Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost
This is not at all what I was expecting. I was a bit put off by story-by-monologues t first, but it works well (even if for some reason I felt like I was reading Waiting for Godot in Hell at points). It's going to take me a while and a few re-reads to digest, but at least now I understand why everyone kept recommending it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost
I think I'm going to do the audiobook the second time around, hopefully it lives up to the hype.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I feel like the audiobook would be such a drastically different experience from simply reading the book that it probably should count as a separate work

With 166 narrators, it's more like a high-budge radio play.

I'm generally not a big audiobook fan, I think the structure of the book lends itself to being read aloud (especially by so many people).

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost
We got through half of the Lincoln in the Bardo audio book on the drive to my parent's place yesterday. Totally worth it.

• Locked thread