Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

That was beautiful. Thank you Kermit. And thank you everyone for the kind words!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

Ballz posted:

Is Josef a goon? Looks like he’ll be the primary writer for the new series with Gob doing the art duties.

While we rightfully shower Gob with praise, I really gotta give props to Josef and Graily for solidifying this team of awesome.

I'm pretty sure Josef is a goon. Grail is a goon by proxy since I always show her wacky pics from PYF.

And yes, Josef is doing the writing. I'm sprinkling in my Gob pollution here and there (such as the writing on the hobo's sign), but he's taking the wheel. Grail is providing me with awesome outfit designs. She had to do the whole uniform thing in high school so it's really nice to get her input. I'm having a great time making this so far. I already feel like it's a step up from IT HURTS. Not just tonally; I feel like it's actually better. To be honest, I can barely look at those first 100 IH comics these days, haha.

Anyway we all hope you enjoy this series!

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

There Bias Two posted:

Hey Gob, you should add a new banner to your main page so we can actually access the comic from there.

Done! Thank you for reminding me.

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

Leroy Dennui posted:

Man, at first I thought that guy having two faces was to depict him looking back and forth really fast; only now is it apparent that he's literally two-faced.
Josef named the guy Jimmy Twoface in the script, so I drew him with two faces.

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

pathetic little tramp posted:

Guys, just a clarification, this isn't Pasq 2.0, this is Pasq, like, 879.0... and even then it's not really the same Pasq as the first 876 or so. This is a major fork.

The Final Pasq.

Edit: Just kidding possibly maybe.

Gobolatula fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Mar 24, 2018

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

Ballz posted:

Both the guy who nearly hit the turtle and the guy buying the dog. Again I might just be reading too much into it, and this is simply a natural progression of Gob’s art/writing style. But their dialogue interactions feel a little too... idk zany? To me it almost seems like a facade for something else.

It also goes back to the earlier strip with Pasqualo noticing the darkened clouds right before Allison gets upset by the cheerleaders hitting on Tubsy. It could be symbolism but the fact Pasqualo consciously notices the clouds tells me something more is afoot.

I fully recognize at the moment I’m sitting in :tinfoil: land, so if you think I’m full of poo poo, I won’t dispute that you could be right! Even if most of what I mentioned ends up being totally innocuous I’m enjoying the hell out of this bizarre little world Pasqualo Gob and Josef have made.
I think maybe part of the reason those moments felt weird is because I was the one that wrote them. I like writing people that don't act like people should act. It always makes me laugh. Plus I like having zany interactions in a comic where people are definitely capable of behaving "normally." Makes things nice and weird!

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

HAHAHAHA!!! That is great! Thank you!

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

Ah, he's fine.

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

Thank you very, very much!

Gobolatula fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jun 15, 2018

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

RandomPauI posted:

No, thank you Gob!

Thob
Haha! Now I have to rewatch the entirety of Look Around You.

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

ManlyGrunting posted:

This comic is really incredibly powerful in its portrayal of depression and self-loathing, to a degree that I have rarely seen. It's not its main draw by any stretch but that's because it doesn't overdo it and makes the times where it does show up incredibly powerful, a lot like what it's like when you do have depression. So many lesser works just make it permeate the entirety of the story and the reality is that it is there but it only comes out to you in small moments where you relent and let it fully form, often when you least suspect it. For as much as this dumb comic is about dong jokes it's one of the most artful depictions of depression I've ever seen, and the fact that it's unbelievably funny actually serves that instead of detracting from it.

tl;dr comic real fuckin' good, in a lot of ways. That's how you can tell it's art, it works on many levels (I am frankly only being half-facetious here)
Thank you so, so, very, very much. That really means the world to us. And I personally try my best to make the depiction of depression really work. I'm glad people seem to think it does!

Gobolatula fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jun 27, 2018

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

Dr Christmas posted:

The reply to the video isn't! I was phone posting and didn't find a way to cut out the video.

