Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Bertrand Shumway? Is he, per chance, an Alien Life Form?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

cant cook creole bream posted:

But her retort was just awful. I tend to just toss bananas if I don't get to eat them the first day. They get mushy, start to smell and taste way to much like sweet vomit afterwards.

EDIT: Huh, I never knew I had such strong opinions about bananas. Thanks for making me realize an important and correct aspect of my character. I will treasure this and will probably never change my mind about that.

After one day??? Is your fridge broken, do you live directly on the equator, what is happening here???

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

T-man posted:

Anyway, nthing the whole "holy poo poo this hits close to home" vibe. I can't tell you how much I hated my habitual niceness as a teenager, and it really feels real seeing it in a character. A+ writing.

Sadly, I can't say the same because I was an rear end in a top hat teenager so self-centered it crossed the line into solipsism. I never talked loud to myself like this for example, and even my thoughts were mostly centered around myself. It took embarrassingly long for me to "get" that there were other real people out there besides me. It does remind me of the incredible guilt and depression I got after I realized I had spend most of my childhood going through life like some sort of evil robot.

Aside from the depression, I also observed enough people to recognize this weird real-feeling thing in the writing. Now that I've written this down, I also realize that in some weird meta-fashion, it does hits close to home, even though my personal experience was wildly different. Well poo poo.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Don't put bananas in the fridge; their tropically-bred cell walls can't stand even slightly low temperatures, so they either never ripen or immediately over-ripen, depending on their level of ripeness when fridged.

Yeah, but not in a single day. I eat bananas quite often, and take about 2-3 days to eat every banana I bought, and I never had them over-ripen to the point where I would have to throw them away. (Also I'm a weirdo who likes his fruit cold.)

I had actually more trouble with strawberries ripening too fast in the fridge, those I have to eat in under 2 days or the fruits are too far gone

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Zerilan posted:

Reread the final chapter of It Hurts!! recently. The previous Mark was apparently also a grandmaster chess player. It's a core part of his identity that's a constant across universes. Dude fuckin' loves chess.

The funniest part of that comic was for me that I've lost chess matches in exactly the same way as Pasqualo multiple times. :v:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

thatbastardken posted:

a teenage kid being a dork doesn't seem like sufficient reason for the searing artistic hatred that pasqdad exhibits, is all.

Even though we call it "senseless hatred", humans are still capable of feeling it.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

This comic
is special to my heart because it made me remember that one time our teacher brought his professional camcorder to school and it was this huge thing eating entire Betamax-tapes to record stuff on it

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Who What Now posted:

Gob I have a question, do breasts, boobs, bosoms, sweater puppies, jugs, cans, melons, hooters, jubblies, boulders, dirty pillows, or goth girlfriend tiddies count, or just titties?

Only real tits, sorry

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Cat Mattress posted:

Yes.

The whole thing about shooting his own hand to blind a weird fish with his blood so that he could stab it to death with a broken can was just a ruse to hide that he's the second coming of Jesus Christ.

My interpretation of that page was that he used his blood as bait, but to be honest, blinding it was the third thing I came up with.

(The second possibility I came up with was the blood somehow changing the way the water refracts light, allowing him to stab the fish with precision. Apparently one of the reasons it's hard to stab underwater-creatures from above the water is that air and water refract light differently, so our eyes have trouble to accurately predict distances when trying to hit something on the other side of an air/water border. And that has been your barely-remembered fishing fact from ages ago for today!)

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
What does it say about me that I found It Hurts sweet and charming?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Seshoho Cian posted:

i feel like a loving moron because i have no idea about anything that happened in poopy doopy

like i get that it was very loosely a parody of flcl just like how pretty cool dude miracleman was very loosely a parody of devilman, and larry the murderer is in both, but after that im lost

I'm kind of the opposite, I kind of think I got the gist of it, but I have no idea what you're talking about. I have this odd feeling I did not watch enough Anime to understand your post.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Seshoho Cian posted:

When I said they are loosely parodies, the word "loosely" is doing a lot of work. The most direct parody is the first issue of Pretty Cool Dude Miracleman, which is a reference to a scene from the old Devilman OVA. After that it diverges really wildly and basically follows none of the same plot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kCyIWL4Iio

As for Poopy Doopy, the most direct thing is just that the two women Larry kills are based on the protagonists of the different seasons of FLCL. Again other than that, it really has nothing to do with the show.

