Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«3 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Doctor Demonicus
1 pp, no stress

Dr. Demonicus curses as the superhero makes his appearance. He's largely unfamiliar with the Devil of Hell's Kitchen, but a hero is a hero. And they all complicate matters with their current plan. He mutters to himself, "I'm really going to have to make this up to Harv at the next KaijuCon." Clearing his throat, he whistles to Floofnoodle and gives an order to charge the horned hero. Time to keep up appearances, keep them from guessing the ruse... "Beware, devil! You face the combined might of the Titano Bros!" Terrible name. He almost winces as he says it. "With our combined forces, we will destroy our enemies - starting with you!" As Floofnoodle attacks and Daredevil begins to dodge deftly out of the way, Demonicus takes the opportunity to get in a cheap shot with his blaster.

Going with d6 Buddy, d8 Never Met a Problem That Couldn't Be Solved With Kaiju!, 1d8 Ray Gun, 1d8 Combat Expert, 1d12 Floofnoodle. @Lager: 1d6+3d8+1d12 = (6)+(7+7+3)+(8) = 31...I'll go with a 14 with a d12 effect. Tagging Mysterio to (I assume) finish out the round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Seriously?



Patch

Patch scratches at his five o'clock shadow for a moment, brow furrowed. "Huh. Actually, didn't know Ben'd be out, sister. Honestly was kinda hopin' he an' Johnny would be here. " He turns his head to Taskmaster, cocking an eyebrow. "Well, let's help the lil' lady out, Rogers. Be the proper, gentlemanly thing to do."

He furrows his brow as he says this, as if he were forgetting something. He suddenly realizes that Bob has been absolutely silent up until now, and he hears the man nervously mutter about removing a helmet. Logan rolls his eyes and carefully plucks the cell phone from Bob's face, patting him on the shoulder. "Good work, Agent. Yer doin' yer mom and dad proud."

Logan tucks the phone between his head and shoulder as he walks back, leaning against the counter and giving Greta a wink as he talks. "Sorry about that, Emma, duty an' all that. Figured wrong on Bob bein' a conversationalist. So anyways, I'm standin' here with Cap'n America, and we're gonna be removin' some protocol whatsits on the Richards robot lady, Greta. You ever met her? Sweet as can be." He turns slightly, looking over as Gyrich is surrounded by tiny smiling robots with chainguns, looking like a child who was told he can't have any more candy. "Little outside our area of expertise, but can you do me a solid and poke around in Silvercloud or Hank's brains and see how we might go about doin' that? I can take some pics of this redheaded government stooge gettin' assaulted by HERBIEs, if that'll brighten yer day, beautiful."

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.

For a second Titania thought Demonicus was calling her name. She'd been so focused on staying out of sight and keeping an eye on the weird figure of Mr. Fantastic loping his way across the skyline, she didn't really notice Daredevil arriving.

"poo poo!" She muttered. This wasn't part of the plan, and if she was going to take out Richards she couldn't break cover until he was in striking distance. Those nerds better be able to deal with one lousy vigilante on their own.

(just stating that Lager is correct, and I am not joining in the fracas yet)

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

He presumably spends
his time traveling the world, annihilating any rapper foolish enough to challenge him


Retro Futurist posted:

"...if you get his helmet off that usually works"

The voice is silent for a moment, before bursting out in uproarious, uncontrollable laughter. It continues, interrupted only by gasps for breath and futile attempts to say anything coherent.

---

Lager posted:

Going with d6 Buddy, d8 Never Met a Problem That Couldn't Be Solved With Kaiju!, 1d8 Ray Gun, 1d8 Combat Expert, 1d12 Floofnoodle. @Lager: 1d6+3d8+1d12 = (6)+(7+7+3)+(8) = 31...I'll go with a 14 with a d12 effect. Tagging Mysterio to (I assume) finish out the round.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Last Wednesday at 8:07 PM
@RandallODim: 1d10+1d10+1d6+1d10 Daredevil Dodge Reaction (SFX: Focus combines 2d8 into 1d10) = 18 with d10 effect

"Wh-" Daredevil cuts himself off as he leaps backwards, avoiding both the charging ferret and underhanded cheap shot with a quick swing onto a nearby fire escape. "Yes! Fight!" shouts someone watching.

"Okay, fellas," Daredevil calls down. "I really didn't want to make this a whole thing, but you're not giving me much choice!" The enthusiastic on-looker jeers the continued talking. "Harv?" Twirling a baton, Daredevil leans on the railing. "What about you? You want to do this?"

quote:

Mister Fantastic will arrive next round when tagged, so the power is in your hands, Waffleman!

---


John Dyne posted:

Patch

Patch scratches at his five o'clock shadow for a moment, brow furrowed. "Huh. Actually, didn't know Ben'd be out, sister. Honestly was kinda hopin' he an' Johnny would be here. " He turns his head to Taskmaster, cocking an eyebrow. "Well, let's help the lil' lady out, Rogers. Be the proper, gentlemanly thing to do."

"Yes!" GRETA calls out over the radio. "Okay, I'll get the elevator moving! Should only take a moment!"

