Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

merk posted:

DGK2000 replaces Lumpen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
gdi

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

oh yeah lol

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Somberbrero posted:

I'm getting weird gut feels for dbd as I reread the thread in line at the bank but nothing concrete. I'll take a run at it tonight.

Somber are you here can you expand

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Oh you did lolol

Somberbrero posted:

yeah dbd going back i don't see anything real. usually this is the part of the game where i latch onto something inconsequential in order to drive the game forward but i don't got anything.

Man I am not on top of my game this morning

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Somberbrero posted:

binus i feel like maybe i was a dick to you previously, what game were that?

i wouldnt say you were a dick, just playing mafia. i nailed you as scum d1 and town lynched me instead lol. you stayed alive until the end of the game iirc. not my best game

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I think Dead Cow might have rolled scum.

Calls me out for a serious vote on dancer (who probably also rolled scum).

New or not, Dancer was acting a bit weird with that self-conscious unvote.

I think DC looks worse for it.

##vote DC

I want AA to expand on this because it's the only vote that seems to have any legs / might have merit but idgi? I feel like we're all just shrugging toward a dunk since the deadline is so early and nobody noticed to start playing actual mafia :v:

AA are you heeere

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Dead Cow (4): Somberbrero, DGK2000, DGK2000, Anomalous Amalgam, Kashuno, Deadbeat Dad
b-minus1 (3): Kashuno, Kashuno, Quidthulhu, DGK2000, Hal Incandenza, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, Quidthulhu
Jonathan Fisk (1): Hal Incandenza, Dead Cow, Hal Incandenza
Kashuno (1): flerp, b-minus1, Dancer, Dancer, b-minus1
flerp (1): b-minus1
Quidthulhu (0): Dead Cow, Kashuno, Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu, Dead Cow, Kashuno
Hal Incandenza (0): Dancer, Dancer
Anomalous Amalgam (0): Kashuno, Kashuno
Dancer (0): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam
DGK2000 (0): Deadbeat Dad, Deadbeat Dad
Deadbeat Dad (0): Kashuno, Kashuno

Not Voting (3): Dancer, Jonathan Fisk, Quidthulhu

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 14th, 2018 at 2:45 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 hours, 13 minutes.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
With everyone distracted by the nuclear explosion, no one noticed that the clock in the Rommel estate stopped working. This took forty-five minutes. The deadline, therefore, shifts ever so slightly to 2:45pm Eastern.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Quidthulhu posted:

I want AA to expand on this because it's the only vote that seems to have any legs / might have merit but idgi? I feel like we're all just shrugging toward a dunk since the deadline is so early and nobody noticed to start playing actual mafia :v:

AA are you heeere

What is there to expand on really? Mostly a gut feel about DC's call-out. Feels forced. I think that's worse than Dancer's play.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

It seems a bit odd to me that other stuff has happened in thread and DC's still your strongest gut-read. Nothing else? How do you feel about b- and myself being terrible at reading comprehension?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Quidthulhu posted:

It seems a bit odd to me that other stuff has happened in thread and DC's still your strongest gut-read. Nothing else? How do you feel about b- and myself being terrible at reading comprehension?

Lol are you saying it's suspicious that I don't find you suspicious?

Forcing content like this is scummier than the reading comprehension stuff.

Reference Shine V when I defended you after you scum claimed.

Or FF7 when I didn't realize a player was alive for two whole game days.

I can pardon donkeybrains, but the artificial hunt for content is something I would vote you for, but it seems like you are trying to poke holes in day 1 gut feels, and that only bolsters my confidence in the DC vote, because if they flip scum, I'll be scrutinizing your every post until you flip yourself.

Maybe I should go ahead and vote you? The question I have to ask is... does your current behavior outweigh DCs feigned joke phase towniness in terms of what I find scummy?

I think DC is a better vote, because while I have my reasons for voting, if they flip town I'll need to look closely at everyone who added on a "me too". I think there might have been one vote on DC prior to mine, but I don't know whose at the moment. Too lazy to look. On phone.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.
Sorry, I was sleeping!

AA my vote was not a serious vote, and I had lots of joking afterwards. Why are you trying to mistrue my vote?

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

##vote Kash

Kash is being very opportunistic with the vote on me and trying to play it off as silly

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Dead Cow posted:

Sorry, I was sleeping!

AA my vote was not a serious vote, and I had lots of joking afterwards. Why are you trying to mistrue my vote?

I don't think it was serious, and I'm not misconstruing anything. It's a gut feel that your comment at that time was fake.

That you were saying things to appear town.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

If this is plurality then I'm putting my vote on bminus. Where were all these posts when I had time to talk yesterday?

##vote bminus

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

I don't think it was serious, and I'm not misconstruing anything. It's a gut feel that your comment at that time was fake.

