Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Welcome to Goodsmead: The Day the Sky Fell, a mafia game for 13 players!

merk from the first Goodsmead game posted:

About thirty years ago, the United States dropped weapons more powerful than anyone could have ever imagined on major metropolitan areas of China. Such an aggressive, unprovoked, and surprising attack on the Chinese lead to global war before every major power on the planet.

That day is n0. You are a resident of Quincy, a small city on the west side of Illinois next to a river.
  1. Anomalous Amalgam
  2. b-minus1
  3. Dancer
  4. Dead Cow
  5. Deadbeat Dad
  6. DGK2000
  7. flerp
  8. Hal Incandenza
  9. Jonathan Fisk
  10. Kashuno
  11. NevergirlsOFFICIAL
  12. Quidthulhu
  13. Somberbrero

Rules:
1. Someone must die at deadline. "No lynch" is not an option. Lynches are plurality.

merk fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Mar 15, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
6 more.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
3 more :effort:

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
We need one player!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Thanks!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

About a week ago, the bombs fell. They were too far away for you to really know where they fell. I mean, some of you might because you've heard things on the news and the like, but you can't be sure. You didn't see any bombs. You didn't hear any bombs. You just heard that some bombs fell somewhere. It was probably the Chinese; that much you can be pretty sure about at least.

The day after the bombs supposedly fell, the looting started. You would think a small town of 39,000 people would be above this type of thing, but you'd be wrong. The Wal-Mart was packed with bodies about ten minutes after the news interrupted Law and Order to tell everyone that nuclear explosions have been sighted. After that, the Walgreens was hit, the liquor stores were hit hard, and anywhere that sold a gun was ransacked. It's pandemonium now. Nowhere is safe here any longer.

Except....

The Rommels. You all know them. About ten years, this family started buying up land in the center of town and building a huge fence to keep everyone out. No knows much about them, not even what they look like, but you do know that they are incredibly rich and have a 200-acre self-sustaining estate that looks a lot better than anything outside of those walls right now.

Tonight, a handful of you make it inside of the walls. When the morning sun comes up, you find that 13 of you are all staring at each other. Are any of you Rommels? You don't know. But, if they are here, we definitely need to make sure they don't walk out of this estate square alive.

"I know," yells some random person, "let's lynch each other each morning cycle and read their driver's license from their wallet to see if they are a Rommel! Then, we will go to sleep and do it again the next day until we kill them all!"

How has that every made any sense as a premise to get something done? Why don't you just all take your licenses out from your wallets and show them to each other.

"YEAH LET'S VOTE ON WHO TO KILL RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DEATH TO THE ROMMELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Oh, ok, I guess that works too? Good luck.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Vanilla town PM:

merk posted:

You are Nick Marquardt, Town, Vanilla. You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated. Just because you don't get flavor doesn't mean you aren't important. Go gently caress up those Rommels.

Fake claims:
Literally any first and last name.

Setup background:
Simple. Very simple.

If you didn't get a PM, PM me.

merk fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Mar 12, 2018

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Dead Cow posted:

How dare you serious vote so early

##AA

Hello, this is not a real action. This is the only warning I'll give in this game. The next fake action (even a mistake) will result in a modkill if it is not corrected before I get back to the thread.

If you are out of the ninja edit window, it is OK to make another post after yours that says something like "whoops, that's a misformatted vote. Not a real action!" If I feel like you are abusing me being nice about this, in my sole discretion, I will modkill your face off.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
DGK2000 replaces Lumpen.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
"Ding dong. Ding dong. 5 hours left to murder," a very weird voice echoes over the Rommel estate.

The 13 of you stare at each other. Someone must die today. No one really knows why.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

The first mushroom cloud becomes visible in the far distance. Everyone stops arguing and looks towards it. Time passes for what feels like an eternity before conversations starts again.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Someone must die at deadline. Accordingly, lynches will be plurality and 'no lynch' is not an option. That isn't in the op, but it will be soon.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
With everyone distracted by the nuclear explosion, no one noticed that the clock in the Rommel estate stopped working. This took forty-five minutes. The deadline, therefore, shifts ever so slightly to 2:45pm Eastern.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
:redhammer:

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
In a meeting. Will post shortly.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Music plays through an intercom system...

