Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Somberbrero posted:

if you're going to predicate an argument on a votecount analysis it is highly convenient to neglect to mention that you did not vote day one and made a useless vote day two. for talking about people not contributing, where it counts you have done absolutely nothing of note. two misdunks is not only reasonable, it is statistically likely. you're not an idiot so i know that you know this already, which means you're making an intentionally dishonest argument. while we're pointing out bullshit,

This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

I DID bring up the fact that I didn't vote day 1; it's in my initial analysis of the votes, actually.

I pointed out who was on both misdunks, and yet you are trying to frame this as "You've been totally useless." In what, dunking town members? Yeah, sorry about that.

To characterize me as being "low content" in this game is totally untrue.

This is the most obvious and blatant attempt at undercutting my integrity at the point where you feel it is necessary to do so cause you're close to winning. Your entire post is fake af. ##vote Somber

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

And furthermore, your posts have a really mean undercurrent that belies the fact that you, at this point, have definitely played your hand in rolling scum and seem to be falling back on that. Respond to my points instead of insulting me and telling me I haven't played at all this game. That's a load of crap, lol.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Hey Quid, what faction is most often dunked day one?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Hey Somber, it's D3, what does that have to do with anything?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Quidthulhu posted:

Hey Somber, it's D3, what does that have to do with anything?

Well you made it a point in your case, see.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
oh god i really have been lurking a lot wow im a jerk

anyways im kind of busy today, a lot of stuff to do, but gonna try to get some opinions out

my instincts are making me think quid is a scumbo. high effort isnt indictative of quid's town game, and i think he's making a lot of noise to try and steer

kind of dont like dancer calling me a scumbo but then i realized that i have been actual lurking so i dont necessarily disagree with the case

kash and fisk i have no clue on, same with dgk, but i get a bit of a more town vibe than dgk.

somber seems ok, maybe a lil rude but idk

dad also looks ok to me

anyways im pretty certain this is ngo's scum game, would vote, but dont want to put at -3 when we've had 2 mislynches in a row and dont know how many scum there but consider this a pseduo-vote

would like to know why kash voted dancer :)

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Somberbrero (1): Quidthulhu
Quidthulhu (1): Somberbrero
NevergirlsOFFICIAL (1): Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu, Deadbeat Dad
Kashuno (1): NevergirlsOFFICIAL
Dancer (1): Kashuno
Deadbeat Dad (0): Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu

Not Voting (4): Dancer, DGK2000, flerp, Jonathan Fisk

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 20th, 2018 at 1 a.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 9 hours.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Somberbrero posted:

Well you made it a point in your case, see.

Are you referring to my case on you? Where did I make it a point?

Quidthulhu posted:

Somber

Sits on his early DC vote all of D1. I know he made a lot of posting about how he was busy and how the deadline was at a rough time, but I don't like that he doesn't mention her at all again on D1, especially in light of this after the fact statement:

This is a fine stance to take but I have zero reason why he felt that way about DC because he doesn't mention her at ALL beyond his reason for voting her. Doesn't feel like a "well clearly I thought she was scum and while I was wrong that's the game" type of statement, even though that's what he's trying to play this off as.

Other people he's offered opinions on: AA, he starts off by saying poking at his list twice but doesn't make any statement initially of if he feels his listing is alignment indicative or anything, just that he's not getting his conclusions. It's mostly Mafia Style argument.

HIS ONLY CASE is on B-. I actually don't even really understand this case? It looks good not knowing B- is town, but with his flip, it kinda makes zero sense to me?? I'm having a hard time putting my finger on why tho.

He presents a null read on flerp, calls AA town but then backs off of that after flerp posts about bussing to say he can't see a town reason for AA to vote me, and insists twice that "he made a case" on B- which, as we see above, is not a great case. He also rereads AA's case and goes back to "yeah AA is town." Also has a strong town read on NGO which I don't really get.

So far, Somber is looking really good as potential scum. Just enough content and apologies to get by D1, flipflopping, bad casework, sideline discussion to generate posts....not liking his content at all.

Are you referring to where I said "these three people were all on both misdunks so I am going to look into that and see how I feel, cause that's odd?" Because that wasn't a case, it was a point of direction for me to look.

Again, I truly have zero idea why you are harping on this. What, specifically, are you saying was scummy of me? Please explain.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Oh come on. You're playing semantics.

Quidthulhu posted:

So looking at those, on D1 we have:

On DC: Somber, Kash, DBD, b-minus (town), flerp, Dancer
on B-: DGK, Hal (town) Never, DC (town)
On Me: AA (town)

JFisk and I not voting. No other votes anywhere.

And on D2:

On B-: Kash, NGO, DBD, Somber, AA (town), DGK
NGO: Me
AA (town): JFisk
DGK: B- (town)

And Dancer and Flerp not voting.

