Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

From the outside, The Warehouse looks like just any other of the dilapidated dockside warehouses, but as any hood-in-the-know... uh, knows, within it is:

An even more disappointing sight than in most of the warehouses. Honestly, no one knows why AIM insists on using this perpetually empty warehouse, but it's The Warehouse. So here you are, at 9:01 a.m., in a warehouse which would be empty if not for the fold-out table with a person-sized pile of cash on it, the two AIM goons flanking it, and the five other idiots it looks like MODOK roped into this shindig.

One of the beekeepers coughs loudly enough to be heard through his helmet as the others' grip on his plasma caster shifts and adjusts, making a continuous series of just-audible rubber squeaks. Neither makes a move towards or says anything to you. Maybe MODOK got held up somewhere? It's not like the big guy, though; especially with that much cash lying around, if that's supposed to be your payday on the table.

Somewhere, but not anywhere in this incredibly sparse warehouse, a clock ticks over to 9:02. MODOK's late. What're you gonna do now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
!!Various Important Things 2nd Post!!

Justice Pool: 5d6

RandallODim fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Jan 7, 2019

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Taskmaster

Taskmaster is a professional - which means he was here on time, checked for tails, and has even worn a nice (if holographic) suit over his combat gear. He's left the mask visible, though. Glowing eyes and a vaguely skull-like head tend to help negotiations. (He is not dressed like a pirate.)

The fact that MODOK isn't here yet is mostly just annoying. MODOK has never been one to be polite, after all. He has, however, taken the opportunity to put his feet up on the table and get comfortable. If he's going to be made to wait, he's going to relax while doing it.

"You know, I'm honestly impressed neither of you two goons has swiped any of this cash. Good work on that."

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Patch

The diminutive criminal bartender takes a long, slow draw on his cigar, keeping his eye on the two AIM goons the entire time. Patch is clad in a white smoking jacket, a very light pastel pink button up shirt, a bowtie he has only recently untied, and black slacks, as well as his namesake eye patch. He also does not look like a pirate, a decision shared by professionals in this business everywhere.

Like Taskmaster, Patch had arrived early, but had shown little concern for tails or any other such thing. The man had simply strolled up and went inside to wait, and once 8:55 had hit and there was no sign of the giant flying face, he had undone his bowtie and started smoking. Patch exhales the cigar smoke towards the two goons, smirking as he does.

"I wouldn't be too impressed with 'em. No one's dumb enough to steal money when yer boss flies around and shoots brain lasers from his giant fuckin' forehead. MODOK ain't designed for knittin', after all. It'd be dumb ta do anythin' out here in the middle of nowhere, where no one can hear ya gettin' slaughtered like a drugged cow, just.. fuckin' hacked ta bits by some feral mad man." Patch slowly lowers his cigar as he speaks, staring off into the distance and looking almost wistful, before he comes to his senses. "But ain't no one here gotta do anythin' like that. Not like anyone's at risk of nothin'." He chomps the cigar and leans back in his chair, lacing his hands together behind his head.

"Do wonder where our Mental Host Deisgned Only Fer Bein' Late is, though."

Affiliations
Solo d10
Buddy d6
Team d8

Distinctions
Best At What He Does But Not Like Wolverine
Excellent Disguise
Peerless Bartender

Feral Mutant
Enhanced Reflexes d8
Enhanced Strength d8
Superhuman Senses d10
Godlike Stamina d12

SFX: Berserk. Borrow a die from the doom pool for an attack action. Step up the doom die by +1 and return to the doom pool.
SFX: Focus. In a pool including a FERAL MUTANT die, replace two dice of equal steps with one die of +1 step.
SFX: Healing Factor. Spend 1 PP to recover your physical stress and step back your physical trauma by ]1.
Limit: Mutant. Earn 1 PP when affected by mutant]specific Milestones and tech.

Weapon X Program
Adamantium Claws d10
Psychic Resistance d10

SFX: Adamantium Skeleton. On a successful reactoin against an edged or blunt attack, action either convert opponentfs effect die into a WEAPON X PROGRAM stunt or step back effect die by ]1 and inflict as physical stress. Spend 1 PP to use this stunt if opponentfs action succeeded.
SFX: Fearsome. Ad d6 and step up effect die by +1 when using WEAPON X PROGRAM powers to inflict emotional stress.
SFX: Immunity. Spend 1 PP to ingore telepathy or mind control.Limit: Heavy Metal. On a magnetic attack or while swimming, change any WEAPON X PROGRAM power into a complication and gain 1 PP. Activate an opportunity or remove the complication to recover the power.
Limit: Toxic Metal. If Godlike Stamina is shutdown, take d10 physical stress at the beginning and end of every Action Scene

Specialties
Combat Master d10
Covert Master d10
Menace Master d10
Crime Expert d8
Vehicle Expert d8

gNow Itfs My Turn!h
1 XP when you separate from your allies, accepting no help, so that you can hunt an enemy down alone.
3 XP when you inflict trauma on a villain due to an asset created by an ally.
10 XP when you either admit that you needed an allyfs help, declaring that they are good to have around in a scrap, or you explain to an ally why they are a danger to themselves and any team they serve on.

