Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

There Bias Two posted:

You know, I don't think the comic with bloodthirsty, uranium-eating subterranean cave bears is overly concerned with the accuracy of the effect of radiation on physical development.

You'd be surprised!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

https://twitter.com/gobolatula/status/1158955104180961280?s=20

Truly, aren't all comics basically Garfield?

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Wasabi the J posted:

Honestly I'm much more impressed by those that have every reason to be bad, and would work hard to be good, more than those with every privilege moralizing those who struggle against some of their better nature to be good.

It's unsustainable to try and fake it till you make it forever, but I think it has a place.

The trick isn't faking it until you make it. It's that despite what you may think and what things may look like to you, every single person is dealing with inner demons of some type. Every person has those thoughts like "I want to kick this small puppy so hard it explodes and then the bone shards impale like three children". Every person wants to be lauded and praised for their choices, and selfishly be recognized when they're selfless.

Every person goes through that. The trick is understanding that, accepting that, and making the conscious decision to do good regardless. It's easier for some people than others, but in the end every single person you meet is in some way a horrible cesspool of negative thoughts and desires. Fighting against that, openly or not, knowingly or not, is one of the hallmarks of a "good person".