:

dolph ziggler sucks

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
I like Sami Zayn.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

VJeff posted:

There was Rusev Day vs New Day vs Day One Ish (and also Gable and Benjamin)

Gable and Benjamin also had a Day joke but I forget what it was.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Frankston posted:

I'm not going to watch Wrestlemania this year because it's going to loving suck, just like the last 3 years which I have all regretted staying up for.

I'm going to be in Orlando during that time. My fiancee pointed out how sorry she is that I'm going to miss Wrestlemania and I shrugged it off. Then she reminded me that I'm also going to miss out on the post-Mania Raw and :cry:

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
The post-Mania Raw is quickly heading into the toilet too, the WWE trying to embrace and make a thing out of how LOOK EVERYONE THIS CROWD IS BIZARRO WORLD THEY HATE EVERYTHING THEY SHOULD LOVE BUT THATS JUST HOW WE LIKE OUR FANS WHAT A COUNTRY ends up turning it from an organically fun night to booking decisions meant to play into the WACKY CROWD

On the positive side that's still the only night all year that still looks like any random 1998 RAW in terms of crowd reaction and sign count

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Rarity posted:

Between Cena/Ziggler, AJ/Nakamura and Finn/Lesnar it should be a really good show :unsmith:

Only one of these might actually happen and Mania will be really bad probably. On a related note, is Shane not having his yearly vanity match?

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
Shane could face KO or Sami if they aren't turning on each other on Sunday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Vaguido posted:

Shane could face KO or Sami if they aren't turning on each other on Sunday.
why not both?

• Locked thread