Yeah I Kinda Do What Wolverine Does I guess
1 XP when you first choose to inflict physical stress in a Scene.
3 XP when another villain questions if you're Wolverine due to your violence or you threaten another villain with violence
10 XP when you kill someone in front of innocents, or you recover from your berserker rage in front of innocents, without having inflicted trauma on anyone.

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Apr 13, 2018

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Taskmaster

"You say that, but you have no idea how dumb henchmen can be. Trust me on this, I train them."

He pauses.

"Anyway, I was just thinking about how completely and totally unlike anyone I've ever seen before, even on the news you are."

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.

The door slammed open, and a seven foot woman in purple and black jogging clothes entered. Crossing the empty and quiet room, with heavy footfalls, she reached the table, looked around disdainfully, and grumbled loudly to the assorted onlookers

"Where's the big head?"

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Patch

Logan Patch turns his head slightly towards Taskmaster, his eyebrows raised and his cigar between his teeth, and either blinks or winks; it's difficult to tell with the totally necessary eyepatch. "Yeah? I get that a lot." He holds the cigar out and thumps it lightly, ashing it right onto the floor. "Lotta people confuse me for that guy from Swordfish. Never really seen it, ain't my cuppa tea, y'know?"

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Bob

A short, stocky man rushes in out of breath. Hey! Sorry Im late! He says, brushing the powdered sugar off his shirt and doing a terrible job of hiding the Starbucks cup hes holding.

He makes his way to a seat near the front, nodding at the two guards Hey Frank, Hey...uh...Jim?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The warehouse fills with smoke, obscuring the view of everyone in the room, clearing to reveal...

"IT IS I, MYSTERIO! THE MASTER OF MIND BENDING ILLUSIONS!"

Fashionably late.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Doctor Demonicus

The good Doctor has been sitting in his folding chair, legs crossed, absent-mindedly stroking the ferret that he brought along. The animal looks almost feral, and has been scratching against him as it desperately tries to get away, but Demonicus seems completely unaware of how miserable to creature is as he continues to pet the animal. He's been staring at Taskmaster for the past several minutes, his expression dead behind his mask.

As Titania enters, he turns slowly towards her and speaks. "Our...esteemed host has not yet made his presence known to us." Before he can speak further, Mysterio and...Bob...make their appearances. Demonicus looks at them both briefly before deciding they are of no interest, returning to staring at Taskmaster as he continues to pet the agitated polecat in his grip.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Titania

Looking from the soft spoken man in the hideous skull mask to the unignorable Mysterio, as he bursts onto the scene in a much more spectacular manner than the chubby henchman who scampered in just a moment earlier, Titania suddenly realizes that there's basically nothing standing between her and the cash on the table...

Dropping her duffle bag to the floor, she cracks her knuckles and grins.

"So, which of you twerps is supposed to be stopping me from flattening this place, and walking off with the cash?"

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Taskmaster

At least it's a stylized skull, rather than the pirate skull mask. (Taskmaster sometimes wears that one, as well, but mostly when he feels like being goofy.) He turns to look at Demonicus.

"...so, you know that thing's going to break its nails on your armor, right?"

He turns as Titania makes her threat.

"I've got a contract, so...Captain America."

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Doctor Demonicus

Demonicus does not break his stare as Taskmaster addresses him, instead muttering in a displeased voice, "You are the Taskmaster, yes? I am not fond of this new outfit of yours, I must confess." Looking over to Bob, Demonicus extends a hand to grasp the stocky man's shoulder. "You, you agree with me, do you not? Everybody these days is trying so hard to look like a character from that film with all the black leather and the spoons."

Demonicus stands, overtaken by the urge to monologue as he places the terrified ferret on the ground. The creature tries to scamper away, but the villain retrains a grip on its harness leash. "I remember when the world would shutter at the sight of men such as us! When bold colors were a sign of our virility and power! And the capes, my god man, where is your cape? At least our friend Mysterio here still understands! Bravo, good sir! Bravo!" He clutches his fist, placing it over his heart in salute to Beck.