I'm like Hitchcock but maybe 30% less of an rear end in a top hat!

I did some fun stuff during recording so far. Grail and I did most of our lines together to make it sound a bit more conversational. Then I took my mic to work and waited til everyone left so I could record my screaming dialogue. Pasq screams a little bit!

I also walked around and recorded random-rear end mechanical noises in case I needed them to accent Pasqy's cyborgness.

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

‪Hi buddies and budettes!

We're gonna record a podcast this Sunday! If you have any questions about the end of IT HURTS (Hell arc forward), PFM, PCDMM, or whatever, you can:‬

‪A) Reply to this thread
‪B) Email me at gobolatula@yahoo.com
‪C) Think it really hard and telepath it to me (this has never worked.)‬

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

Mazerunner posted:

"rough costumer" on page 5, but with the comic the way it is I'm not actually sure that's a typo
Thank you! I fixed it.

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

That was beautiful.

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

Ballz posted:

My OCD tweaks any time I see “whoa” spelled as “woah.”

Fixed! Thank you very much.

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

Holy smokes this is loving beautiful. Great job. Thank you very much!

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

Who What Now posted:

Gob I have a question, do breasts, boobs, bosoms, sweater puppies, jugs, cans, melons, hooters, jubblies, boulders, dirty pillows, or goth girlfriend tiddies count, or just titties?

Yeah.

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

readingatwork posted:

So is the game supposed to close itself at the end of the mansion hall when you meet [REDACTED]? Because it does that to me every time no matter how many titties I seen.

Jeez this game is buggy. I'm really sorry. Maybe after I finish my comic drawing this week, I'll try ironing out a few more bugs. I will say it's not supposed to just close.

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

readingatwork posted:

Hey Gob. Are you ever going to do a hardbound complete edition of IH? Because I'd be all over that poo poo.
Unfortunately, that's sort of an impossibility with CreateSpace just because of the gigantic filesize. If I ever do it, I would have to go through someone else. I may pursue this further one day.

Gobolatula fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Feb 19, 2019

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

Samovar posted:

Honestly Gob, you missed the chance to arrange the towers to look like a hand flipping the bird. Voted 1.

(Still liking the comic)
Aw, man...

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

Hahahaha, that is great.

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Gob, quick question, was the murder room something Sex Steve made or did the hospital already have a murder room and Sex Steven just sort of moved into it like a hermit crab and started doing his murders in there because it was so convenient?

Josef was the one who wrote this comic (and almost this entire arc). I remember when we talked about this comic prior to me drawing it, it was expressed that this was Sex Steve's personal secret spot.

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

cant cook creole bream posted:

By the way, who's Grail? Don't remember seeing that name before.
Grail, an amazing artist, who is also my wife, helps now and then with random things. She helped a lot in IT HURTS with designing outfits (such as Aurora's Super Aurora dresses). She also helped from time to time with the art itself.

She drew a Trisssh origin story and I loved it so much that I included some of these characters into a few comics in the Hell arc:
http://gobolatula.com/ithurts/?page_id=2783

Speaking of the Hell arc, she drew tons of Hell folks during the Hell arc! My favorites are Bigamy and Big Me, The Stabbing Kids, and the entire classroom aside from Trisssh and Mark in Trisssh's last comic:
http://gobolatula.com/ithurts/?comic=450-class-for-gifted-monsters

Grail helped with Jen's final form, drawing it herself in the comic when it appeared. She also added really cool detail in the comic where Tubsy has to fight Jen and doesn't do so well.
http://gobolatula.com/ithurts/?comic=460-hot-dog-time

Anyway, in this new PFM comic, Grail and I designed Charlotte together.

Gobolatula fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Apr 19, 2019

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

big fan of bath salt bob the drummer (?)
Yes, that is his name!

Ballz posted:

You should bring back that cute little elephant dude, gob. Him and Peeplops. I could see them both having some broventures together.
I love Bumbis. I'll talk to Josef about that. Peeplops though? We'll see.