The two mis-dunks being driven by basically the same people in Somber, Kash, and DBD is not making me feel great.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

But that's not a case. That's a set of data points I quoted, cleaned up, and attached flips to for a clear look, which, after examining, made me say "three people on the same town misdunks could be weird, so I'm gonna start my reread here and see where it takes me."

My case came after, and has very little to do with your end votes on D1 and D2 and everything to do with your actions and casework in the game, which I have found to be really lacking. You are now coming in and pushing this narrative of me faking a bunch of poo poo and a lot of the stuff you're saying I'm doing is just patently false. Like this exchange we're having right now.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Quidthulhu posted:

This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

I DID bring up the fact that I didn't vote day 1; it's in my initial analysis of the votes, actually.

I pointed out who was on both misdunks, and yet you are trying to frame this as "You've been totally useless." In what, dunking town members? Yeah, sorry about that.

To characterize me as being "low content" in this game is totally untrue.

This is the most obvious and blatant attempt at undercutting my integrity at the point where you feel it is necessary to do so cause you're close to winning. Your entire post is fake af. ##vote Somber

Just to circle back here, I never said 'you've been totally useless,' despite your quotation marks there. And here again you're trying to discredit me by pointing out that I was on both misdunks, but when I try to address this you pretend like you have no idea what I'm talking about.

Loving the quotations again, but I never called you "low content." That's completely fake.

Quidthulhu posted:

And furthermore, your posts have a really mean undercurrent that belies the fact that you, at this point, have definitely played your hand in rolling scum and seem to be falling back on that. Respond to my points instead of insulting me and telling me I haven't played at all this game. That's a load of crap, lol.

Mean = Scum? You certainly didn't have a problem with me calling AA a huge dumbass the other day. And gosh again again again I never said you haven't 'played at all this game,' I said, exactly, 'where it counts you've done absolutely nothing of note.' Because you haven't. You can't call out my voting record if you're not willing to admit that you've never been on a meaningful vote. You may not like my binus case now that he's flipped town but it actually drove votes while you sat alone on NGO day two and did nothing day one.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Quidthulhu posted:

But that's not a case. That's a set of data points I quoted, cleaned up, and attached flips to for a clear look, which, after examining, made me say "three people on the same town misdunks could be weird, so I'm gonna start my reread here and see where it takes me."

So I guess you're going to keep arguing that it's not something you really meant rather than taking responsibility for it?

Quidthulhu posted:

My case came after, and has very little to do with your end votes on D1 and D2 and everything to do with your actions and casework in the game, which I have found to be really lacking. You are now coming in and pushing this narrative of me faking a bunch of poo poo and a lot of the stuff you're saying I'm doing is just patently false. Like this exchange we're having right now.

You fabricated quotes from me.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Like let's break down your case:

Somberbrero posted:

if you're going to predicate an argument on a votecount analysis it is highly convenient to neglect to mention that you did not vote day one and made a useless vote day two.

This is patently false because I literally listed where my vote was on both days.

quote:

for talking about people not contributing, where it counts you have done absolutely nothing of note.

Which is where...voting? My entire post history is negated by the fact that I was not on the...two town misdunks? I don't even understand what you're saying here. This is a hugely dismissive statement of the person who is at this point the top poster in thread and it's a blatant mischaracterization of myplay.

quote:

two misdunks is not only reasonable, it is statistically likely. you're not an idiot so i know that you know this already, which means you're making an intentionally dishonest argument. while we're pointing out bullshit,

I think this zero to 100 namecalling and undercutting of my character is much more indicative of faked anger than my frustration at AA, who had literally been tunnelvisioned on me for two game days. And speaking of mischaracterzations, YOU fail to mention that fact when you bring up that my frustration feels faked. Are you forgetting the majority of the game was me and AA arguing at each other? This argument makes no sense, dude.

Then he quotes my snippet of how in retrospect I didn't like his B- vote:

quote:

boy howdy i bet the case looks bad with the benefit of hindsight! if it didn't make sense you should have argued that yesterday. if you think it's a flawed case then you could actually take the time to break it down rather than saying 'hey it sucks and so does somber,' yeah? if you think there is something dishonest in the case then that's what should be the meat of your argument here. Instead the crux seems to be 'because binus flipped town.'

Yeah, it does look bad in hindsight. That's why the game is literally built on public actions. This, again, is super ridiculous. I didn't mention it yesterday because the gamestate was different, I was looking at different things, and I was waiting for you to step it up and start playing more, which you had promised to do. I expressed my suspicions that you weren't on D2:

Quidthulhu posted:

Somber coming in mostly to chastise people for bad voting and then vanishing without contributing any content also does not look great to me

Your case is Not Good, and looks Pretty Faked.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Somberbrero posted:

Just to circle back here, I never said 'you've been totally useless,' despite your quotation marks there.

