Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Pharmaskittle posted:

The Razorback looked siiiick

it's a loving beauty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I need to see the battle scene three more times I'm still not sure how that happened

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Platystemon posted:

Not book spoilers:

Pinus Contorta (a.k.a. Rocinante) fires a bunch of torpedos right off the bow of the UN ship to blind it. It then races in to knife‐fighting range and blows its engines off with more torpedos.

yeah it just seemed really.... silly in a sense? you had a feeling of the immense speed the two ships were passing each other with, but they got perfect shots on the engine from extremely close anyway. that said, ~computers~ and it doesn't really matter

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
the teaser for the next episode looks like poo poo is going up around 5 notches

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
the way holden speaks it feels more like he's using mei as an added excuse to go to Io to find out more protomolecule stuff, even now

like if they save her that's cool too but it's really just the excuse. it was a great excuse to not go to tycho and it's a great excuse to say "no, this CHILD IS MORE IMPORTANT" whenever a side mission comes up

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
holden does his job of forcibly moving the crew of the roci plant to wherever advances the plot

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
you’re right, we’re not going to be friends

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
it still blows my mind the destructive capacity Mars had over Earth with those platforms. one missile could score a hit on a city, and if Mars wanted to they could've launched all of them and turned Earth into a desolate hunk of rock

I'm guessing Earth keeps Mars in check by having better or more warheads generally? it seems weird if Mars was running around with the bigger stockpile

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
well that ending was more gruesome than i expected but yeah it fits the whole "disassemble everything" theme. i guess they weren't capable of disassembling the crew before. also loling how news cameras or something are still pointed at the ship on venus.

holden is usually a pain in the rear end and attempting his best nolan batman voice, but i was very happy when he owned the martian looking for ammo. i understand where they were coming from but ugh i hated them from the first second.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i'm very hyped for the fall of errinwright, my guess is that he pulls a gun on the SG and shoots, and that promotes avasarala to the position (if that's how it works). her giving some sort of Extremely Inspiring Speech was in the pre-season trailer.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
there's a war going on, nobody cares. nobody even bothered sending help for the martian ship, although i'm wondering if that's a side effect of the war or simply that "leave nobody behind" is not actually followed

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i've been really disappointed in how little they've shown mars this season. it's probably not a setting right now in the novels, but given we've seen a ton of sets in the belt, tons of earth, mars only had one outdoor scene.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
It's probably also a matter of pride and individualism now. Sure, fixing Earth is easier but have you seen Earthers recently? They're lazy and stupid. Us? We need to work for our world and we're going to have a world full of proud Martians

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
southern was too good for this world

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Please god get picked up somewhere else

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
reading post after post about how a stupid tangled web of streaming rights might doom the show's chances is incredibly depressing

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Hakkesshu posted:

gently caress everything

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I tried to jump to the books after season 2 but there were enough changes to basically make that feat impossible.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
is it over yet

did amazon do something good for a change

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I refuse to stop believing make it happen you Trillionare gently caress

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Aren't the sets stilll getting taken down Wednesday?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
No news is good news imo

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

gonna be screaming about how the expanse is gonna be renewed any second now deep into 2019

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Baronjutter posted:

The main difference between the situation with firefly and the expanse is that the expanse is really good and has a story to tell.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Meh, the way it looks like is that nobody knows poo poo about Amazon picking it up outside of Amazon and Alcon execs. Actors or crew aren't involved in the process. At the very least that's what the props master on Facebook puts it, the only time anybody will hear anything is when Amazon puts out a statement.

The problem is that Amazon isn't going to put out a statement that they won't pick it up, meaning that right now no news is actually bad news. Everybody else is trying to figure out something else so they're trying dumb things like boosting viewership or flying planes.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Good news, the expanse has a buyer

bad news, it's discovery and they're doing a crossover between the protomolecule and spore drive

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
maybe.... they let the south america nuke get through to silence political enemies? open your eyes, sheeple

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
the Alcon news just sounds like a big nothing

rip the expanse

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
God bless titles

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Thank you Amazon for saving my dumb gay show

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i didn't know what to expect and it was a bit jarring to suddenly fast-forward 6 months but holy gently caress

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
piss bag is real

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
The SG's resignation was too abrupt and lacks any explaination, unless you just assume he wanted out because lol at actually dealing with anything hard

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I'm going to miss prax and mao, although who knows they could be back (don't spoil this for me)

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Toast Museum posted:

Dude was blatantly manipulated by his war criminal right-hand man for years, culminating in losing much of Earth's navy and getting a city nuked. I don't think that's something you bounce back from, politically.

possibly but his last words imply he's gonna pin it all on errinwright and his Pro-tier conspiracy generation powers

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
look at this world-haver, with his vitamins and other rich people things

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Yeah I keep forgetting that the Navoo/Behemoth is gonna be trash in a fight because it doesn't have any armor and the guns are afterthoughts

The only point of a big ship is big armor which uhhhhhhhhh is lacking on it. That said I hope they show some shots of the navoo's habitat interior this season

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
:bisonyes:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
here's my Thinkpiece where I spend twelve pages arguing that the Protomolecule is in fact, a libertarian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
syfy will be able to funnel all their money into *checks notes* sci-fi themed wrestling