Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I am glad this show is back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Milo and POTUS posted:

Was the power armor shown on board the transit shuttle or whatever at the finale last season? Cuz I'm positive she wasn't wearing it to the meeting because of obvious reasons

Yes. Cotyar specifically mentions he is bringing some equipment on board.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The Razorback is really cool. I love the interior design.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Avasarala continues to own.

He was really sorry :(

Hexel posted:

:rip: south america

2 million out of how many billion? Just a fleshwound :v:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

If you really want to nitpick, it sure was a good thing that Earth had exactly as many planetary railguns as Mars had stealth missile ships :v:

The railgun sequence was good

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Food. You put it in that big hole in your face :v:

404notfound posted:

Well, that was a very brief change of heart for Mao

Mao gonna Mao

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

AHHHHH!!! RUDE!!!! HOW CAN THEY STOP THERE????!!!!???

Amazing episode. :golfclap:

ffffffffffffffuck

Is it next week yet?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

StashAugustine posted:

Hey come to think of it: how did Ana get ahold of that recording? I thought she got it from the Martian crew but the next ep makes clear they hadnt sent it yet

The Roci sent it after Avasarala convinced Holden to do it.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Someone better pick this up :argh:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

:rip: The Expanse

but lmao the amount of salt because some of the sets are going to Discovery.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Milo and POTUS posted:

..it's insanely poo poo dude. Even Star Trek dorks hate it.

That's how you know it's good.

e: the Star Trek dorks hate this show too, or at least the ones that post in the ST and Disco threads

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

EimiYoshikawa posted:

No, it's poo poo.

I tried my hardest to give it the benefit of the doubt, but it's fundamentally flawed and stupid and lovely in almost every way and poaching sets from a superior show just seals the deal for me.

How is it poaching if the show is cancelled? Or do you think that studio lots have gangs roaming around stealing sets from each other at night?

bring back old gbs posted:

Seth McFarlane made a more universally appreciated Star Trek show than the Star Trek IP holders. Discovery is in no way "good".

The Orville was super dire. That show should've taken The Expanse sets so it would have some that didn't look like poo poo.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

hailthefish posted:

Sometimes I'm disappointed and then I remind myself that BSG also only got 2 seasons and the cylons totally had a plan

:same:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Svaha posted:

Ok so this was a while upthread, but from what I understand from stuff I've read in various places, is that the Expanse was not actually losing money for anyone. It just wasn't making as much money as it was expected to. SyFy was losing potentially more money, but the show was never operating at a loss, even with the ratings it had from live viewership.

In other words, Syfy want's to fill the time slot with more ancient alien sharknado wresting or whatever because more dullards tune into that drek, thus making it more profitable.

Makes some sort of sense from a tunnelvision business perspective, but i think they are going to lose out in the end because of the damage to their brand.

Hahaha Syfy you stupid. Gotta keep a few good shows on your channel even if they aren't making MAXIMUM PROFIT.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

etalian posted:

The whole point of the Expanse was they were getting mad over other networks like HBO or AMC getting well recognized successful big budget shows.

Of course a few seasons later they canceling the Expanse and will most likely go back to creature features/reality TV shows for the timeslot.

Time go back to Sharknado 12 and wrasslin'

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

they cancelled black sails too

isn't american gods on starz too but that's in production hell now because the network chased off like everyone but neil geiman and the star of the show

Yea that's on Starz and if by network chased off everyone you mean Bryan Fuller is an idiot, then yes.

And even then they renewed American Gods for a second season despite having abysmal ratings and the show costing them a lot of money to make.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 01:54 on May 14, 2018

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

i never watched the prequel season or the 2nd season after andy whitfield died, were those any good

Yes.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Svaha posted:

SyFy ditched their #2 show in overall ratings because they don't understand how modern Tv watching works. Haha, they are too dumb to live.

Syfy! :downs:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

lmao Erinwright dunking on the General Secretary. But then his line to line to Anna after Erinwright was taken away was :discourse:

Prax, Mei and the holographic backpack :3:

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Oh snap! Bobbie merc'ing dudes like they're NPCs... :black101:

Four.