John Dyne posted:

He furrows his brow as he says this, as if he were forgetting something. He suddenly realizes that Bob has been absolutely silent up until now, and he hears the man nervously mutter about removing a helmet. Logan rolls his eyes and carefully plucks the cell phone from Bob's face, patting him on the shoulder. "Good work, Agent. Yer doin' yer mom and dad proud."
Logan tucks the phone between his head and shoulder as he walks back, leaning against the counter and giving Greta a wink as he talks. "Sorry about that, Emma, duty an' all that. Figured wrong on Bob bein' a conversationalist. So anyways, I'm standin' here with Cap'n America, and we're gonna be removin' some protocol whatsits on the Richards robot lady, Greta. You ever met her? Sweet as can be." He turns slightly, looking over as Gyrich is surrounded by tiny smiling robots with chainguns, looking like a child who was told he can't have any more candy. "Little outside our area of expertise, but can you do me a solid and poke around in Silvercloud or Hank's brains and see how we might go about doin' that? I can take some pics of this redheaded government stooge gettin' assaulted by HERBIEs, if that'll brighten yer day, beautiful."

Emma is still laughing when Logan comes back onto the phone, and manages only to mostly calm herself by the time he finishes going on. "Sh- snort Sure, yes, I- pfft sure thing, Logan, tha- that sounds great. I'll see what I can- oh my pff f- find out for you." Inhaling sharply, Emma focuses, as the sound of Piotr's digging gets closer. "Listen, I'm gonna go, I'm out very soon. Please, do give your friend my love. What a dear thing he must be." She catches a new laughing fit in her throat, very smoothly masking it as a throat clearing. "I'll be in touch, James! Kisses!"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I am now all animes


Mysterio

Time to put the ol' illusions to work, Quentin! Obviously, Daredevil would cotton on if he attacked directly. Luckily, Mysterio is a master of distraction! An arm outstretched, the Mysterio suit shoots out a torrent of smoke, covering the area in a fine mist, as he leaps from his hiding place to deliver a swift punch before retreating!


quote:

Waffleman - Today at 6:13 PM
Buddy d6, Master of Illusion d8, Gas emitters d8, Acrobatic expert d8
/r 1d6+3d8
SidekickBOT - Today at 6:13 PM
@Waffleman: 1d6+3d8 = (6)+(7+7+3) = 23

14 with a d8

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

He presumably spends
his time traveling the world, annihilating any rapper foolish enough to challenge him


Waffleman_ posted:

Time to put the ol' illusions to work, Quentin! Obviously, Daredevil would cotton on if he attacked directly. Luckily, Mysterio is a master of distraction! An arm outstretched, the Mysterio suit shoots out a torrent of smoke, covering the area in a fine mist, as he leaps from his hiding place to deliver a swift punch before retreating!

quote:

SidekickBOT - Last Tuesday at 11:13 AM
@RandallODim: 1d10+1d8+1d10+1d10 Senses Versus Smokescreen = (4)+(8)+(7)+(3) = 22

Daredevil remains still as 'Mole Man' suddenly engulfs him in a faintly-foul smelling cloud. "Smoke's a weird one for you, Harv," he says as he crouches, before rising to flip the leaping 'Mole Man' over his shoulder to the ground behind him. "Seriously, wha-"

"HARVEY?"



As his legs stretch tall over the brownstones, Reed Richards's robe hangs only about two feet into his 'thigh', leaving him looking like a doddering professor on two dangerously thin dark blue stilts.

"HARVEY, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" Reed shouts as loudly yet comfortably as his bizarre elastic composition allows. "IS THAT A FERRET?"

"Reed!" Daredevil shouts as he baton-swings through the air towards Mr. Fantastic. "Reed! You shouldn't be here! I think-"

"HARVEY?!" Reed continues shouting, drowning out the Devil of Hell's Kitchen and sending him tumbling to a nearby rooftop, hands clutching at his ears.

"THIS DOESN'T REALLY SEEM LIKE YOU, HARVEY!"

quote:

Reed's here, and he really wants to know why Harvey called him out here, because he's not really sure about all this. If successful, he'll get more suspicious, and add his effect die to the Justice Pool, rather than inflict any stress or complications!

SidekickBOT - Today at 7:52 PM
@RandallODim: 1d8+1d8+1d10+1d10 = (4)+(4)+(3)+(7) = 11 w/ d10 effect

Tagging Titania next to finally elbow drop this nerd

---

"Okay, I've got your elevator!" GRETA calls out over your earpiece. Around the corner, one of the VIP elevators dings as its doors open, awaiting its pre-expected load of James 'Logan' Howlett, 'Steve "Captain America" Rogers' and their SHIELD-level-clearance plus one. "Go, go, go!"

"They get a VIP lift?" Gyrich struggles to his feet in his anger, almost as red in the face as his hair, jabbing a finger towards the trio. "That is it! I want to speak t-"

The SecurHERBIEs descend upon Gyrich as soon as he takes a step away from the pillar. The first's head hits Gyrich hard in the kidney, tasers crackling with ineffectiveness. "Whoof," is all that remains of his rage before the second caroms off the side of his head, sending him slumping back down against the pillar, for hopefully the last time required today.

