Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

There Bias Two posted:

What if Pasq 2.0 literally has to prevent conflicts in order for the universe to keep running as intended by Pasq 1.0?

That would be interesting. Especially if some of these conflicts are inevitable facts of life, meaning that Pasq would have to go to increasingly bizarre lengths to keep a comparatively minor conflict from occurring. And sometimes her attempts would have unintended consequences that set other conflicts in play...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Bobulus posted:

That would be interesting. Especially if some of these conflicts are inevitable facts of life, meaning that Pasq would have to go to increasingly bizarre lengths to keep a comparatively minor conflict from occurring. And sometimes her attempts would have unintended consequences that set other conflicts in play...

So Pasq 1.0 created a universe where they could all be together happily, but human relationships typically wax and wane with time. It makes sense that they wouldn't all stay together forever in the natural course of things. I wonder if their bonds are the lynchpin for the whole universe... and what would happen if that fell apart?

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Guys, she's clearly bummed because she can't give ol' Mr. Sun a giant origami duck to chase his clouds away.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
I wish everyone could forget about It Hurts 100 so we could stop clenching for the other shoe to drop, if ever

feetnotes
Jan 29, 2008

Katie knew about things yet to come from the beginning in IH! and we didn't really find out why. I wonder what she knows, about the past or future, now. :tinfoil:

I think speculating wildly is part of the fun!

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

In this she has the exact same gimmick except the exact opposite will be true, thus keeping us on our toes for the next 200 strips after her official introduction

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

feetnotes posted:

Katie knew about things yet to come from the beginning in IH! and we didn't really find out why.

Yes we do, her parents are part of a secret society that deals with probable doomsday scenarios.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Elephant Parade posted:

I feel like this three-panel sequence is going to turn out to be significant somehow. The middle cloud almost looks like some sort of imposing figure? Maybe not, but it seems a little bit odd.

maybe it's just the first sign of Pasqualo 2.0's crippling depression

The gap in those clouds looks like a giant penis.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Paladinus posted:

You should see a doctor immediately

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Paladinus posted:

Not true, but also not as false as I wish it was

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Paladinus posted:

c-call me

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
this is awesome

https://twitter.com/salemjnurse/status/976592764665303041

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
oh my gently caress i cant believe this exists

my body is ready to hurt and/or forgive

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Things I never knew I wanted, but cannot liver without.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

:swoon:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Update and poo poo. Lots of poo poo.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Eliza and Mr Jones!

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

cant cook creole bream posted:

Eliza and Mr Jones!

And me

Gonna be... big stars :unsmith:

PasqPFM!!! is a wonderful blend of PasqIH!! and Aurora I must say

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Guys, just a clarification, this isn't Pasq 2.0, this is Pasq, like, 879.0... and even then it's not really the same Pasq as the first 876 or so. This is a major fork.

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

pathetic little tramp posted:

Guys, just a clarification, this isn't Pasq 2.0, this is Pasq, like, 879.0... and even then it's not really the same Pasq as the first 876 or so. This is a major fork.

The Final Pasq.

Edit: Just kidding possibly maybe.

Gobolatula fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Mar 24, 2018

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

pathetic little tramp posted:

I was going to correct it but I didn’t want to be a huge nerd and go back into fan theories mode like how Jennifer is almost certainly Goddamn It! Pasq reborn into the IH!! world

Gobolatula posted:

The Final Pasq.

It’s cool man I forgive you

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Gobolatula posted:

The Final Pasq.

and so the Cycle ends...

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

https://twitter.com/gobolatula/status/978125866008944640?s=21

I love that the bears weren’t just a one-off gag. And we get our first clear look of the mayor. Something’s brewing, for sure.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
So mad science and turtlenecks aside, the world seemed relatively normal in It Hurts!! poo poo's weird off the bat this time around. This is Pasqualo's fault, right?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Nah. Pasquallo was just really oblivious to the weird stuff, so it never came up. Should have listened to Katie.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Bertrand Shumway? Is he, per chance, an Alien Life Form?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Was Winston Whithouse's third eye and bird foot arm caused by the uranium or was he just born that way?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
The pinewolves aren't tagged :(

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

DACK FAYDEN posted:

The pinewolves aren't tagged :(

You forget about them until the moment they strike

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Was Winston Whithouse's third eye and bird foot arm caused by the uranium or was he just born that way?

It's his Devil's Eye.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Libluini posted:

Bertrand Shumway? Is he, per chance, an Alien Life Form?

He is a humble and totally normal mayor.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Most likely he was born that way because of the uranium. Exposure to radiation once you're already fully formed just translates to sickness (nausea, diarrhea, etc.), hair and tooth loss, cataracts, intestinal bleeding, burns and cancers -- lots and lots of cancers. But damaged genetic material at conception? That can cause a body to develop abnormally during gestation, and that's where freak mutations can happen.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
He's just a distant relative of Lord Boxman

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Truly the ABDF is Chester A. Arthur's greatest legacy

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

"President Arthur" is such a weird sounding phrase

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Cat Mattress posted:

He is a humble and totally normal mayor.

Most likely he was born that way because of the uranium. Exposure to radiation once you're already fully formed just translates to sickness (nausea, diarrhea, etc.), hair and tooth loss, cataracts, intestinal bleeding, burns and cancers -- lots and lots of cancers. But damaged genetic material at conception? That can cause a body to develop abnormally during gestation, and that's where freak mutations can happen.

You know, I don't think the comic with bloodthirsty, uranium-eating subterranean cave bears is overly concerned with the accuracy of the effect of radiation on physical development.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

There Bias Two posted:

You know, I don't think the comic with bloodthirsty, uranium-eating subterranean cave bears is overly concerned with the accuracy of the effect of radiation on physical development.

You'd be surprised!

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
It Hurts!! was 100% scientifically accurate so I don't know why we'd expect any less from PFM!!!

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
It's weird seeing Aurora not smile all the time.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

That’s because it’s not Aurora, silly!

https://twitter.com/gobolatula/status/978845392686088192?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

That guy sure is a lot, drat.