Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Was this show given just truckloads of cash for their effects budget? Because that first scene of all those ships above planets, especially the Martian atmosphere’s refraction. So good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Why would you have rust in space if there’s no oxygen or water?

Asking for a friend

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

*gruff voice, “we need to do [insert thing] because we need to... I knew a guy who would’ve done it already.”

Every loving Holden scene.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

As a person that has put a bunch of hours into elite dangerous, damnit I want that racing ship in the game.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

I’m for some reason face blind. Who is that in the show?

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

gently caress. This doesn’t come to the syfy app until tomorrow right?

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

The kicker for me was that when avasaralla passed out the first time the beeping sound is the same sound our bedside monitors in the hospital make to notify someone that there’s a heart rate or breathing problem. Was like, oh poo poo?

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

MizPiz posted:

It's just the preview but Amos and Bobbie being on the same ship is already deliverying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rR-FgxBy4w

Extremely owns.

“You think that’s funny?”

“...maybe not now..”

Lol

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

I dunno man, people forget. In college I worked for a hotline that would call up parents of missing kids and just remind them that their kid was still missing. Sometimes it had been years and I’d just have to say, “ma’am this is Jeff I’m calling on behalf of remembering missing kids organization and I’d like to remind you that your kid is still missing.”

So he’s got a point, the urgency isn’t always common

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Kassad posted:

To me, the most amusing thing about Mars in the show is still that equipment critical to the terraforming process is privately owned by one family.

The Clovis Bray family, I presume?