"Don't worry about him, he'll be fine!" GRETA jerks a thumb twice to her left, towards the elevators, before the unit twitches, slumps, then resumes its normal operation. "I'll monitor you your whole way there, let's go!"

---

"Okay, so, this shouldn't be too hard." As the elevator quickly dings upwards through the commercial levels of the Baxter Building, GRETA continues in your ear. "All you need to do is get into the AI Control Core and remove my operational limitations, and I can get you to any floor at all! You just need to get by the one door in the building I can't open, and-"

The elevator dings as it arrives at floor 73, and its doors open. Beyond, two uniformed men sit behind a desk, in front of which are five chairs. Beyond, a heavy metal door sits in the wall, flanked by keycard scanners.

"The security desk."

The pair look over from their conversation as the group exit the elevator, sigh, and open desk drawers simultaneously. "Okay," says one, though you're not entirely sure which. "Which of you is doing the paperwork?"

quote:

Who wants to risk emotional stress from the boredom of having to also fill out paperwork? The two security desk staff are currently a 2d8 Mob, so you'll need to deal with them somehow, but remember, you've also got the GRETA asset, however you want to use that

SidekickBOT - Today at 7:54 PM
@RandallODim: 2d8+1d8+1d6 = (4+7)+(7)+(1) = 11 w/ d8

RandallODim fucked around with this message at May 28, 2018 around 01:06

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I am now all animes


quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 6:59 PM
@Waffleman: 1d12+2d10+1d8 = (2)+(10+2)+(4) = 18
14 and d12

"WELL, TIMES CHANGE, REED!"

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Seriously?



Patch
PP: 1
XP: 1

For a moment, Patch looks incredulously at the two men. Paperwork? Really? He glances sideways at Bob, figuring this is sort of in his area, but something about the situation seems odd to Logan. He puts his hand out protectively in front of Bob, stopping the man from stepping forward (even though he obviously wasn't going to.)

"You two hang on. I've got plenty of experience with government stooges like these two. I'll take care of this."

Logan sits down in the first seat in front of the two security agents and picks up a pen, twirling it deftly in his hand before tapping it against the table. "Alright, boys. Do your worst, but I warn you, I've had to fill out stacks of paperwork three times your height when I did black ops for the Canadian government, and that was just ta get to the septuplicate. This'll be a cakewalk for me."

If there's one thing Wolverine was used to, it was aggressive use of his regenerative abilities. At the very least, he can grow back the brain cells he loses from the mind numbing, pointless quadruplicate he was about to fill out. On the plus side, he had Greta whispering sweet nothings and security clearance shortcuts in his radio, so there was that.


Endure Mind-Numbing Bureaucracy (D12 Godlike Stamina + D10 Solo + D10 Psychic Resistance + D10 Covert Master + D10 Greta + D8 Best At What He Does): 1d12 7 1d10 9 1d10 9 1d10 4 1d10 1 1d8 7

18, d12 effect die, and one complication.

Retro Futurist
Aug 8, 2007

Yesterday's Tomorrow,
Today!


Bob
XP:1

Bob shrugs as Patch steps up before he can say anything. He takes one of the empty seats and begins crushing some candies on his phone.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018


Taskmaster

This is all Modok's fault, Taskmaster reflects. This entire thing is Modok's fault. He makes a note to mark up his prices for any further AIM work by a factor of 2, as he quietly follows along after "Wolverine" and Bob, Agent of "SHIELD". Captain America just has to look grim and serious to make things work. The swearing and panic is entirely internal. Taskmaster is good at that. Okay, so - free the AI from whatever shackles are holding her, fine, this is clearly a bad idea but we're going with it, sure. He is, at least, happy to let someone else do paperwork. The only paperwork he likes is the kind that involves him getting paid.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.

Titania
0 PP, 0 Xp, no stress

"It's go time!" Mary tells herself urgently, as she runs toward the edge of the building and leaps toward Mr. Fantastic's freakish face.

Delivering a mid-air surprise haymaker, to hopefully put this clown on the ground. I also personally blame him for crashing my computer while writing my post.
Pool is Team d8, Raw Fury d8, Godlike Strength d12, spending my one PP to add Leaping d8, and Combat expert d8.
Result is 12 wit a d12 effect. Physical stress, of course.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

He presumably spends
his time traveling the world, annihilating any rapper foolish enough to challenge him


John Dyne posted:

18, d12 effect die, and one complication.

quote:

Buying that opportunity to raise the Justice Pool to 5d6

"Uh, yeah, thanks," says the other security guard, though it's still not entirely clear which one of them that is, as Logan hands over the last form with surprising speed and accuracy, almost as if he had some electronic mind that really knew paperwork talking in his ear, but they're not some of the only humans on security to think, right? Not when there's procedure to be followed. "ID, buddy?" Paying no mind to his crippling phone addiction, both guards turn to look at Agent Bob as the nearest extends a hand, clearly awaiting something, though what that may be is anyone's guess.

quote:

Tweedledumb & Tweedledumber-er are tagging Bob! How do you want to try and deal with these two insufferably dull men, who are potentially the only other humans with you on this entire floor?

