Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImoCeszuJks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Bobbie casually lifting her arm while doing a 6g burn in the razorback was a bit of a gaff.

They ended season 2 with the Roci still near Ganymede right? In terms of distance, Io is pretty much next door, relatively speaking. They're taking their sweet time getting there with all their detours and space battles and salvage

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Milo and POTUS posted:

Really want to see Amos Batmanning around now.

Well he did go monkey bar the other night.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
A ways back someone mentioned that they felt Alex calling his family all of a sudden seemed out of place. Well, I think that Alex called them as a reaction to seeing his family on the Roci start to fracture so he needed some closure with his own fractured family. It's not a coincidence that his next scene after his wife replies is to try and patch things up with Naomi and try to fix the wound between her and everyone else.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Amos recognizes that there is something wrong with himself and while he has his "code", he's disturbed when he sees it enacted by other people. He's defined himself by not being other people so he's never seen himself reflected back by another person.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
You know, you guys might be hating on Holden for being an rear end in a top hat, but it's really not that far out from his dickishness in Caliban's War in the books.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Holden's fight with the marine was really cool and vicious for how short it was.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I did find it weird how quickly not-daniel bruhl recognized avasarala. How many people do you know who can identify current UN leadership at a glance?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

[Insert "All of this has happened before..." :bsg: joke here]

Funny you should say that considering the Martian ship had a goddamn toaster as its XO.

I am of the mind that Steven Strait was cast to play Holden because he looks like the grimdark version of Jay Baruchel.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Amazon has also been growing exponentially over the last few years to the point that they're moving into the loving housing market. They've got a huge surplus of money thanks to treating their employees like crap and hoarding it. They funded The Grand Tour, and of the options presented, I think Amazon would be the best bet for the survival of the show. They did save Ripper Street from its cancellation, after all.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
They could always do a "two glass window panes and a rape cell" ship set like the Pegasus in BSG.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
We're in a golden age of long form television and yet it is still the old school broadcast practices that can kill anything g with potential

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Wasn't Star Trek Discovery already trying to poach set designers last year?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Except the expanse is actually good

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

hailthefish posted:

Eh, Firefly was ok. I think, in the end, a season and a movie and a throwaway joke in an episode of SG-1 was the correct amount of Firefly to exist, though.

Not even a full season mind you. And of those a good half of the episodes are just mediocre to bad.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'll look forward to Netflix's Witcher show getting canceled after half a season

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

zeal posted:

in the heart of every liberal lurks a welwala

Their hearts and ambitions are weighed down by gravity!

Wait, wrong franchise and wrong rock throwing nutjob.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Char would totally join the OPA

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

NowonSA posted:

Man I never realized how much I wanted mobile suit tech in the Expanse until people started posting about Char in here.

They do have mechs in the books. When Bobbie's squad was attacked by the hybrid on Caliban in the bookthey had a fire support robot

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Anymore word from Murray about the sets being stripped down?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Petty corporations dighting with each other gave us the harmony gold debacle regarding Macross rights outside of Japan

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The Expanse VFX team are unemployed

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
They've been juggling the bits and pieces of Holden and Naomi's falling out for the show. In the book they make it all the way back to Tycho from Ganymede before they get a lead on Io, and Holden's pissy attitude is what put Naomi off. The show has been trying to equalize the blame between them for why things break apart.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So apart from Eros and Ceres do the belters really have many major permanent installations to live on? I imagine it's easier to find a sizable rock and mount a Tycho style Stanford taurus spin station to it so it's anchored and minable rather than trying to tow an asteroid to a better spot.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Even with 30 billion people on earth most of the planet has plenty of space to grow food. Ever see that animation where all of humanity at its current population gets dumped in a pile in the grand Canyon and it hardly makes a dent? I figure that if we ever hit a point where we go into double digit billions living on earth we'll probably develop ways of building more vertically to avoid spreading out across arable land, or building cities in arid regions and then using our magic fuel Epstein or Torch drives to lob farm supplies around rather than stick with cars or trains that require roads cutting across resources.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
And he's also associated with the massacre of Anderson Station, so he's got a reputation he can call on, and now he also has a fuckload of missiles.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Even though Tycho is only spinning at .3G it was impressive seeing drummer do inverted sit-ups from the ceiling with a bullet wound.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Well the average life expectancy is 120 and most live on basic. So basic definitely sucks but you don't die

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Put em to work terraforming mars so they can be martian farmers and talk like Texans and herd the buggalos

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So we're now coming on a week since teardown was scheduled to begin and still in the dark as to the date of the show

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

logikv9 posted:

Good news, the expanse has a buyer

bad news, it's discovery and they're doing a crossover between the protomolecule and spore drive

The Work does look a bit like the space jellyfish from Encounter at Fartpoint.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

GreenNight posted:

Amazon demands that each episode has a cut away to Ceres station where the latest hottest band has a set.

If it means we get more Belter Black Keys I'm all for it.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Protomolecule Alex as a god sized spaceman would be wonderful, yes.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Crazycryodude posted:

It does seem kinda weird that the priority target was some relative nowhere in South America instead of some billion-person megalopolis. Maybe the point was to set a big chunk of the Amazon on fire and let the ash and firestorms gently caress up farming/the climate/whatever?

I'm from Buenos Aires and I say kill em all!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
They better not screw up the space jellyfish.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
That is the squidship. I just said space jellyfish because that's what the Venus thing looks like to me.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

AwkwardKnob posted:

Did everyone die when the exploration ship was taken apart into a million pieces or are they stashed somewhere? I can't remember, but that would be kind of sad.

Adam Savage's corpse floated across the frame.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Phi230 posted:

Netflix took down Expanse related stuff today

Wow if Amazon actually pulls through with this I could stop watching it on Space and just stream like a good boy.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Finally got around to watching this episode. That was loving great, though the battle around Jupiter didn't really make much sense. We're only told that both sides are incurring heavy casualties, but then in the episode we only see and hear about Agatha King shooting on people refusing the admiral's orders. Nothing from the Martian side.

Now I need to finish reading Abaddon's Gate before tomorrow night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Haven't seen it yet but I'm hoping the comment above saying "splat" means what I think it does.