Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xthnru
Apr 6, 2007

FUCK YOU GUYS. I'm out.

Crazycryodude posted:

Lang Belta was designed by an actual linguist to actually make sense, and yet Duolingo only has the dumb meme languages of Klingon and High Valyrian instead of it.

Memrise has a course! It's a fun little phrasebook that will teach you useful phrases like "Na gif fo mi na kaka, dzhemang (don't give me any poo poo, brokedick)"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xthnru
Apr 6, 2007

FUCK YOU GUYS. I'm out.
Where the gently caress do I find the full version of Highway Star in Belta, I need that poo poo.

xthnru
Apr 6, 2007

FUCK YOU GUYS. I'm out.

Rocksicles posted:

Koyos, pashang inyalowda.

To ta lit da buk, keyá? Depelésh tolowda showxa "coyo/a" bera "koyo" im fosho mogut.

xthnru
Apr 6, 2007

FUCK YOU GUYS. I'm out.

Rocksicles posted:

Did i read the books? Where you see Coyo? i dunno i lost it. Im fosho mogut I'm sure it's better?

I'm trying to do this without a 9 pages open of belta lingo

Close enough. "That's where you see 'coyo,' but 'koyo' is definitely better"

xthnru
Apr 6, 2007

FUCK YOU GUYS. I'm out.

double nine posted:

so how big is the Ring (on the outside)? It's always difficult to scale these things on-screen but the Behemoth is a big-rear end ship and it's completely dwarfed by the scale of that goddamn structure. 250 km diameter? 500?

The wiki (which is laden with spoilers) says it's 1000km in diameter.

xthnru
Apr 6, 2007

FUCK YOU GUYS. I'm out.

Moose-Alini posted:

I think he said one-third, just with his sometimes nearly incomprehensible accent.

Xaxa, vedi fo xídawang paxoníseki.

xthnru
Apr 6, 2007

FUCK YOU GUYS. I'm out.

CLAM DOWN posted:

I even have an MCRN sticker on my laptop because Mars supremacy

Da diya gonya xom soon, pomang. Milowda gonya leva sif xox!

xthnru
Apr 6, 2007

FUCK YOU GUYS. I'm out.

Syzygy Stardust posted:

Take that Earther dick out of your mouth so we can understand you.

Pochuye xídawang: :boom:

xthnru
Apr 6, 2007

FUCK YOU GUYS. I'm out.

theCalamity posted:

I’m a loving nerd now. I’m learning Lang Belts

Imim fosho ta pashang to, kopeng!

xthnru
Apr 6, 2007

FUCK YOU GUYS. I'm out.

Rocksicles posted:

Milowda gonya leva xox!

Ya lik pashang, du ferí da Belte!

xthnru
Apr 6, 2007

FUCK YOU GUYS. I'm out.

Phenotype posted:

look I'm all for being a huge nerd but if you're going to spend time to learn a language you should really pick a language that exists in real life

I speak a couple, and Lang Belta is probably the quickest and easiest I've picked up. The grammar is simple, the vocabulary is small, and it's a fun little mental exercise. And, because it's a creole, it has a lot of loan words from a bunch of other languages (e. g. "sabaka" from "собака", "showxa" from "说话 (shuōhuà)," etc.) so learning it can actually help learn others, which is a terrible reason to learn a language. Or, as my Latin prof would put it "if you want to learn Spanish, study Spanish. Latin is useless."

But of course, the best reason to learn it is so you can curse in public without repurcussion, keredzhang da pashangwala nakangepensa na pochuye im, sasa ke?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xthnru
Apr 6, 2007

FUCK YOU GUYS. I'm out.
Y'all just gonna act like Klaes Ashford isn't in that trailer?