Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Actually if you hate fun my dumb fanon theories, at least allow me to paraphrase and please take the following to heart:

Either IH!! Pasqualo successfully set up a universe where Aurora can be a happy real girl but some sort of tragic twist will surely occur (a world without a Trisssh, the worst world)

Or Pasqualo failed, he only set up a universe where his new self would grow into a person who just emulated everything he loved about Aurora, and events unfold to the point where the apocalypse will somehow happen anyway

My loving point is this: we will need a massive stockpile of origami animals of various colors, and we need to start stockpiling them now.

Who’s with me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

My guess is that Pasqualo-that-was created a world that Aurora could be part of, and gave her his place in it to do so. Of course, part of what made Aurora who she was was that she was created for him as a device to make him happy. So even though she's a bright ray of sunshine that isn't brought down by anything, there's still going to be something fundamentally missing from her life that even she doesn't really understand, since she was originally created for a person that now never existed.

I can make origami hats, does that count?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Stop trying to think up ways for Pasqualo to be miserable!!!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

cant cook creole bream posted:

That would make her kind of a lovely person.
"I really want to have a person which is ridiculously depressed so that I can make them feel better. Nobody on earth suffices!"

Pobody's nerfect!

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Wow, Tubsy's a real math whiz!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Literally Kermit posted:

that Batman episode with Clayface

:qq:every time

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Hey Gob, you should add a new banner to your main page so we can actually access the comic from there.

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

There Bias Two posted:

Hey Gob, you should add a new banner to your main page so we can actually access the comic from there.

Done! Thank you for reminding me.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
No gosh darn gratuitous swearing? This is horse hockey (never stop)

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
drat, this Pasqualo also likes anime. Kill everyone, blow up the universe and try again.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Allison wiping Pasq's mouth mid-conversation :kimchi:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Mordja posted:

drat, this Pasqualo also likes anime. Kill everyone, blow up the universe and try again.
It's okay, I'm sure she only likes the wholesome ones with no weirdness or deviancy whatsoever. :sun:

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
This Ally and Pasqualo inflict kindness on each other the way the previous Ally and Pasqualo inflicted violence, with comparable levels of vulgarity. :kimchi:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
That was an extremely Pasqualo thing to do and an extremely Aurora way of doing it. You guys really nailed it blending these two characters.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Calling it now: Pas dies of strawberries, goes to heaven, conspires with God to kill reform Satan.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

No this is it guys.

The first tragic thing that going to happen in this comic.

Something is going to stop her from getting that cake.

All of you wondering what the big talent show level twist is going to be but it's actually just going to be one comically small tragedy after another until this new happy smiley Pasq breaks down and cries.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
"PASQUALO'S loving LUNCH"

Oh man, we're gonna see Obtuseangelo again real soon, I can feel it.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Leroy Dennui posted:

"PASQUALO'S loving LUNCH"

Oh man, we're gonna see Obtuseangelo again real soon, I can feel it.

Pasqualoriginalflavor loved his dad dearly and wouldn't want to change him for Pasqualaurora.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Cat Mattress posted:

Pasqualoriginalflavor loved his dad dearly and wouldn't want to change him for Pasqualaurora.

Right up until the end. Maybe he'll not hate sailor moon now.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Dumb request, but could someone post the new pages here as they come out, or at least links? I didn’t realize there were new ones since last week :saddowns:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
http://gobolatula.com/pfm/comic/006-art/

Pure, wholesome art.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Data Graham posted:

Dumb request, but could someone post the new pages here as they come out, or at least links? I didn’t realize there were new ones since last week :saddowns:

Sure I GUESS. (only links, since i think Gob trinity goes without supper otherwise)

Devilcat Crybaby

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Not paying attention in class? How lackadaisical.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Cheese forgive me shapin' up for a good twist!!

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
Man, at first I thought that guy having two faces was to depict him looking back and forth really fast; only now is it apparent that he's literally two-faced.

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

Leroy Dennui posted:

Man, at first I thought that guy having two faces was to depict him looking back and forth really fast; only now is it apparent that he's literally two-faced.
Josef named the guy Jimmy Twoface in the script, so I drew him with two faces.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Where'd ya get those knives, Pasqualo. :catstare:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

VJeff posted:

Where'd ya get those knives, Pasqualo. :catstare:

The cellophane-topped cardboard box next to the napkins, clearly.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

update!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Huh, they both picked Wolverine powers. Yeah, that checks out.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Just finished binge-reading It Hurts! after finding out about it this morning. Good webcomic. Better than Homestuck, which I picked up around the time It Hurts! started. I made the wrong decision.

edit: of course Pasqualo's universe is an anime

Elephant Parade fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Mar 20, 2018

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

https://twitter.com/gobolatula/status/976309277802381314

I'm loving the competency of this new Pasqualo.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Oh Hey is that Katie I spy in the background reading a book?

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

I feel like this three-panel sequence is going to turn out to be significant somehow. The middle cloud almost looks like some sort of imposing figure? Maybe not, but it seems a little bit odd.

maybe it's just the first sign of Pasqualo 2.0's crippling depression

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Oh Hey is that Katie I spy in the background reading a book?

:supaburn:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Boom! Someone better call a carpenter because I nailed it!

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Elephant Parade posted:

I feel like this three-panel sequence is going to turn out to be significant somehow. The middle cloud almost looks like some sort of imposing figure? Maybe not, but it seems a little bit odd.

maybe it's just the first sign of Pasqualo 2.0's crippling depression

I took it as symbolism that trouble was brewing and Pasqualo immediately prepared herself for it. You can then see the clouds break and sunshine return in the final panel after the issue was resolved.

Now is it a sign of something more literal and Pasqualo is exhibiting some kind of supernatural power? I dunno, it’s too early in this story to tell if we’re gonna find ourselves down a path similar to It Hurts. I feel like it could go either way at this point.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Even while bullshitting that girl to get to her to go away, Pasq still gives her an origami animal.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Gobolatula posted:

Josef named the guy Jimmy Twoface in the script, so I drew him with two faces.
Truly this is an earnest glimpse into the creative process of a genius.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Ballz posted:

I took it as symbolism that trouble was brewing and Pasqualo immediately prepared herself for it. You can then see the clouds break and sunshine return in the final panel after the issue was resolved.

Now is it a sign of something more literal and Pasqualo is exhibiting some kind of supernatural power? I dunno, it’s too early in this story to tell if we’re gonna find ourselves down a path similar to It Hurts. I feel like it could go either way at this point.

What if Pasq 2.0 literally has to prevent conflicts in order for the universe to keep running as intended by Pasq 1.0?

Or it could just be a metaphor for trouble looming on the horizon.