First:

Somberbrero posted:

Oh come on. You're playing semantics.

Second, come on, dude. I clearly said that I am viewing you as trying to discredit my entire post history through the way you are framing your analysis of me, which is reading as faked and designed purely to discredit rather than make connections to intent throughout. You're playing hard defense here, not making a case on me based on what you see. That's a scum tactic.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Third:

Somberbrero posted:

So I guess you're going to keep arguing that it's not something you really meant rather than taking responsibility for it?

What is the "it" here? Are you saying that my initial post where I say "I have suspicion of these three people based on X" was NOT a starting point for a reread for me, and was instead a hard opinion? Because that's patently untrue. So what, exactly, am I not taking responsibility for?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Quidthulhu posted:

Which is where...voting? My entire post history is negated by the fact that I was not on the...two town misdunks? I don't even understand what you're saying here. This is a hugely dismissive statement of the person who is at this point the top poster in thread and it's a blatant mischaracterization of myplay.

if only postcount was somehow equivalent to scumhunting. you don't get to talk a big game about what an important and influential poster you are when, again, your vote record shows to the contrary.

Quidthulhu posted:

I think this zero to 100 namecalling and undercutting of my character is much more indicative of faked anger than my frustration at AA, who had literally been tunnelvisioned on me for two game days. And speaking of mischaracterzations, YOU fail to mention that fact when you bring up that my frustration feels faked. Are you forgetting the majority of the game was me and AA arguing at each other? This argument makes no sense, dude.

you're just diverting from the actual point again to muddle the issue. if you are town then i'm sorry i called you an idiot, but you're not, so... v0v I know you and AA argued a lot but it your reaction still makes no sense. "I feel ways about Quid" hardly merits the angry diatribe you posted.

Quidthulhu posted:

Yeah, it does look bad in hindsight. That's why the game is literally built on public actions. This, again, is super ridiculous. I didn't mention it yesterday because the gamestate was different, I was looking at different things, and I was waiting for you to step it up and start playing more, which you had promised to do. I expressed my suspicions that you weren't on D2:

holy poo poo dude, you're trying to argue that my case was bad because binus flipped town, nothing else. you have not been able to express a single issue as to WHY the case was bad, only that because binus flipped town it suddenly looks suspect. You said yourself the gamestate was different, why do I not get the benefit of that but you do? Your excuse that you were waiting for me to do more before you responded to my case is strange and doesn't make any sense.

Quidthulhu posted:

Your case is Not Good, and looks Pretty Faked.

It's not a case, it's a series of data points I'm analyzing that lead towards a conclusion.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Quid I'm not gonna keep responding to your stuff if you just edit my quotes to fit whatever narrative you're constructing. It's pointless for me because I don't know why you'd do it as town.

for everyone else, in brief.

there is no reason for AA to die if Quid is town. Quid is there at the start of the day to immediately jump on NGO and discredit it as a setup kill. With AA alive there's a guaranteed vote against Quid, now there's not. AA also thought I was town.

Quid's reaction yesterday to AA was disproportionate and unreasonable from any perspective.

Quid did not vote day one. Quid was the only vote on NGO yesterday. He has not contributed to scumhunting despite his high posting volume.

there's more stuff but v0v

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Yeeeeah thanks 🙏

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

flerp posted:

oh god i really have been lurking a lot wow im a jerk

anyways im kind of busy today, a lot of stuff to do, but gonna try to get some opinions out

my instincts are making me think quid is a scumbo. high effort isnt indictative of quid's town game, and i think he's making a lot of noise to try and steer

kind of dont like dancer calling me a scumbo but then i realized that i have been actual lurking so i dont necessarily disagree with the case

kash and fisk i have no clue on, same with dgk, but i get a bit of a more town vibe than dgk.

somber seems ok, maybe a lil rude but idk

dad also looks ok to me

anyways im pretty certain this is ngo's scum game, would vote, but dont want to put at -3 when we've had 2 mislynches in a row and dont know how many scum there but consider this a pseduo-vote

would like to know why kash voted dancer :)

Hi Flerp. It's because Dancer is posting words but isn't saying anything

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

there is no reason for AA to die if Quid is town. Quid is there at the start of the day to immediately jump on NGO and discredit it as a setup kill. With AA alive there's a guaranteed vote against Quid, now there's not. AA also thought I was town.

just FYI somber this is absolutely horrible. This is some serious WIFOM, regardless of what my thoughts on you or Quid are.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

##vote kash leggo

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Kashuno posted:

just FYI somber this is absolutely horrible. This is some serious WIFOM, regardless of what my thoughts on you or Quid are.

What are your thoughts on Quid and I? I admit there's a certain level of wifom involved but it makes a lot of sense to me.

