Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Alexa and Nia's segment was....really, really good? WWE is usually so fake and that was such an uncomfortably real depiction of what emotional abuse and toxic relationships can be like. Alexa delivered it really well and Nia sold it absolutely perfectly. I think "big strong monster turns face, immediately starts crying" is really bad on principle, but I actually bought that there was a reason and this is a good "lowest point" for Nia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Tato posted:

Cena seemed shocking "just a guy" tonight. The constant losing and pleading/whining is taking some luster off his star power, plus his in-ring work is rusty and lovely. Just another step in the master plan to get Reigns over by tearing down literally every other wrestler on the roster I guess.

I only watched on Youtube but boy oh boy the crowd seemed to not give a poo poo. I get the feeling they wanted a big pop for that triple threat mention, but nobody wants him within fifty miles of AJ vs. Nakamura.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

piss tape israel posted:

she started crying like big show lol

Man, that is making it sound so much more fake and stupid than it actually was.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Astro7x posted:

Wait. so are we getting Ultimate Deletion next week or at Wrestlemania?

If it is next week, then this will be the second time Detroit gets a pre-taped match like this for their Raw, since they last got the Wyatt Compound thing against New Day.

I remember my friend that attended saying that nobody cared about it and it was just a huge piss break

Dude, the stupid loving ring of lights completely blocked my angle of the titantron and I could not see poo poo during that entire loving segment. Also, some loving Kroger signs or something were partially blocking the Jumbotron so that was a no-go too. I strongly remember nobody caring about it at all. Some people half-heartedly waved their cellphone lights when, I guess, they realized they weren't gonna get to do it for an actual Wyatt entrance.

Joe Louis Arena sucked so goddamn bad. :mad:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Iron Man 2 was okay but it started the trend of Marvel movies undercutting their serious moments with jokes that's grown really annoying. Black Panther didn't do that, and that's why I thought Black Panther was pretty good.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm really glad that the audience seems to aggressively not give a poo poo about John Cena or Roman Reigns or Paul Heyman or Brock Lesnar right now because I sure don't.

They're really gonna have Roman call someone a bitch every single week from now to Mania, aren't they.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Anybody else feeling Sheamus vs. Cesaro for Mania?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

They just posted an open challenge on Twitter for the titles.

Rumor is it's going to be 2 singles guys teaming up and not a tag team.

tbh that'd be an appropriate way to wrap The Bar's story up. Defeated by two guys just coming together, the same way they started out. Also be a good way to get two guys on the card, since there's still plenty of guys without a spot.

I just kinda want them to do Cesaro vs. Sheamus and bring that whole story full circle too before Sheamus really can't go anymore.

AoP or Sanity would also be great.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

achillesforever6 posted:

I'm going to guess Bray teams up with Matt after their battle at the compound

Oh my, that'd be brilliant.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

That match is supposed to be on Raw before WM sometime.

You mean The Ultimate Deletion or the bar's open challenge?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

a new study bible! posted:

Im getting pretty hype for the WM ramp.

Wasn't the WM30 ramp pretty reasonable?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/RondaRousey/status/971123311873753088

....k.

You could just call it a Samoan Drop.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Boy oh boy does that SmackDown sound loving bad.

Mustafa Ali loving owns, please put the belt on him.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

21 Hoot Salute posted:

Check out 35:36 on tonight's 205 Live to see WWE accidentally leave in a Drake Maverick backstage flub, followed by him counting down 3,2,1, and then starting over again. :allears:

Editing is for shows that can crack the top 10 in viewership, apparently. :v:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Incessant Excess posted:

Why did Heyman lecture Roman on how tough being a champion is when the guy already has a couple title reigns?

Because if you look at his actual reigns, Roman's a pretty lovely champion, especially with the top title.

- Took his eye off the ball and got clonked by Sheamus.
- Spent most of a Royal Rumble taking a nap.
- Lost to Rollins because he bumped the ref and then ran into a Pedigree.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

BrigadierSensible posted:

Have they had the Ruseve Day vs {insert wrestler} Day feud yet?

Coz that would be cool.

There was Rusev Day vs New Day vs Day One Ish (and also Gable and Benjamin)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Is Cole gonna try to call all of these judo moves or is Ronda's entire moveset gonna be OH! and PLANTED!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

Gable and Benjamin also had a Day joke but I forget what it was.

It was a training day reference I'm pretty sure.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Minidust posted:

I'm rooting for Fox so hard if the rumors of Raw being two hours on a different network are true.

Also have to wonder if Smackdown would go to a different night... wasn't the change to Smackdown LIVE, and in fact the entire brand split, done at the request of USA Network?

Presumably, Fox would want SmackDown to drive viewership to FS1, so the brand split might live on and SmackDown would stay live. Maybe. Probably not.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Blaise330 posted:

Tournament arcs are the best episodes of anime somehow and they have the most character development. Weird how that works out.

Especially the episode where the dude looks like he's gonna lose and it's like oh no and then oh poo poo he finds a new power this is awesome.