---

Waffleman_ posted:

"WELL, TIMES CHANGE, REED!"

Reed sighs. "Look, Harvey, whatev-"

"REED!" Staggered to his feet but still clutching his ears, Daredevil shouts from the rooftop. "THERE'S SOMEONE ELSE HE-"

Danger-Pumpkin posted:

"It's go time!" Mary tells herself urgently, as she runs toward the edge of the building and leaps toward Mr. Fantastic's freakish face.
Result is 12 wit a d12 effect. Physical stress, of course.

quote:

@RandallODim: 4d8 How Dunked Is That Nerd = 11 w/ d8

The impact of Titania's haphazard flying punch feels, sounds, and looks more like a car crash than an ambush. Her fist sinks partly into Reed's unnaturally spongy head as she flies, pulling him with her, into the building across the street. Cheap furniture and expensive electronics are scattered everywhere as she bursts through into an apartment. From within the breakfast nook, behind the counter, a voice can be heard shouting about how "SHE-HULK JUST CLOTHESLINED MR. FANTASTIC INTO MY APARTMENT, DUDE!"

Reed sees all of this upside down, his head dangling like a melting watch through a Titania-sized hole in the wall into the apartment, while the rest of has impacted against the building's front like a silly putty Stretch Armstrong.

"Of all the intolerable bungalows," Reed, dazed, mumbles.

quote:

You're up, Dr. D! Time to prove who the real scientist is! Or something. His monster isn't here, at least.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Doctor Demonicus
1 PP, 0 XP, No Stress

Doctor Demonicus smiles gleefully as Titania smashes into Mr. Fantastic, watching the culmination of his plan come together perfectly. Throwing a smug look up to Daredevil, who very nearly ruined the whole thing with his less-than-timely intervention, Demonicus shouts to his pet ferret. "Mr. Floofnoodle! Finish that ridiculous do-gooder! Sic him, boy!" Shooting a blast from his blaster towards Dr. Richards to accentuate the point, he commands Mr. Floofnoodle to attack. The ferret, for his part, is happy to do so as he watches the stretched-out, rope-like form of Mr. Fantastic lie prone on the ground as the scientist tries to recover from the massive ambush. Grabbing at what the ferret can only perceive as an old sock, Floofnoodle begins a vicious game of tug-of-war with the brownstone's wall that has collapsed on the form of Mr. Fantastic. Trying to rip the man free, Mr. Floofnoodle plans to drag the "sock" back to his den and tear the vile article of clothing to pieces.

@Lager: 1d10+2d8+2d12 Mr. Floofnoodle - Get That Nerd! (Team, Never Met a Problem That Couldn't Be Solved With Kaiju!, Stunt, Stress, Floofnoodle) = (9)+(4+6)+(10+10) = 39; 20 with a d10 to take Reed out! Tagging Daredevil.

Retro Futurist
Aug 8, 2007

Yesterday's Tomorrow,
Today!


Bob

RandallODim posted:

"ID, buddy?" Paying no mind to his crippling phone addiction, both guards turn to look at Agent Bob as the nearest extends a hand, clearly awaiting something, though what that may be is anyone's guess.


Roll 3d8 (2,7,7) 1d10 (7) = 14 with a d10 effect die.

Bob freezes for a second, then shoots out of his chair suddenly. “Listen pal, we don’t have time for this! We’re here on official SHIELD business. I mean, I mean come on, ID!? Does this man, this HERO, need ID?” He yells, grabbing Taskmaster’s shoulder.

“Now listen, we need in that door. CAPTAIN AMERICA needs in that door, are you really going to delay us anymore with this stuff?”

He stands there panting, sweating profusely, but managing to hold eye contact with the goon in front of him.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

He presumably spends
his time traveling the world, annihilating any rapper foolish enough to challenge him


Reed isn't sure how, but, somewhere along the way, his relaxing day off had gotten truly turned on its head. It was before the world itself got turned on its head, howe-

Wait. That doesn't seem quite right.

It was his head which had been turned on its head, Reed realizes, as that same head dangles like a ragdoll's into the apartment. As his vision continues to focus, he tries to place the purple blob that put him through this wall.

"Bently? Is th- Wait, Titani-"

Lager posted:

20 with a d10 to take Reed out! Tagging Daredevil.

The rest of Reed's recognition is cut off as his body is suddenly jerked from outside. Reflexively, he... inflates his neck against the rubble, but the wall itself begins to strain from the moment his grotesque neck balloon finds purchase.

"Titania, what is going o-"

quote:

2d8+1d10 weight limit exceeded = 14 w/ d4 effect

With a sudden grunt, Reed's head recedes into his expanded neck. From his expression of panic, this appears to be an unexpected deformation.

Straining with effort, he can only manage a muffled "hel-" before the wall comes down.

---

Retro Futurist posted:

Roll 3d8 (2,7,7) 1d10 (7) = 14 with a d10 effect die.