"One day, perhaps, those in our illustrious profession will remember that we need not be concerned with looking 'cool', but with defining 'cool!'" Demonicus turns and walks towards the doors, dragging the ferret along with him "Think on my dread words as I take Mr. Floofnoodle for walkies."

Lager fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Mar 8, 2018

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Taskmaster

"That's me. And as for my cape, I keep it in my closet. Dress for the job, my friend. You're the villain, I'm the mercenary. The cape comes out when I need to be the guy in the cape."

Taskmaster shrugs.

"And today was a day where I wanted to be stealthier than that. Form follows function." He pauses, glancing at Bob. "Sup, Bob. How's working for the world's most heavily armed janitorial staff treating you?"

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Bob

Uh, yeah, sure pal. Capes are pretty cool! Haha...excuse me a moment

For a moment, Bob bears an uncanny resembalance to the ferret as he shuffles down a seat.

He turns to Taskmaster and shrugs Hey, its a living. Less dangerous than doing literally anything with Wade at least, and HYDRAs been pretty weird since the last election.

He then turns to Titania, trying to maintain eye contact but doing a pretty poor job overall. Frank and Jim, I think thats Jim anyways, are part of the field team so they probably have some pretty powerful energy guns and stuff. Plus Mr.Modok would be pretty mad, and I once saw him turn a dude into a skeleton because he was chewing too loudly in the cafeteria, I dont think itd be a good idea.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Patch

Patch rolls his eye at Demonicus' monologue, trying hard to suppress his grin. He waves his cigar dramatically in the air as he speaks, putting the back of his hand against his forehead dramatically. "Oh my stars and garters, we ain't villainous enough fer the guy with a ferret named 'Fluffnoodle,' Tony. How will we live with ourselves, knowin' we ain't up to the standards of General Godzilla-maker?"

He stubs out the cigar against the arm of his chair and tucks the cigar into a pocket in his jacket, turning in his seat to face Titanica. "Ta answer yer question, sweetheart.." He looks around the room with a finger raised to count, but hesitates when he sees the only other people than him and Taskmaster are Bob and Mysterio. "Well, I'd say all of us might not be too happy if ya tried to run off with our pay, but I reckon jus' me and Tasky here would put up anythin' worth callin' a fight."

The short, hairy man who is definitely not Wolverine in any way, shape, or form shrugs. "Some of us been here awhile now an' yer late to the party, so if it comes down ta it, get in line an wait for MODORK."

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Titania

Momentarily distracted by the theatrical speech-making of Demonicus, and memories of her old duds, Titania returns to attention as the group admonishes her. Ignoring Bob, she instead focuses on the little guy who dared called her 'sweetheart.'

"And just who the hell are you supposed to be?" she says, leaning in, completely oblivious to who the hell this guy was not supposed to be.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Doctor Demonicus

Dr. D. is about to step outside and out of hearing range when he hears the taunts of the short, stocky man with the eyepatch (as opposed to the short stocky man with the Starbucks cup). He is about to shrug them off when he hears...that name...

Suddenly, the villain feels extremely weak in the knees, and has to steady himself by catching the door. Breathing rapidly he rushes outside and sits on the ground outside, struggling to get his breath under control. Grabbing for his belt to pull out the controls to his suit, he begins to force it to regulate his heartbeat artificially to try and offset the panic attack. Throughout all this, the poor, agitated ferret struggles to get away to no avail. Eventually, Doctor Demonicus is able to calm himself, reassuring himself that it was just an off-hand remark. Whoever that man is, surely he doesn't know about his history with The Beast. Checking his vitals from his control panel, he breathes deeply. Just a minor attack this time.

Dragging the future kaiju back inside, he does his best to act like nothing has happened. "Helloagain,fellowrapscallions!I'mback,goodtoseeyouallagain.StillnosignofMODOKIsee?COMEMR.FLOOFNOODLE." He picks up the ferret once more, sitting down and stroking it again to calm himself. It does not seem to help the ferret's state of mind at all, of course.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
The sound of the warehouse's garage door chugging to life drowns out any further conversation, and also somehow causes the interior lights to flicker with the sheer power drain. Over the racket, a voice begins to make itself audible, shouting with all the force a giant floating head can muster.