Probably won't be able to play much today, definitely won't be here for deadline.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Kashuno (2): NevergirlsOFFICIAL, Jonathan Fisk
Somberbrero (1): Quidthulhu
Quidthulhu (1): Somberbrero
NevergirlsOFFICIAL (1): Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu, Deadbeat Dad
Dancer (1): Kashuno
Deadbeat Dad (0): Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu

Not Voting (3): Dancer, DGK2000, flerp

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 20th, 2018 at 1 a.m. EDT -- that's in about 8 hours, 38 minutes.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

What even is the Kashuno case? Why is he the voteleader? His content in comparison to other people’s is much stronger

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Lurkers are trash news at 6

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

It’s kash I think

Hm yeah nice good

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Jonathan Fisk posted:

##vote kash leggo

Oh good nice cool

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

What are your thoughts on Quid and I? I admit there's a certain level of wifom involved but it makes a lot of sense to me.

Probably won't be able to play much today, definitely won't be here for deadline.

I admit I don’t have much on you but quid is on my baddies list still. Dancer is the worst tho has he posted today

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Hm he has made a post on ##vote quid

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Sorry quiddo I think you’re scum and I would prefer to not die

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I would really enjoy the chance to survive

Dancer
May 23, 2011
I don't want Quid dead ##vote Kash, would prefer voting flerp, or failing that, somb.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Dancer posted:

I don't want Quid dead ##vote Kash, would prefer voting flerp, or failing that, somb.

I notice you didn't have anything to say about the dialogue between Quid and I. Not interesting?

These vote patterns are weird.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
##vote ngo hes a baddie i know this in my heart of hearts

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Sorry have not been here over the weekend.

I don't see the fake content @ Quid, Somb. He seems like he's actually frustrated to me. Do I agree with some of his frustrations? No, but I don't think that means he is faking that sort of content. I don't think he should be ignored because is by far the most active and content driver poster in the thread, but it reads legit to me for now.

The thing about Quid I don't get is that he keeps going after the more active/wordy posters. AA, me, Somb, etc. Haven't seen him try to actively press or push any of the lurkers. The NGO/Quid connection you make it sort of interesting, because he accused me of being scum with NGO at the start of the day which is a weird connection and something I thought was a huge stretch. The other points he made about me were fine, that made me go ???

The annoying thing about both of you are that you don't seem to want to go after any of the lurkers or want some super big case against them. Their posting styles don't really lend those sort of cases to be made. NGO doesn't need a huge case on him to show what he's done hasn't really been beneficial nor shown him to be super towny (my last post where I brought up him basically sums up my feelings on him, before that was mostly "gut" stuff). Kash is being helpful in the sense that he is providing strong reads and voting actively, but it's really easy to post like that and be perfectly fine steering people toward town by being "sure" about their votes, enough to convince other people to vote with them, and then hide behind being active with votes or with reads. At that point it could be scum just seeing how far they can get without being accused of anything, on some borrowed time poo poo because at some point people will pick up on the patterns.

Anyway Somb if you think Quid is scum come vote for NGO and we can test the theory. Then maybe I would read Quid worse than I currently do.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
##vote NGO I want to survive

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Hi DBD, you just made a giant post about why Somber is wrong but not scum. That reads as a scum tactic to me, again, because you are dancing around the topic.

What do you think of my Somber case? You obviously don't like his case against me. Is he faking it? Do you disagree with my points and casework?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
You jerks should help

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I want to be very clear that that entire DBD post, to me, reads as a way to engage with his scum team member, Somber, without having to comment on the post, but in a way that will allow him to continue to keep the focus on NGO (maybe a bus, at this point? Or could be a misdunk) while also taking a stance on both Somber and I (the stance of "they dumb") without having to fully commit or engage. But his post could go either way; if poo poo goes south with Somber, he has a lot to point to in "I was already talking about how I felt his posting was off." Likewise, if the momentum moves to me, that's a strong post to point to and say "well I clearly thought Quid was scum" because the tone, while being outwardly supportive of me, is very dismissive and suspicious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I actually have made many comments on every single player this game, multiple times. My comment on the lurkers are "I believe their content" or "their content doesn't exist." I don't see Kash as scum right now because I believe he is actually trying and his reads are earnest. NGO is so checked out it could go either way, but his sniping and dancing around dropping opinions in a tangible and independent way make me lean the other way. I'm not engaging with or about them because I am getting very terse answers from them to my questions, and sometimes not even strong followups when I continue to expand.

The active players I can engage with because they're active, and I want to understand their positions and see if they're shifting / faking content / whatever I think is a scum tactic. If the lurkers were suddenly here and very engaged, I guarantee I would be giving them the same scrutiny. But it's easier to draw a conclusion when there's less than a page of content as some people have.

• Locked thread