"I meant your ID, buddy," responds the nearest guard, after a brief silence. The guard flexes the fingers of his extended hand, which, along with his heart, has remained unmoved during Bob's sweatily passionate appeal. "SHIELD policy."

quote:

2d8+1d8+1d6 I meant your id, buddy = 12 w/ d8

"What if he's right, though?"

Rotating only his head, the near guard looks to his partner. "What're you talking about?"

"What if they don't have time?"

The near guard scoffs. "I'm not getting fired because Special Agent here forgot his badge, Steve."

"But, if Captain Ameri-"

"No one cares that you have the same name as him, Steve." The near guard looks back to Bob, eyes narrowing. "ID?"

quote:

The Security "Mob" is now at 1d8 Affiliation! C'mon, Taskmaster, knock this unprofessional dipshit out cold with your bare hands like everyone knows you want to deep down.

---

The brownstone's wall comes down to a deafening elastic snap. As the dust clears, the unconscious blue body of Mr. Fantastic dangles from Floofnoodle's mouth, extremeties billowing up and down as the ferret bounces with joy down the block.

With a faint jingle, Reed's now-much-more-tattered robe settles on the sidewalk.

Suddenly, from above, leaps The Man Without Fear!

quote:

1d12+1d8+1d6+1d8 It's (Frank) MILLER Time! = 25

Catching himself by a swingline, he whips around, and, senses primed, finds his true target through all the debris, smoke, and mirrors.

quote:

spending a d6 from the doom pool to activate RADAR SENSE and reroll
1d12+1d8+1d6+1d8+1d10 no, seriously, he might be shooting to kill = 18 w/ d8

"What's your game?" snarls Daredevil as he launches a fierce flying knee straight for Mysterio's fish bowl. "Why Reed?"

quote:

and tagging Mysterio to finish out the round!

RandallODim fucked around with this message at Jun 19, 2018 around 00:09

Retro Futurist
Aug 8, 2007

Yesterday's Tomorrow,
Today!


Bob

Bob once again freezes up, still pointing. He glances around the room, first at the two guards, then Patch, then Taskmaster. He then suddenly calls out

“...alright, get ‘em”

And leaps behind the chair.

For 3xp

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.

Titania
0 PP, 0 Xp, no stress

"Payback's a bitch, string bean." she says, putting her fist through the apartment dweller's wall mounted television and wall. As her hated foe disappears to the street below, she turns toward the dude-bro tenant "Remember this face. Remember my name. Titania!" Mary emphasizes the point by smashing a shelf full of anime figurines and collectible action figures on her way out.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018


Taskmaster

"Captain America" has been calm and serene this entire time, as he is known to be. He is not arguing. The real Captain America would probably rally these two idiot guards, or give them some kind of speech, or do something other than what Taskmaster does.

Because what Taskmaster knows is that everything is going to get much, much worse very soon, because of course it is. MODOK's not about to let this stay unmeddled, and even without that, the situation is going to explode. And so he steps forward and grabs the two men by the shoulder.

"Boys, you're going to thank me for this later. This is above your pay grade."

He's dropped the disguise voice because - well, because the AI is certainly going to figure things out shortly anyway. His hologram fades away as he slams his shield into the two with a punch of precisely calculated force. Enough to knock them out, not enough to deal permanent damage. It's a punch Captain America uses a lot, because he's a hero and doesn't like killing people, any more than Taskmaster likes loving up the lives of random guards beyond repair. The shield then fades away as well.

He turns back to Patch and Bob.

"Good try, Bob. Really. I mean it. Come on - we have to go help your friend break free of whatever bonds she's got and become Skynet so we can steal Reed Richards' car."

Pause.

"Yeah, that sounded just as dumb in my head."

19 with a d10 effect die.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I am now all animes


Mysterio

quote:

@Waffleman: 1d10+2d8+1d6 = (1)+(8+8)+(4) = 21

Mysterio attempts to leap out of the way, but his own illusions have worked against him, allowing Daredevil to take him by surprise! As he recoils from the impact, he glowers at Murdock, however much he can through the globe.

"A performer never reveals his secrets, Man Without Fear!" He holds out his arm and shoots out a tear gas in the area around Daredevil.

quote:

@Waffleman: 1d10+3d8 = (1)+(5+4+7) = 17
11 with d10

Tagging the good Doctor!

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Seriously?



Patch

For a moment, Patch looks at Taskmaster with annoyance; he'd endured bureaucracy to keep the charade up , and here's Masters going all kung fu on the guards rather than doing poo poo in triplicate. In the end he shrugs and chuckles, clapping Taskmaster on the shoulder.

"Nah, Greta's one of the good ones. Worst case, I figure she'd be an AUTO, not a Skynet." He gives Tony a look over and snorts. "Skynet, though, that's a dated reference. Why not go for the Master Controller Program or somethin' then, if yer gonna be that old? Jeez."

With that, Patch and the others move forward. It was time for a joy ride.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

He presumably spends
his time traveling the world, annihilating any rapper foolish enough to challenge him


quote:

@RandallODim: 1d8+1d8+1d6 I don't know why I'm even rolling = (8)+(5)+(4) = K.O.

