Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AwkwardKnob
Dec 29, 2004

A good pun is like a good steak: A rare medium well done
Not sure if a TV show will ever yank my jaw to the floor as hard as the Adama Maneuver did in Battlestar Galactica. Warping into the atmosphere and free-falling while launching all fighters, then warping out just above the ground, in-turn decimating ground troops as well. gently caress that was hardcore.

This show is getting close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AwkwardKnob
Dec 29, 2004

Can we just talk about that giant gently caress-off squid ship thing that emerged from Venus instead of the renewal deal? Just for a minute?

Because whoa.

AwkwardKnob
Dec 29, 2004

Squid ship did basically look like Eros with tentacles grafted onto it. I thought it was cool how the protosoldier stopped coming after the Marine when "The Work" was finished and kind of looked up into the sky.

Did everyone die when the exploration ship was taken apart into a million pieces or are they stashed somewhere? I can't remember, but that would be kind of sad.

AwkwardKnob
Dec 29, 2004

BUT WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE RING C'MON MAN YOU CAN'T END IT THERE

AwkwardKnob
Dec 29, 2004

IS THIS SHOW GOING TO GIVE US ALIENS

I DEMAND ANSWERS

It would be actually really cool and potentially hard-sci-fi to see The Expanse's take on alien life forms who build crazy molecules and star gates. Some kind of vast intelligence that's creating Miller out of nothing hundreds of times per second to probe outcomes and bridge the gap of understanding between our two species.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AwkwardKnob
Dec 29, 2004

The most recent episode was pretty cool. Came on here to read fun live-posting and discussion about all the next-level poo poo going on inside the ring and... idiots with face-blindness are just debating racism or something instead? Rad thread.

Anyway, I am not fully clear on what's inside the ring in the show. Is there an entrance that they came in, and then it's like they're just inside a big bubble with no other way out? I was expecting some kind of cylinder with a ring on both sides like a star gate, but at the end of the episode it appeared more like there was one entrance/exit with some kind of blue dwarf or protomolecule orb in the center?

Also expected the Rocinante to fly to it instead of Holden just kind of suiting up and flying towards it. This should be interesting. Is he going to meet The Architect from the Matrix?