Ooga-chaka Ooga-Ooga
Ooga-chaka Ooga-Ooga
Ooga-chaka Ooga-Ooga
Ooga-chaka Ooga-Ooga

I can't stop this feeling
Deep inside of me
Girl, you just don't realize
What you do to me

When you hold me
In your arms so tight
You let me know
Everything's all right

I'm hooked on a feeling
I'm high on believing
That you're in love with me

bzzttt whirrrrr *scratch*

"Good evening. The masses have spoken. Raymond, please approach the podium."

Without a second thought, Raymond Reynolds, a local town bodyguard who you would most often see protecting the wealthy (a stint or two with the Rommels even at one point), walked to the gallows. The look on his face was robotic in nature, like he wasn't even there anymore.

Everyone looked onward curiously... and then he put the noose around his own neck, climbed on top of the chair, and kicked it out from under himself.

Raymond Reynolds died that day. Did he take his own life or did you take it?

"Thank you, Raymond. Now, please find comfortable sleeping arrangements for the evening. We will pick back up tomorrow."

Is there an accent in that voice? Have I heard it before?

Raymond Reynolds, Town Bodyguard was lynched on day 1.

Night actions.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Nights are open, as is standard in all my games.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
The sun slowly rises to reveal a Rommel estate square with the body of a woman at its center. Debbie Dawlor started murdering people immediately after the first bomb fell. I think she's killed sixty, maybe seventy, people at this point. Time catches up to you though, Debbie. You're dead.

Hal Incandenza, Debbie Dawlor, Town Cop was murdered on night 1.

Day 2.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

merk posted:

The sun slowly rises to reveal a Rommel estate square with the body of a woman at its center. Debbie Dawlor started murdering people immediately after the first bomb fell. I think she's killed sixty, maybe seventy, people at this point. Time catches up to you though, Debbie. You're dead.

Hal Incandenza, Debbie Dawlor, Town Cop was murdered on night 1.

Day 2.

I ninja edited the top post. The original post did not include the name Hal Incandenza.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
b-minus1, Billy Crudup, Town, Vanilla was lynched on day 2.

Night actions.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
edit

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
AA, Jacob Jacobs, Town, Vanilla has been killed night 2.

Day 3 begins.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
The town steps up to vote NGO to the gallows. However, on his walk of shame, he says, “let’s not kill me today!”

The town stops. Instead of lynching NGO, everyone instead decides to go to bed.

The day ends in a no lynch.

Night actions.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Jonathan Fisk, Sharky Shark VI, Town, Vanilla was killed. Day 4.

No actionable town power roles remain. All scum roles have been deactivated besides their collective kill. There are three scum. A 3P Survivor exists.

Good luck. Today is lylo.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
In plurality, the first player to the tied number of votes at deadline is lynched.

Example:
Merk 4 at 6:50pm
Lumpen 4 at 7:00pm
Deadline at 7:30pm
Merk is lynched

Example 2:
Merk 4 at 6:50pm
Lumpen 4 at 7:00pm
Merk 3 at 7:05pm
Merk 4 at 7:15p
Deadline at 7:30pm
Lumpen is lynched

Good luck.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
NevergirlsOFFICIAL, Town, Governor was lynched.

The Scum (somber, flerp, DGK) have achieved a perfect victory.
The Survivor (Kashuno) wins as well.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Technically, the game could have continued if town beat scum to vote and Kashuno joined them tomorrow. However, come on. It’s over.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

DGK2000 posted:

Dancer not flerp

Hahahaha sorry! Did that from an airplane!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Lumpen posted:

Sorry, especially to merk, for bailing out on this game. It is not because I rolled Scum. My wife was highly pissed over the time I put into Westworld and there were tensions. I didn't want to let my buddies down and I knew I was not going to be able to put in a good performance given the circumstances. Thanks to DGK for stepping up and doing better than I would have.

No worries. You are always welcome. Life happens.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Sorry flavor stopped. I have been in a travel whirlwind the last week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Cities I’ve been in the last eight days (not connecting flights, actual nights here):
Atlanta
San Francisco
Santa Clara
Chicago
Indianapolis
Washington D.D.C

• Locked thread