Cleared.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Rhyno posted:

Shoulda mailed hot sauce/crackers protomolecules

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Baloogan posted:

If Mars really wanted to kill earth they should have automated Epstein ships in the outer solar system that burn with their magic space engines to hit a large fraction of c as they dive towards earth and the moon.

Then there is nothing stopping Earth from doing the same. I've always assumed those weapons were part of some mutually assured destruction they had going. I just pretended the stealth nuke ships are boomer subs for a real world analogy.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Avasarala's giant ice cube earrings in the opening scene were very funny to me.

:rip: Supa Star

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Baronjutter posted:

Yes but all plots involving evil corporations will be replaced with plots showing giant monopolistic mega-corps as actually really good.

Next season will have Earth, Mars and the Belt all apologize and submit to Jules Pierre Mao while crowning him God Emperor of humanity.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Elias_Maluco posted:

shut up bezos earned redemption

:laffo:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

lol the Behemoth is the biggest piece of poo poo "warship"

facialimpediment posted:

That episode was loving excellent.

:agreed:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Someone requested a gif:

:swoon:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

TimWinter posted:

Oh for fucks sake, I'm rewatching S1 and who do I happen to notice on Tycho:

Who? Because that isn't Melba.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The Behemoth really is the biggest piece of poo poo. Maybe it's time to consider that the belters are poo poo at shipbuilding and all those mormons would have died horribly if they went on their journey on The Spruce Goose.

lol Amos "communicating" with the MCRN

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

smdh people thinking that new ships happen every few years.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Holden talking to Miller as he was flying to through space and their conversation was great.

Clarissa you are the worst.

Episode owned. Show owns

zeal posted:

A lot of 'real trained military' have thought that down the years

Depends on what the goal is. Killing a poorly armed force of belters and their space-technicals to get control of the ring? It would be a massacre.

Now if they were trying to occupy or maintain control of Ceres or some other colony? Not nearly as easy.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Baronjutter posted:

Protomolecule, could you generate a nude Holden?

Can I see a hat wobble?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Cojawfee posted:

I guess it would be NSFW, but I want to see Miller with some boobs and Holden reaches out and Miller shakes his head no.

Have someone hand him the sexy Holden pose. :heysexy:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

:rip: Tilly. Goddamn Anna is loving hardcore.

Wait they said the spin was making 1g. Wouldn't that make all the belters in the affected areas super uncomfortable?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Grand Fromage posted:

They said one third g, which is standard acceleration for all ships for comfort. Belters are fine with that.

Ah ok that makes more sense. I guess I heard it wrong.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Toast Museum posted:

I heard .1g, but I'd have to go back and give it another listen. It'd make sense, though: relatively safe for the untested drum while still defining "down" well enough for all those injuries.

Good suggestion. "Rotation stable. Active?(couldn't make out the word here) gravity at inner's surface. One good g."

Maybe the writers hosed up :shrug:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Thank you :tipshat:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mu Zeta posted:

Does anyone have the gif of Maneo doing the eyeroll at Holden on the news?

Baloogan posted:

i literally made this at the same time but didn't want to spam the thread

https://i.imgur.com/QV01rv9.mp4

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Elias_Maluco posted:

To be honest, the whole thing was a bit dumb

I mean, this civilian which never even had been in a spaceship before managed to suit up and jump into space alone and catch up with Clarimelba right after she got to to the Roci. And then knocked her out

She has the power of god on her side and will deliver his mighty vengeance against Clarissa. :colbert:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Krakox posted:

Venn diagram of Holden and Janeway from star trek with 'there's coffee in that nebula' in the center

Holden gonna ask Prax to make a hybrid coffee plant with the protomolecule :birddrugs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

"You're not going to shoot her." "What if I override the autodoc to do an overdose?" :v: Amos and Anna are the best.

The real Dark Souls Expanse begins now.