Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

Orange Devil posted:

Naomi carrying a gun huh?

https://twitter.com/Mi55Tipper/status/1044564923798491137

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Orange Devil posted:

Naomi carrying a gun huh?

NTRabbit posted:

Bobbie is wearing her Goliath Armour in that pic too, so it might be just fun from the art department for the binder

This is the Season 3 promo/ cover art they are reusing

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

MA-Horus posted:

I got a pic from the set, they're doing that colony planet for sure. Kinda reminds me of New Caprica.

ugh lame though the thirsty scientist woman being all gonna jump holden's bones didn't make sense to me when i read the books but now that holden is played by a hot male model guy it makes alot more sense

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

MA-Horus posted:

I got a pic from the set, they're doing that colony planet for sure. Kinda reminds me of New Caprica.
Got a link? I'm very interested in seeing this.

Maybe post it (and other S4 details) in the spoiler thread.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Does Naomi have a thing about carrying guns?

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

Normy posted:

Yeah, he's called Amos.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Normy posted:

She has a thing about not killing people.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
But why Male models?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i just told you that a moment ago

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Baloogan posted:

ugh lame though the thirsty scientist woman being all gonna jump holden's bones didn't make sense to me when i read the books but now that holden is played by a hot male model guy it makes alot more sense

The best bit was the Maneo eye roll over the Hunky Holden newscast story.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Eiba posted:

Got a link? I'm very interested in seeing this.

Maybe post it (and other S4 details) in the spoiler thread.

Done. Just to prove I don't have an uncle that works at Nintendo.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Exciting times

https://twitter.com/PrimeVideo/status/1047272608339619840

RIP Naomi's old hair though. :(

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Alex and Holden have brand new Rocinante jumpsuits :neckbeard:

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
I miss Naomi's old hair but dig Amos' new hair.

In conclusion, future hairstyles are a land of contrast.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Amos' hair...it's almost too good.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

MA-Horus posted:

Amos' hair...it's almost too good.

You're not that guy. He's that guy.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

My boy D best be in Season 4. :derp:

He's dead Jim.

Will never forgive the mods for not making Asses to Asses, Dust to Dust the title though.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Milo and POTUS posted:

He's dead Jim.

Will never forgive the mods for not making Asses to Asses, Dust to Dust the title though.

The actor hasn’t been told he’s dead yet, so I hold hope!

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

There's no way his smirk could repel an elevator of that magnitude.

He ded.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
Bobbie survived a worse fall with a harder impact.
:sweatdrop:

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Should we have a new thread title? Or a new thread, I guess?

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
I hope they abridge the gently caress out of book 4 because seriously that thing is such a slog.

Then again anything may be better than having to read Elvi's POV narration.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

jeeves posted:

I hope they abridge the gently caress out of book 4 because seriously that thing is such a slog.

Then again anything may be better than having to read Elvi's POV narration.

Seriously. I am gonna watch it, but I am not remotely expecting it to be very good unless they pull out a minor miracle and a major amount of turd polish.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

There is a spoiler thread for talking about book stuff if you'd like.

And if it makes you feel better they've already said they will be featuring plots for characters who weren't in Cibola Burns, so we're not going to be getting exclusively Cibola Burns material anyway.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

dreadmojo posted:

Should we have a new thread title? Or a new thread, I guess?

:shrug:

I'd just wait until the new season but that's why I only have, like, 4 threads...

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

AlternateAccount posted:

a major amount of turd polish.

wow thanks for the season 4 spoilers :<

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Wouldn't it be easier to just have a few iPads on the set to read the script. You also don't need to print anything out and you can just send revisions instantly. And you can cmd+f to find your name and lines more quickly. That script looks huge and there's editing to dozens of pages through several days.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Mu Zeta posted:

Wouldn't it be easier to just have a few iPads on the set to read the script. You also don't need to print anything out and you can just send revisions instantly. And you can cmd+f to find your name and lines more quickly. That script looks huge and there's editing to dozens of pages through several days.
Hollywood is weird with archaic stuff like this. Plus the script colors of pages and poo poo.

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

Mu Zeta posted:

because reading on an ipad sucks?

also all you're doing is just introducing the problem of having to charge a bunch of ipads, and oh no, we're on location somehwere without power, well better bring an extra generator so we can power the 20 ipads we need for ~reasons~

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Also its way easier to watermark scripts and keep track of who has a script than if it was an ebook

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender

Eiba posted:

And if it makes you feel better they've already said they will be featuring plots for characters who weren't in Cibola Burns, so we're not going to be getting exclusively Cibola Burns material anyway.
psst it's Cibola Burn, no 's'. Cibola Burns is Mr Burns' second cousin from The Simpsons.

Also, yea, have more faith in the writing team, folks! They've already shown they're real good at modifying, compressing, remixing and dropping parts of the source material that either straight up weren't great, or which don't adapt to TV well. The only worries I have about S4 are generic, "what if the new studio means cuts to parts of the budget or weird controlling changes to the script" type stuff.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

bitprophet posted:

psst it's Cibola Burn, no 's'. Cibola Burns is Mr Burns' second cousin from The Simpsons.
What? Really? Huh, you're right... but Cibola is a place name! I can understand if Cibola is burning you could say like, "Hark, Cibola burns!" But what's a Cibola Burn? Is it like a sick insult that people from Cibola are known for?

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

bitprophet posted:

Also, yea, have more faith in the writing team, folks! They've already shown they're real good at modifying, compressing, remixing and dropping parts of the source material that either straight up weren't great, or which don't adapt to TV well. The only worries I have about S4 are generic, "what if the new studio means cuts to parts of the budget or weird controlling changes to the script" type stuff.

I will almost be disappointed if there isn't a ship in Blue Origin livery somewhere in season 4

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

Eiba posted:

What? Really? Huh, you're right... but Cibola is a place name! I can understand if Cibola is burning you could say like, "Hark, Cibola burns!" But what's a Cibola Burn? Is it like a sick insult that people from Cibola are known for?
It could be a burn in the rocketry sense, like turn and burn.

The Cibola Burn could be a specific maneuver preformed near Cibola, or one required to get there.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
Was the word Abbadon ever mentioned in the show/book. What does it stand for?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
Abaddon is an ominous term from the Bible. It refers to both a place of destruction as well as a destructive angel or demon. If I remember right, Abaddon is derived from the Ancient Greek word for destroy. Basically, it's the gate to a bad place. A gateway to hell but, IIRC, the usage of Abaddon doesn't refer to Hell in the Bible.

Cibola was one of the legendary Cities of Gold.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Haven't read the books, but I'm pretty sure Caliban's War is the only book title to get an in universe mention on the show thus far, as Project Caliban.

Caliban is a half man, half monster character from Shakespeare's The Tempest, and is a pretty neat reference for the protomolecule hybrids.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Oct 5, 2018

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

NTRabbit posted:

Caliban is a half man, half monster character from Shakespeare's The Tempest, and is a pretty neat reference for the protomolecule hybrids.

Also, like many Shakespearean characters, a moon of Uranus

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Captain Splendid posted:

Also, like many Shakespearean characters, a moon of Uranus

Wow, how did he know? Did he even have a telescope?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Cojawfee posted:

Wow, how did he know? Did he even have a telescope?

The Earl of Oxford told him