Roman should learn how to make a flyswatter made out of light.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Weird coincidence that all the people who don't like Bray are also the people with bad opinions on everything else. Weeeeeeeird coincidence.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

Husky Harris was also a bad wrestler.

Y'know what, you're a bad wrestler.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

D.N. Nation posted:

There was a nice reaction for Bray staring down Hunter near the end of the '16 Rumble. Yeah, I wish they could've gone somewhere with that.

(Also remember when the Wyatts screwed over Brock in that same Rumble, Heyman came out the next night to say they'd deal with them later, and then.....uh nothing happened?)

They did the staredown again right before Roadblock and I'm pretty sure it got a pop then too.

Also, hey, that's not true. Wyatt and Harper faced Lesnar in a 2-on-1 handicap match at Roadblock!

...which Wyatt immediately tagged out of and bailed on so Harper could get squashed by Lesnar.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It also had a Cody Rhodes vs. Sami Zayn match that was bafflingly bad for those two names.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/HEELZiggler/status/971790253768912896

I for one think it's a bold choice to film a man having what appears to be some kind of stroke.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Mulaney Power Move posted:

yeah that's what they should do with bayley, have her beat up a make a wish kid. just dump the cancer boy from his wheelchair. the kid is just on the floor moaning going "ooooh, my marrow is low" and she's just standing over him doing dx crotch chops. reintroduce her the next raw with a "i love cancer" gimmick. she can do an elaborate promo where she lists off all the types of cancer and why she loves them, culminating in her favorite form of cancer being child leukemia because it kills the most children. camera zooms in on all the appalled parents and crying children; just ignore the smarks in the background that are cheering and wildly into it and the "let's go cancer" chant.

Make sure you do it during October so she can smash up all that stupid loving Komen signage.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
tbh my reading was that Luther Reigns was in addition to Roman but you guys were having so much fun I didn't wanna stop you and it's all bullshit anyway.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aye Doc posted:

good job on outintelligencing us all VJeff

Hey, first time for everything.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Rarity posted:

Finn knows that the next time he becomes the Demon that Bray will immediately show up as Sister Abigail. He's doing it for us.

So is Sister Abigail going to help Finn beat Lesnar in the main event of Wrestlemania or what?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Dear everybody who told me it was actually a good thing when Sami turned heel,
t:mad:

Yours in Christ,
VJeff

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
KO Kingdom should be cool though.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

This is dumber than Shane Undertaker?

This is dumber than Shane Styles?

...no. This wastes no one this gives us time where we may step outside, breathe in the air of the day, to take a midmania shower, to purchase more prosciutto, to send our staff to the wine cellar to replenish our glasses

When Nakamura vs. Styles is 12 minutes, I'll be thinking of you, my dude.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
imo, cancel WrestleMania, replace it with Sonic Mania.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Astro7x posted:

If I am remembering correctly, didn't they not do ANY build for the ARMBAR last year? Like, not a single wrestler mentioned it?

Quite a few wrestlers declared for it, Braun and Big Show did some stuff to build for it on Raw, Sami had to win a match to get in (and keep his job because Steph), Mojo and Ziggler did some promos for it on SmackDown. It wasn't like, a big deal, in the least, but people talked about it.

MassRafTer posted:

However WCW was pretty much always destined to implode so a universe where it is doing much better than WWE is impossible.

Theoretically, if WCW had somehow survived and stayed on TV a few more years couldn't it still be trundling along today on those sweet TV rights deals just like WWE is?

People say that if WCW still existed, it'd compete with WWE and force them to be better but tbh I feel like they'd just be two bad stagnant companies getting fat on guaranteed TV money and never forced to do anything interesting.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hey, at least the graphic for Fastlane is pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxOSGk92-rY

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

D.N. Nation posted:

EAT BALLS would've been cooler with some finned Cadillacs and jukeboxes next to the ramp IMO

They could've made the titantron look like a drive-in screen and everything. So much wasted potential. :(

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'd be extremely shocked if Wrestlemania doesn't have pyro, because that's the time WWE ups the pageantry to 11 and really does it up with the entrances and the custom stage and poo poo, but then again even the loving Mania sign didn't get pyro this year.

Wrestlemania 33's pageantry was easily the best part of that show. The set, the big-rear end globe, the big-rear end ramp, all the crazy entrances. God, it was all so great.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

When were the big budget cuts that took away the pyro, pre- or post-Mania 33?

I didn't really start to miss it until they took away Kane's stuff :negative:

Sometime in July. It really sunk in how lame it was when Brock showed up for the build to Great Balls with no pyro.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Quick check of wiki says Shane was constantly breaking up pins in this match. Is that as loving obnoxious as it sounds?

Was the "Sami lays down, SWERVE, ROLL-UP" spot any good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The Cruiserweights getting a second belt and NXT getting a second singles title before the women get a second title of any sort is a pretty severe indictment of the depth of the women's division company wide, imo.

But the Royal Rumble being like 30% call-ins was equally severe and that already happened.

• Locked thread