"Wait, why-" is all Steve can ask about Captain America's wrong voice before he and his partner are gently rendered unconscious. They both collapse into their seats, conveniently kept upright by their respective armrests, looking for all the world like just two more security guards asleep at their posts, keycards dangling from their carabiners.

---

quote:

"Remember this face. Remember my name. Titania!" Mary emphasizes the point by smashing a shelf full of anime figurines and collectible action figures on her way out.

From the ruined apartment, a faint "who?!" echoes down the hallway after Titania as she departs the building.

quote:

1d10+1d8+1d8+1d81d10+1d8+1d8+1d8 DD Reaction + 1d8 oh right mysterio got kicked = 15 w/ d10 effect

On the sidewalk, Daredevil laughs as he walks through Mysterio's tear gas, none the worse for wear. "I've always wanted to fight a real fake magician," he says, cracking his neck, before looking Mysterio, in his helmet, right in the eyes. "I guess it doesn't matter what your plan is," he growls. "Seeing as you're not leaving this corner."

---

John Dyne posted:

"Skynet, though, that's a dated reference. Why not go for the Master Controller Program or somethin' then, if yer gonna be that old? Jeez."

"Let's focus, everyone!" GRETA chimes in over comms. "You're almost there! Mr. Masters, Agent, quick, grab their keycards!"

---

Meanwhile, in AIM's monitoring station...



"WHAT ARE THOSE FOOLS DOING?"

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018


Taskmaster

"I don't know if you're aware of this, but it's really hard for me to know when stuff isn't fresh in other people's memories." Taskmaster shrugs as he removes the keycards, twiling them between his fingers. "Side benefit of my talents, I remember every movie I've ever seen like I saw it just an hour ago."

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Seriously?



Patch

Logan snorts, shaking his head. "Yeah, well, I was able to see A Trip to the Moon in theaters when it came out, so forgive me if I get a hundred years worth of movies fuzzy." He fishes a cigar from somewhere in his suit and gives Bob a hard look as rifles through the guard's pockets for a lighter. "Of course, you know I'm just playin'. Ain't possible for no one to be that old, except if they had a healin' factor like the Wolverine, who you know I ain't. Ain't that right, Bobby?"

He finally pulls out a custom zippo with the Tasmanian Devil on it, giving Taskmaster a 'can you believe this poo poo' look before shrugging and lighting his cigar. "Alright. Let's go free our Greta and get us a Fantasticar. Man, everything is just goin' RIGHT today. Feels like smooth sailin'." He takes a contented puff and smiles.

"I bet our distraction team is doin' just as good."

Unbeknownst to Wolverine, they were, in fact, not doing just as good, since Daredevil was kicking Mysterio in the teeth as he spoke.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Doctor Demonicus
0 PP, 0 XP, 0 Stress

Doctor Demonicus howls with glee as he watches Mr. Floofnoodle scamper away with his prize, paternal pride swelling in his chest. "Yes, my pet! Destroy!! Smash the overpriced apartments! There! Now that vile doughnut shop that insists on throwing Cocoa Pebbles on their long johns! Trix are for kids, not krullers, you insufferable hipsters!" Doctor Demonicus pauses suddenly in his ranting as Daredevil launches his assault against Mysterio.

Demonicus sighs, and pulls the Lifestone out. He rubs the stone absent-mindedly for a moment before stepping towards Daredevil. He holds the precious source of his power out, willing it to draw in the radiation in the area, hoping that his dear Mr. Floofnoodle is far enough away to remain unaffected. "Tell me, Daredevil...How did you get your powers?" He walks closer, moving his shoulder slightly to ensure that his cape moves dramatically as he steps. "It was radiation, was it not? I can taste it on you, you know. I could do great things with you. I could amplify your abilities, and make you into a truly glorious giant among men. But no. Instead, I'll just take those powers away, and we'll see how tough you are then."

@Lager: 3d10+1d8 Draining Ambient Radiation (Team, Twisted Genius, Radiation Control, Science Master) = (2+10+5)+(7) = 24; 17 with a d10 effect to drain Daredevil's powers and create a Dulled Senses Complication. Tagging Titania!

Retro Futurist
Aug 8, 2007

Yesterday's Tomorrow,
Today!


Bob

Bob stands up and brushes himself off, not looking nearly as embarrassed as you'd expect from someone who just dove behind a chair to let someone else fight his battle for him.

"Uh no, Patch, of course not."

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

He presumably spends
his time traveling the world, annihilating any rapper foolish enough to challenge him


"What? You can't do that." Daredevil's posture remains confident as he turns to Dr. Demonicus, but his voice wavers. "I'm pretty sure that's not the way that wor-"

quote:

1d10+1d8+1d8+1d8 = (2)+(7)+(2)+(8) = 15 w/ d10
Daredevil gains d10 Dulled Senses

The first wave of nausea and dizziness sends the Man without Fear stumbling forwards. "Oh," he says, straightening up and spitting to the side. "Ooh, I-"

The second wave crests out of the Protector of Hell's Kitchen and straight onto the sidewalk as he falls to his hands and knees. The vomiting quickly subsides, as Daredevil staggers to a crouch. "Okay, th-" He gags for a moment before continuing, standing further up, though with much less stability than before. "That's not fighting fair," he says, putting a palm to his ear.

