Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Ground floor.

First mistake I see is the [poo poo POST] thread tag but depending on how many munts post book spoilers without reading the first four lines of the drat OP that might end up being accurate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Can we just make bookchat a probatable offense? Take it to TBB.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

What time does the latest episode show up on iTunes/Amazon? Midnight EST?

I am disappointed in SyFy's insistence on censoring Best Character's fucks.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Proteus Jones posted:

Midnight PST

Dammit. Thanks.

Also for those who haven't watched one of Cas Anvar's live AMA streams he did one today and it's awesome. He seems like a really awesome guy who enjoys the hell out of what he does.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

At the same time, now Prax is going full Amos and even Amos himself seems disturbed by it.

Man now I'm really feeling bad for Amos.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

The studio still wants to make more and the actors still want to be involved in more, so if another distributor picks them up and tosses them a briefcase full of money, there'll be more.

It's time for a letter-writing campaign to Netflix and Amazon, old school "un-cancel Star Trek" style.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Is it good news or bad news if managers went to the effort of generating a formed response?

I'm sorry for the off topic, but I just have to know what the context of your title is.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

NTRabbit posted:

Just the opposite, they're feeling amazing about having used the money to commission 3 seasons of Sharknado vs Komodo: Ancient Quest

At least Ian Ziering will get some work :unsmith:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

What the gently caress did I just watch

I love this goddamned show.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

double nine posted:

that's now my headcanon. She has a bunch of hulk serum capsules, one inside each molar

That's actually kind of what I assumed it was.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

bring back old gbs posted:

So many amazing things happened this episode but all I can think about is that scene where the guy didn't....quite fit into the compartment.

I was most in awe at the different emotions out of Amos in this one further cementing him as best character.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

ekeog posted:

if anything one of the notable things about those two scenes was Amos' reactions - far from gay panic, more like strangely guarded. that actor does a lot of characterization with such small moments, considering he's the guy that does the most crazy poo poo regularly.

Yeah I think that dude's just not Amos' type.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

And then it turns to poo poo within about 45 minutes of the end of the episode.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Thom12255 posted:

The book readers aren't as bad at spoiling things as the GoT people were for years.

I'm waiting for that show to end before I start watching it so people shut the gently caress up about spoilers in it and all that tbh

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

NZAmoeba posted:

The smiling probably doesn't help either, Drummer never smiles, or if she does, it's a murder-smile

I wanted to dispute that but I GIS'd "the expanse drummer smiling" and it was mostly just her making angry faces and the occasional "I'm going to shoot you in the kneecaps and THEN I will smile" smirk.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Hyperspace is a scary place.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

CLAM DOWN posted:

I am, ty. I think I was getting confused with the Mark Watney thing too, the authors said the Martian is the same continuity as the expanse.

I guess I ought to watch that movie at some point eh

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

White Kibble is described something like "the unholy crossbreed of mushrooms and chicken" in one of the books.

I suspect belter food is just disappointing and they've just embraced it in the naming.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I would have totally been satisfied with that being the end of the series. Knowing there's more coming is just... oh man.

The Expanse cast and crew rocks.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Baronjutter posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD-h01IXR2M
Cara Gee is so unlike her character it's great.

:swoon:

I don't know who I like more. Cas Anvar, who's basically literally Alex, or Cara Gee, the polar opposite of Drummer.

They're both awesome.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Not to keep running with BSG derails, but James Callis as Baltar was the epitome of this...I actually just started a rewatch after the last few pages of us ragging on it (and jonesing for some space with Expanse on break) and a lot of the show holds up 15 years later. The VFX in the miniseries are on-point, and would mostly fit in with today's landscape: you can really see how the show's visual style influence the whole genre. It's really the sets and costuming (not CIC) where you notice the budget's age...

Slightly related, when I first saw BSG and Baltar first came on screen I thought "holy poo poo Alexander Siddig is in this"?

Also fun: Alexander Siddig and James Callis hanging out. They totally look like brothers.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Did GBS put you up to this? Be truthful now.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

MA-Horus posted:

The show and the movie are really goddamn different, the movie is a lot of fun, good effects, etc. And if Kurt Russell beating the poo poo out of a Horus guard and telling him "give my regards to king tut rear end in a top hat" as a ring transporter cuts him in half and sends a nuke up to Ra's ship at the same time doesn't do it for you well I don't know what will.

Seconded, the movie is a great piece of military science fiction and is honestly probably the high point of Roland Emmerich's career. Apart from the Horus guards'/Ra's helmet retracting effects being a bit goofy, pretty much the whole movie aged well visually.

e: That being said go watch SG-1 as well. You literally cannot go wrong with serious yet self-aware military science fiction filmed entirely in the back woods of Vancouver, BC and starring Richard Dean Anderson.

Kazinsal fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Jul 26, 2018

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

The TV IV > The Expanse, Post-Season 3: Are you telling me Alex isn't texas sized

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

IIRC Cortazar said when Amos asked him about the procedure that he had it done temporarily/less so at first and then committed to full sociopath mode after realizing how much more effective it made him. Maybe there's degrees of sociopathy available in the brave new world of Expanse neurosurgery?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I've had Killjoys on my SAN for a while now and haven't gotten around to watching it. Sounds like that was a mistake.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

The Expanse is incredibly good and the fact that it was saved from death only by the sheer luck that the world's richest person is a superfan is evidence that science fiction, even incredibly well crafted and relatively high budget science fiction, is still treated as niche crap to turn over every three years.

Meanwhile, how many seasons did Game of Thrones get?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

How many tits have you seen so far in The Expanse?

Two terrible CGI pasties and one off-screen pair of implied tits.

I wonder what would happen if HBO did a hard sci-fi series.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Watched the first four episodes of Killjoys last night and wow I should have watched this sooner. This show is really good.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

The Expanse and Killjoys being filmed in the same city using the same pool of local actors is resulting in some really weird mental overlap. Kelly McCormack showing up in the same goddamn episode of Killjoys as Ted Atherton has broken my goddamn brain.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

DropsySufferer posted:

Alex has the best smooth pilot voice ever though :swoon: Really the only boring character is Holden.

Hell, I wouldn't even call Holden boring. He's just the least awesome in a show full of really awesome characters.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Gravity completes the separation. In zero-g, you need some external help with that.

Under 0.3g thrust, you'd probably have no issues pooping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

IIRC the current estimate as of 2019 is that we're around 40 zettabytes, or 40,000 exabytes, and growing around 75% per year.