"- NO, IT IS A POWER MOVE! IN FORCING THEM TO WAIT, I ASSERT MY SUPERIORITY. EVEN NOW, MY ENHANCED MIND CAN SENSE THE GROWING TENSION AMON-"

It is at this moment that the garage door rises high enough for MODOK to see inside - to the already dysfunctional team, the table with its pile of cash, and the two poor beekeepers who, no matter how nice Bob remembering them felt, did not sign up for this when they took those internship credits.

"You FOOLS!" MODOK shouts, as a blast of psionic energy blows the garage door the rest of the way clear of his entry, before flying over to the table, leaving his AIM accompaniment running to catch up. "What are you doi-" Suddenly, he stops, eyes darting between the assembled crew. "Never mind. I shall make a call to your advisors later!" Whizzing around to the head of the table, MODOK places his drink on the table and looks between you all. "My interns have mistakenly prepared a good faith display towards your payment. That completed, shall we proceed outside to discuss our mutual endeavor, so that they might clean up their mess?"

e:

quote:

Feel free to try and press MODOK about anything, it's time to chat with the big man in the chair. Intimidate, smooth talk, make actual rolls, go for it.

RandallODim fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Mar 12, 2018

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Titania

Her attention bouncing around like a pinball looking for a face to punch, Titania settles on the largest face of all.

"Alright, nerd; what's the big idea? You paying for work, or just wasting my time?"

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Bob

Bob stands at attention when MODOK arrives and raises both fists in the air. "HAIL HYD-er...Hail...A.I.M....sorry...Anyways, welcome boss, when do we get started?"

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Taskmaster

"Hey there, chief. You're aware of my prices and my contract stipulations. If we're good on both, I'm good to help you." Taskmaster's done this dance before. "You bring enough snacks for the whole class?"

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Doctor Demonicus

The good doctor watches as MODOK makes his entrance, silently judging him on form and execution. A moderate effort, though spoiled somewhat by his obvious tantrum. And he didn't even kill the underlings...What have we come to? Still, this is the best paying gig in town that he could find on short notice. Demonicus stands, clutching the ferret's leash and dragging the poor animal behind him. "Yes, of course, MODOK. I am also anxious to hear the details of your plan and how it shall benefit New Demonica."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Mysterio

"I wouldn't have ever imagined that MODOK would lower his ego enough to ask for help."

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Patch

Patch pointedly ignores Titania as he watches the spectacle of a giant head with itty bitty baby arms and legs come soaring through the front of the warehouse. He sniffs, wrinkling his nose at what he smells, and after a moment wrenches his entire face in disgust; a colossal nerd who is literally just a giant head apparently isn't super keen on hygiene, and his powerful sense of smell is currently being assaulted by the horrible funk of a mutated computer nerd. He turns away from MODOK, wiping tears from his eyes as he breathes through his mouth. He mouths to Taskmaster, "Living comic book conventional hall" and then immediately gags.

Once he's composed himself, he turns back to MODOK, his face stern and hiding any of the previous inclination to barf like Cyclops had taken off his visor. "Alright, what are we doin' and how are we doin' it?" Quick, short, and clipped. The less his mouth was open and the less he had to breathe, the better.

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Mar 17, 2018

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Mysterio

"ALSO AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO RECOGNIZES THIS GUY?"

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Taskmaster

Taskmaster holds up a hand. "One moment."

Then he goes over and grabs Mysterio, dragging him to the side. His voice drops to a barely audible whisper as he leans in to the fishbowl.

"Look, Quentin. You know him. I know him. But I thought you were smart. If we make it clear, he is going to go insane and kill us, because that's what he does. You have an exit strategy, right?"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Mysterio

"....You certainly have a point, Tony. I suppose I'll have to keep this under the dome for now..."

"This is that rising star, Patch, right?"

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Taskmaster

"Good man."

He nods, turning back.

"Sorry about that, I had to explain that you're not the guy from Swordfish. You know how he gets with actors."

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Doctor Demonicus

Doctor D. mutters to himself, "Note to self...Watch 'Swordfish' at next opportunity."

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Patch

Patch watches with some interest as Tony collars Quentin and drags him away from the group, whispering pointedly to the man in the giant fishbowl. He raises his eyebrows as the two pause to glance his way, before going back to their discussion. When it's clear that his cover isn't blown that ol' Dome Dome is just starstruck, Patch chuckles and leans back in his chair a bit.