That you were saying things to appear town.

It was literally my first post after confirming, and a poorly typo'd one at that.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Dead Cow posted:

It was literally my first post after confirming, and a poorly typo'd one at that.

What does that have to do with anything?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Dead Cow posted:

If this is plurality then I'm putting my vote on bminus. Where were all these posts when I had time to talk yesterday?

##vote bminus

Lol do you actually think I知 scum

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote Quid

Looks worst now.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Worst in thread so far, I should clarify.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Dead Cow posted:

##vote Kash

Kash is being very opportunistic with the vote on me and trying to play it off as silly

who's trying to play it off lol

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

##vote Quid

Looks worst now.

this poo poo is plurality and you drop off one of the vote leaders. Shameful

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

b-minus1 posted:

Lol do you actually think I知 scum

Not as scummy as Kash but I知 not scum so

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
You seem to have this impression that I'm not taking things seriously and that my votes aren't 100% serious. Not sure why you got that impression?

Dancer
May 23, 2011
AA is starting to look like he isn't necessarily a friend of the common folk.

Starts with OMGUS:

I think Dead Cow might have rolled scum.

Calls me out for a serious vote on dancer (who probably also rolled scum).

New or not, Dancer was acting a bit weird with that self-conscious unvote.

I think DC looks worse for it.

##vote DC

Then an almost-OMGUS (not in reaction to a vote, but in reaction to mere questioning):

##vote Quid

Looks worst now.
based only on this not unreasonable post by Quid:

Quidthulhu posted:

If you're someone who forms such strongly held opinions based off gut reads, which AA looks like so far, then it seems to me that Quid and b-minus' brain-farts should absolutely trigger your scum sensor. Mine is triggered by unreasonably strong conclusions based off poor justification.

##vote AA for now, with the caveat that I'll be around for the final 20 minutes of the day, so if either DC or b- becomes particularly suspect, I can do my part to push the pendulum (which I find unlikely given that it's still day 1 and we have basically nothing to work with)

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
The only thing shameful are the bee min votes

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Dancer posted:

AA is starting to look like he isn't necessarily a friend of the common folk.

Starts with OMGUS:

Then an almost-OMGUS (not in reaction to a vote, but in reaction to mere questioning):

based only on this not unreasonable post by Quid:

If you're someone who forms such strongly held opinions based off gut reads, which AA looks like so far, then it seems to me that Quid and b-minus' brain-farts should absolutely trigger your scum sensor. Mine is triggered by unreasonably strong conclusions based off poor justification.

##vote AA for now, with the caveat that I'll be around for the final 20 minutes of the day, so if either DC or b- becomes particularly suspect, I can do my part to push the pendulum (which I find unlikely given that it's still day 1 and we have basically nothing to work with)

That's not an omgus. Neither of those are omgus votes.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
jfc

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
RIP B-

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
We should lynch flerp tbh

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

It痴 fine

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
If someone has to die I値l fall on the sword but everyone should take a close look at Fisk, somber and flerp tomorrow

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Scum are satisfied with my death :(

Dancer
May 23, 2011
In the grand scheme of things, I think I find Dead Cow slightly more suspect than you (part of the reason is that he voted for you, in a fashion that might be opportunistic (? can't tell for sure), another part of the reason is that I accept brain-farts happen). BUT it occurs to me that, with this plurality thing, if there's a tie, scum can too easily just select their target. So, on the off-chance that there's exactly 1 scum between the two of you, I'd rather go for the coinflip that it's you, instead of just letting scum choose.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Dancer posted:

In the grand scheme of things, I think I find Dead Cow slightly more suspect than you (part of the reason is that he voted for you, in a fashion that might be opportunistic (? can't tell for sure), another part of the reason is that I accept brain-farts happen). BUT it occurs to me that, with this plurality thing, if there's a tie, scum can too easily just select their target. So, on the off-chance that there's exactly 1 scum between the two of you, I'd rather go for the coinflip that it's you, instead of just letting scum choose.

Plurality is usually both die in the case of a tie I thought.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

And it's not opportunistic, if it comes down to me or someone else, I'm going to choose someone else. I'd prefer Kash over both me and bminus

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Dead Cow posted:

Plurality is usually both die in the case of a tie I thought.

What I mean is, if the vote is 4-4, scum can swing it with 30 seconds on the clock (or probably like 5 minutes so it's not quite suspect) by changing a single vote.

Speaking of, the person who broke the tie is AA. I don't necessarily see this as scummy behavior right now, but if DC is ever flipped scum, the action becomes retroactively scummy.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I知 guaranteed to make at least one gently caress up a game regardless of my alignment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I guess I could break the tie by voting dead cow. My flerp vote is useless

Hmmm decisions

• Locked thread