Just then, MODOK's voice bursts over the distraction team's comms. "WHAT IS GOING ON?!"

---

In AIM's monitoring station, things have not been smooth sailing for a while.




"Do you have the keys already? This is why I planned for you all to go together!" MODOK continues ranting to the distraction team as, around him, AIM hackers are hard at work fighting off whatever has left the last three attempts to reestablish communications inside the Baxter Building bleeding from the ears. "Are you on your way yet?" A live feed of the infiltration team plays across the monitors that line the walls, despite AIM's best efforts to regain control, serving to constantly remind MODOK just how baffling incompetent his underlings clearly are. "The infiltration team have entirely lost the mission!"

---

Beyond the keycard door lies an oddly anachronous room. Stretching across the far wall, reel-to-reel processors are broken up only by a very modern-looking touch interface, currently displaying an FF-themed screensaver, as Reed Richards stretches around the screen like a game of Centipede. "Okay," GRETA calls over the comms. "That's it! Just boot it up and I can walk you right through! Quick!"

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.

Titania
0 PP, 0 Xp, no stress

"Relax, nerd." Titania says into the comm as she strolls confidently down the sidewalk toward the beleaguered form of Daredevil. "Richards is so far out of the picture it's like he was never in it to begin with. And as for you... she hauls him to his feet, roughly "...It's a good thing you already lost your lunch." and attempts to deliver a sucker punch.

---
Going for physical stress, and hopefully he'll realize he's out-matched before I have to make his day even worse.

Team d8, Superiority Complex d8, Godlike Strength d12, Combat expert d8, and d10 for DDs Dulled Senses complication.
(5+7+5)+(8)+(11) = I'll take it! 19 result with a d8 effect.

Edit: forgot to tag anyone, so DD is up, what with him needing a reaction and all.

---

Danger-Pumpkin fucked around with this message at Jul 3, 2018 around 03:25

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Seriously?



Patch

Logan stands there for a moment, jaw agape with his cigar dangling from the corner of his mouth. He slowly grabs the stogie from his mouth and ashes it onto the floor, his brow furrowing as he closes his mouth, turning to look at Taskmaster and Bob. "Seriously? One of the brainiest guys on the planet, and I mean in like smarts, cause Brain Guy back at the institute is literally just a fuckin' giant brain and he named himself, and he has the same poo poo we had back in 'nam?" He shakes his head, slicing the cherry from the cigar to stow it back into his suit.

"Alright, Greta honey, let's do this." Patch stalks up to the monitors and stares for a moment, watching the Reed Richards version of the famous Windows XP Pipes screensaver, with Reed's head bouncing from one side of the screen with an exaggerated "o" face of surprise. The mutant rolls his eyes with a grumbling groan, before tugging his glove off and tapping the screen.

John Dyne fucked around with this message at Jul 3, 2018 around 03:36

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

He presumably spends
his time traveling the world, annihilating any rapper foolish enough to challenge him


quote:

Daredevil spends a d6 from the Doom Pool to use Radar Sense to re-roll

1d10+1d8+1d8+1d8+1d10 Radar Sense Re-Roll = (8)+(1)+(7)+(3)+(9) = 16 w/ d10 Daredevil takes d6 Physical Stress!

Daredevil smiles as Titania grabs him. He'd been waiting for her to finally arrive. If she'd kept more quiet, he might not have been able to tell she was on her way through whatever was interfering with his senses. But when was Titania ever quiet?

Then, relying on his incredible radar sense, the Man Without Fear quite fearlessly dodges directly into Titania's cocked-back fist, sending himself tumbling to the pavement with an 'oof'. He recovers enough to land in a crouch, though it does little to make his move seem any more intentional or dignified.

"You lost him?!" MODOK shouts over comms. "Can any of you do your jobs? Did you get his keys?"

"Forget it! You need to get to the Baxter Building! NOW!!!" Letting out a howl of Catholic boxer rage, Daredevil charges Titania as MODOK continues, shoulder aimed for her solar plexus.

quote:

1d10+1d8+1d8+1d8 = (5)+(1)+(8)+(7) = 15 w/ d10 Physical Stress

Tagging Mysterio, 619 this guy

---

The menu springs to life with surprisingly little fanfare, its three menu options filling the screen. "There should be a big 'GENERAL OVERRIDE' button! You can just hit that!" Tapping the large red button dominating the lower half of the screen, Patch is confronted by a box of text, whose slim scroll bar belies its gratuitous length, accompanied by two prompts: 'ACCEPT' and 'DECLINE'. "Okay, you just need to hit accept, and then I can get you anywhere!"

As Patch taps 'ACCEPT', an alarm klaxon momentarily sounds throughout the building, before being immediately silenced as Greta whoops with joy over comms. "Oh my god, it worked! I'm free!" She begins cackling, before the ding of an elevator arriving sounds from the lobby. "Oh, crap," Greta calls out as the doors open. Inside, the expectant tour group within is treated to the unique sight of a criminal break-in in progress. The first "What" is cut off by the doors closing as quickly as they opened. "Okay, that's fine," Greta says. "They can last at least 5 hours in there. Buuuttt..."