"Yeah, I get that a lot. I ain't nobody famous. No starrin' roles fer me, no darin' heroics, no fightin' the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, no Emmy or Tony or Oscar." He studies his fingernails almost boredly for a moment before shaking his head. "Nah, just ol' Patch. Best at what he does, and that's tendin' bar. An' the occasional bit of wet work." He narrows his eyes and locks gazes (he hopes) with Quentin as he says this. He didn't think Mysterio knew, but he was watching him now.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
MODOK opens his mouth to respond to everyone's cordial greetings, but is cut off by the booming echo of Mysterio's fishbowl-amplified voice. Hastily, he attempts to play it off by throwing the Hostess Fruit Pie in his mouth instead. His expression rapidly sours, both at the extended reminder of the existence of that perversion of hacking, Swordfish, and at the realization that he had not removed his snack's wrapper.

As Patch concludes his award-winning performance, MODOK loudly and pointedly chokes down his mistake to return attention to himself. "Uh, yes. Certainly," he says, as he glances across the assembled team who are suddenly all looking at him. "And now that we are all agreed..." With a focused glare, MODOK projects a beam from his headband, which surges directly into the pile of money before he swings his gaze upwards with a "Crap." Above the apparently-unharmed cash, the beam expands, creating a 3D projection grid. "Now, you may behold the first phase of our mutual endeavor!" In the center of the grid, a dot appears, and quickly begins to stretch vertically before continuing to expand into a rotating skyscraper that you begin to recognize as:

"THE BAXTER BUILDING!" MODOK's fists shoot into the air in exuberance as he shouts, with all the force and volume of a mouth that's conservatively 70% of his bodily volume. "Home of the Fantastic Four, and that PHILANTHROPIST, Reed Richards!" The tower slows and stops as MODOK goes on. "Within lies the first component of my greatest venture!" The sides of the tower descend, revealing an aggressively annotated caricature of the tower's interior. MODOK chuckles. "But of course," he continues, "you poor fools have only this simpleton's understanding of its interior halls."

"And so," he says, gesturing off-handedly to one of the beekeepers who accompanied him in, who, after a moment of hesitation, awkwardly balances a large briefcase on the table's edge. "I propose a... trust experiment." As the beekeeper opens the case, a dull green glow shines against their mask from inside it. "You will be performing a few tasks for AIM today. To that end, we would like to keep you as close to your optimum functionality as possible over the course of your contract." With visible effort, the beekeeper rotates the case to face you all, holding the hanging back end by hand. Inside the briefcase is a large AIM-branded injection gun, with a dull green glow coming from its contents. "We at AIM have been experimenting with nanotechnology and gamma microdosing. Overseas trials in the Savage Land have had promising results, and we would like to offer you exclusive ground-floor access. In fact..." MODOK's hologram and the warehouse's lights go out at the same time, except the light directly above the table.

"We insist on it."

The lights immediately come back on, leaving MODOK sinisterly grinning in bright light a moment earlier than he seems to have expected, and his chair quickly dips to allow him to grab the injection gun. "These nanobots release a regular, minor dosage of gamma radiation within your bloodstream." Hovering back up, he begins adjusting various bits and bobs on the gun as he continues. "We've found this very effective for inducing enhanced regenerative effects in human and human-adjacent individuals, with very few studied long-term effects." Returning his attention upwards, MODOK lowers the gun to his side. "Their construction only allows them to function for approximately a day before shutting down."

Swooping to place the nanobot gun on the table in front of you all, MODOK steeples his fingers and looks across the team's expressions. "So. In return for some of you performing our first field trials with these nanomachines, we will provide you with the complete plans to the Baxter Building. I should think this an easy bargain, considering the certain benefits simply to your longevity in the endurance test that shall be-"

The lights drop again.

"-the greatest criminal endeavor of OUR TIME!"

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Titania

This whole plan was starting to sound good and fun. Titania owed the FF more than a few broken ribs, and doubly so if certain friends of theirs were hanging around. So wrapped up in the thought of the faces she'd punch, she basically didn't listen to anything else MODOK had to say.

"Sign me the hell up, then! Punchin' rock-jaw in the mouth is always good for a laugh."

It was overconfident and under-informed decisions like these that made Mary's life so difficult...

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Patch

The diminutive bartender snorts a laugh, folding his arms across his chest and crossing his legs. "So we're stealin' one scientist's work while usin' somethin' another one discovered to make ourselves more'n human?" He shakes his head, looking at the others assembled around the room.