Oh wow, these references wooshed so far above my head they entered loving Lunar orbit. :v:

And FLCL had seasons??? Clearly, I'm not watching Anime enough

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Samovar posted:

Well, I like Horley Shorley.

It took me a while to notice that what he says actually makes sense.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I was helping our local animal shelter for a couple years back when I was at university, so his second sentence became clear pretty fast.

Edit:

So he is the devil? :v:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

RandomPauI posted:

What does it mean? People give up pets for allergies? Pets get eye boogers if ignored?

I've interpreted it as a reminder to what happens to pets you get as a surprise gift from a shelter: They get inevitably given back to a shelter. And as many pets in an animal shelter are traumatized to begin with, this begins an endless spiral of a pet being given to another family, but since it's hard to deal with thanks to bad experiences, it gets given back again and the added bad experience makes it even harder to deal with the next family trying, and so on.

It often ends with pets being so traumatized and maladjusted, they're basically forced to stay at the shelter forever, as eventually the endless stream of broken homes ends with no-one wanting to try with them anymore.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Phy posted:

Horley Shorley reminds me of when Manny Calavera went to the Land of the Living

Me, he reminds me of one of the Earthdawn-horrors.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Gobolatula posted:

Horley is 100% a Josef creation. I just kinda followed directions art-wise. Josef told me that Horley came from a dream he had.

Man, and here I thought I was the only one dreaming poo poo like that

Paladinus posted:

From a dream we all had.

Hah! Probably. :v:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Horley has been present from the first page of the comic; where he's not visible it's typically because the panel's framing places him behind the 'fourth wall' in the room with the reader

Hah! This can't phase me, all the creepy dreams I had as a child have made me immune against visitations like this

At least I hope so. Otherwise, all the times 8-year old me lucid sleep walked into monster fish swimming through the air were just goddamn annoying for no good reason

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I still say he/it is a horror.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Jon Joe posted:

Horley has done nothing but help, be kind, and an otherwise cool dude so far. I think you all don’t like him because he doesn’t look the greatest. Way to be shallow.

Horrors aren't 100% bad, there's been a Caer which learned to coexist with a horror and one horror even fell in love once!

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The thing with angels makes me think the authors behind Earthdawn must have been inspired by the Abrahamic religions, as the thing which birthed the horrors, an entity known as Verjigorm, also eventually spawned the Dragons, which then in turn made us.

So you could argue that Earthdawn-horrors are really angels. :v:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
To be honest, even without going too deep, Horley Shorley's giving some good advice here

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Man, I wish I could do that. The last time this happened to me, I smashed the door closed with so much force it sprang up again and a bowl of glass fell out and exploded on the ground.

Though the half an hour I needed to clean up the mess did cool me down somewhat, so it wasn't all bad

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

super sweet best pal posted:

But she is that someone, yet she doesn't seem to love herself very much.

Because that someone was/is someone from suffering severe depression.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Literally Kermit posted:

I don't understand you people at all.

The rat milk is an acquired taste, sure, but dip some hardtack in it and you got yourself some good chewy eatin'

This post is Harkonnen-approved.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

T-man posted:

Essensialism is a lie there is no innate inner self, only a long line of socially prescribed identities being recognized by others in a desperate attempt to make order in a chaotic world.

Hail satan

Everyone has an innate inner self. It's just that our innate inner selves are terrible. The chaos is in our mind, too.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Oh no! The suspense is killing me! Please, work faster, Gob!

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I love all about this. :allears:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

RandomPauI posted:

If Waitiance joins the cast, whose place would she stay ?

Pasqy really needs a therapist. Just saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

cant cook creole bream posted:

It's been a while but I vaguely remember a ghost. I think he gave Pasq a bit of an existential breakdown.

Anyway, congrats Gob and Josef for 250 comics! Even more important, we're only 3 pages away from 253 and you know what that means.

Yes! It will finally be time for page 254!