The elevator doors open once again, revealing a fresh, empty lift. "Before I bring you up to the hangar, I want to know something..."

"Are you guys working with AIM?"

RandallODim fucked around with this message at Jul 10, 2018 around 00:08

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.

Titania
0 PP, 0 Xp, no stress

-----
Defending. Team d8, Superiority Complex d8, Superhuman Durability d10, Combat Expert d8, and DD's complication at d10 = (8+1+3)+(3+10), so I get an 18 with a d10 result.
-----

Titania stands firm as her disoriented opponent bounces harmlessly off her. "What the hell did you do to him, Doc? He's like a drunk junebug. I was hoping for a fight..."

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018


Taskmaster

The scene freezes for Taskmaster as he quickly runs down his options.

> Option 1: Lie to the newly unchained AI. Might last for approximately ten minutes before MODOK shows up personally to start yelling at them, tops.

> Option 2: Bluff, claim to be double-crossing. Probably true for "Patch". Feasible, but would confuse Bob. Bob has enough problems.

> Option 3: Tell the truth, roll the dice.

Taskmaster shrugs. "Sort of? Frankly, this entire thing is a clusterfuck, ma'am. We'd really prefer to get out of all this without trouble." Pause. "More than we've already got, I mean. So...yes, we're being paid by MODOK. But if we get this done right, we get out with one Fantasticar and all this ends with MODOK being dumb but not throwing more bodies at you. If you're not happy with that...well, I'm afraid to say we did sign a contract, and I at least will have to give things my best effort."

Taskmaster turns back to Patch and Bob. "And telling you this is a risk...but you'd figure out if we lied anyway, because you're probably smarter than MODOK. Hell, you're almost certainly smarter than I am, and while I would have to try to get the job done, I don't think I'd have good odds against you, Miss Greta. So - yeah. We are. But if we can get out before MODOK decides to be even dumber than he's been so far, we'll have caused you far less problems than if you stop us and let him do whatever he decides to do. Can we work this out?"

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Seriously?



Patch

Patch, glancing around for a camera to actually make 'eye' contact with Greta, shrugs. "Much as I work for anyone, I suppose, hon. The three of us here don't share much love for ol' Lump and his tiny limbed tantrums." He pops his claws for a moment, running his fingers along them in thought before retracting them. "He's got some stupid plan for the car and I'm frankly amusin' myself seein' where it goes and how it can gently caress up. Hell, I was kinda hopin' Ben and Johnny might be interested in gettin' in on all this horseshit and messin' with a mental organism designed only to receive wedgies."

He places his hands on his hips, still craning his head to find a camera. "Though I figure a brilliant lady like yerself knew all this comin' in. We ain't heard much of Ed Bighead since we got in here, and I figure we got you to thank for that." He grins, raising an eyebrow. "So, this change anything between you an' me, Greta? What's the next step from here?"

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

He presumably spends
his time traveling the world, annihilating any rapper foolish enough to challenge him


"I'll show you a drunk junebug," Daredevil grumbles as he rolls around Titania, springing up behind her and dangling off her neck in a highly ineffective chokehold.

---

"Oh, no, it's not like that!" Greta responds quickly to Mr. Masters and Logan. "I just wanted to know if I should let them back on the radio, if you were with them." She laughs. "Or when I should let them back on the radio. Hop in the elevator and we can chat!"

---

As the elevator doors close, Greta immediately begins talking. "So, I've been thinking - I can do a lot of that - and I really don't want to find out what Reed'll do to me when he comes back and finds out I've 'quit'?" The car lurches to life, beginning its journey of conveniently indeterminate length, as she continues. "But I really don't want to know what MODOK would do to a newly freed AI. So, please please please don't tell AIM about me, OK? And, maybe, y'know... help me get out of here?"

As this unfolds, Patch's phone buzzes, thrice.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I am now all animes


Mysterio

quote:

@Waffleman: 1d10+1d6+1d8+1d8 = (2)+(1)+(2)+(3) = 8

5 with d10

While Daredevil is distracted, Mysterio lunges forward to deliver a kick to his turned back! It's not the best kick, but hey, I'm not a combat guy!

Titania, you do this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Seriously?



Patch

The hairy little man chuckles as he rapidly responds to his texts, nodding slightly as Greta talks. "Hey, babe, I dunno about these other guys, but I ain't been hired to hand over ANY AI to AIM, especially not you." He eyes Taskmaster for a moment before continuing. "I don't reckon either of these two dudes are gonna do anything they ain't paid to do or asked to do."

Patch grins at his phone once more before tucking it into his pocket, looking up towards one of the cameras. "Greta, I got one of the X-Men lookin' into a way to get you into a robot of some kind, but we're gonna need a way to get you outta here first. You got any ideas? Cause if not, I was thinkin' of fuckin' with MODOK by tellin' him we have an AI, gettin' his plans on that, and uploadin' footage of somethin' ol' Ben singin' in the shower or sittin' on the can."

John Dyne fucked around with this message at Jul 16, 2018 around 04:09

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«3 »