"Fishbowl, Sidekickman, and Doctor Giant Octopus might be inta poo poo like that, but professionals like me 'n Taskmaster aren't too keen on dopin' with the untested stuff." For a moment, Patch has a haunted, faraway look in his eyes, his voice dropping slightly. "Black ops government style, the kinda poo poo you force on someone and wipe their memory clean doin'.. kinda poo poo that sets a man on a path ta kill every one of those fuckers who took his life from him.." The man's face darkens as he talks, and only when a drop of blood falls from his palm to his pants leg does he snap out of his furious fugue, blinking as he watches the fingernail marks on his hands heal up quickly. He's quite for a moment before he scoffs, his previous cocksure attitude coming back. Titania's exuberance catches him off guard for a moment.

"Big Bertha, yer already a science experiment gone wrong, ain'tcha? You think it's a good idea to let another mad scientist pump you full of happy juice?"

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Titania's enthusiasm drops just as quickly back in to rage.

"One more word outta you, shrimp, and you're going to learn how to fly real fast, and walk through walls the hard way." she growls back through clenched teeth.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Bob

Bob walks up and grabs the injector, popping it into his neck without hesitation.

"Sure thing, boss."

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Doctor Demonicus

The Doctor crosses his arms as he watches MODOK, thinking to himself that at least some in this business have not forgotten the ideals of true villainy. Demonicus considers the offer for a few moments...He's no stranger to radiation, certainly, but gamma radiation was something else entirely. Still, the suit should be able to contain any truly threatening side effects.

"My dear MODOK...I accept your offer. After all, what is the worst that can happen?" He mutters to himself, "More cancer?"

He pulls off one of his gloves and exposes the veins on his wrist. His skin is a sickly yellow, rotted and tumorous. And the smell...

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Mysterio

"I'm....not so sure about this. I have issues controlling my temper as is, I don't need gamma radiation making it harder. Besides, having actual superpowers is kinda...against my whole deal. It'd be like if I used CGI!"

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Everyone but Bob winces as he heroically plunges the syringe into his neck, but, after a moment, when it becomes apparent that he is not about to become Bob, Agent of S.M.A.S.H., MODOK raises a fist in the air and exclaims a jubilant "Yes!" The sudden force of his outburst causes both of his AIM associates to wince away as he continues. "See? Entirely safe! Who's next?" Frank gives Bob a reassuring pat on the back as Jeff picks up the syringe and distributes the remaining gammabots to the other willing study participants.

quote:

Bob, Demonicus, Titania (I believe), and whoever else wants some sweet radioactive medication, go ahead and add the Gamma Microdosing SFX to your primary power sets. Everyone else, take 1 XP as consolation for not being part of the cutting edge of injecting yourself with radioactive stuff some guys gave you in a warehouse.

As MODOK's associate kneels down to put the injector back in its briefcase, he turns to the assembled crew and grins. "To business!" Re-engaging the hologram of the Baxter Building, MODOK smiles as the hand-drawn guts are quickly replaced by a detailed 3D interior model of the Fantastic Four's headquarters. "The first phase of our endeavor is to secure our transportation. Luckily, thanks to our hacking efforts subversion of the Baxter Building's surveillance, we know that the perfect vehicle is currently protected simply by one-"

He scoffs, as a figure takes shape next to the tower.

"PhD graduate."

Reed Richards, wearing sweats and a weathered t-shirt that fits him uncomfortably well, stands before you, munching on a bowl of cereal.

"He will, of course, be no problem for you. And then, you will acquire from his person the keys to the most ADVANCED VEHICLE KNOWN TO HUMANKIND-"

From within the hologram of the Baxter Building, another hologram explodes. Bits of the tower shower around it as it expands to its full majesty.

"THE FANTASTICAR!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Titania

Busy tentatively flexing her newly gamma infused biceps with a malicious grin on her face, Mary glances up at the screen as the Baxter Building hangar appears. Instantly brought back to her Frightful Four days, and the brawls she'd had in there, smashing not one but TWO separate *Things at the same time! But when Dr. Richards appears on screen, her memory sours, recalling the humiliating defeats all those fights had ended up being. How do you live down being flung through ten titanium reinforced concrete walls by a goddamn human slingshot that talks like a 50's Dad? Ugh. She'd promised her self after the first time that if she ever got another chance, she'd rip his stupid head off, but honestly, was that even possible? She failed every chance she got. She can beat the whole stupid Fantastic Four, but not one stretchy jackass. Pathetic.

Going to claim an XP for ruminating on how much of a failure Titania is re: decapitating Reed Richards. Someone's probably going to have to remind her what the job is when they get there.

"*whatever happened to that Lady Thing anyway? Not the new one with the pink hair, but... actually, what happened with that one either?"