Data Graham posted:

Counterpoint: Gob, you should not listen to us or do anything we suggest
Okay, nevermind!

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

Whitenoise Poster posted:

It Hurts!! is full stop the only webcomic to make me tear up and I hate how hard it is to sell to other people.

Speaking of being made a sad bitch I played the flash game way late and HEY GOB how much cash is it going to cost me to convince you guys to end the comic with everyone from both universes just hanging out and getting to be happy. I gotta kickstart the Free The Mostly Non-Canon Flash Game Purgatory Crew.

Hehe I'm glad you enjoyed my silly stupid game so much. Honestly I would love an ending to PFM similar to what you described. At the same time, it wouldn't be the right ending either. It's just impossible. The old Pasq simply doesn't exist anymore. Well, he does to me in a sense. The way I sorta coped with the end of IH and Old Pasq going away, as overdramatic as this sounds, is that I realized that Old Pasqualo came back to me and now lives inside my head again. He uses my eyes to watch the glimpses of Pasqualo's life that we get to see.

Though I'm not so sure that's true anymore. These days I don't think of him much. Just the current Pasq. Welp he's gone for real now, I guess! Haha...

The different universes interacting with each other is something I wanted to do since we started PFM. But again, it just wouldn't make sense. That's why I created the nonsensical, non-canon Titty Game universe, so I could play around with that idea and get it out of my system. I consider the game universe to be a similar universe as those holiday specials where the characters talk to us.

I probably won't play around with the idea much anymore, just because I don't wanna overdo it. Plus if I do it much more than I have, I feel like it'd be a disservice to IH's ending. Plus I'm content with PLEASE FORGIVE ME. I love it more than IH these days. poo poo, I actually love Pasqualo this time around, which is new for me, haha.

Gobolatula fucked around with this message at 03:14 on May 7, 2019

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

Whitenoise Poster posted:

You leave me with no other choice, Mr.Gobolatula

I'm afraid that I'm so tremendously stupid and out of touch that I don't know what you're doing there.

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

I'm not sure if anyone has ever written fan fiction of PFM or IH. I'd love to read it if it exists.

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

SleuthDiplomacy posted:

Yo I found this comic through that link in that Pokemon LP where some scrub didn't appreciate art. I just finished injecting this whole thing into my eyeballs over like two days when I should have been working. You and the team do good work Gob.

Thank you very, very much!

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

readingatwork posted:

TW always crashed for me at the rear end end of the game. Can somebody explain what happens at the end of the long hall?

I should really do a playthrough and throw it up on YouTube. Sorry for the frustration!

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

A big flaming stink posted:

are we counting the holiday special?

Nah. That one sorta takes place in IH Pasq's "mind" as he's vanishing, I think. Those words in the blue boxes are definitely his last thoughts.

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

ManlyGrunting posted:

Just, super nice guy. I like him a lot.
Oh it's you! I know you! And I like you too! Thank you for all the kind words.

Seshoho Cian posted:

i feel like a loving moron because i have no idea about anything that happened in poopy doopy

like i get that it was very loosely a parody of flcl just like how pretty cool dude miracleman was very loosely a parody of devilman, and larry the murderer is in both, but after that im lost
You don't have to feel like a moron. Both anime parodies I attempted, I quickly let fall apart in favor of something weirder. As for the end of Poopy Doopy (haha), I just went wild with the weirdness.

I'm happy to say, though, that it wasn't just weird for weirdness' sake. It makes sense if you're me and you know what it all means. I'd rather not explain too much right now so you guys can have fun (or just get really angry) trying to make sense of it.

I really got into Twin Peaks and David Lynch's work near the end of IT HURTS, and that inspired me to try my hand at super surreal poo poo. It's so much dang fun making odd looking imagery. And I think weird and funny go hand in hand.

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

but does poopy doopy fit into the PFM universe? Was it actually Larry that freaked out the girls with the concrete tree?

The dummy stuck his face through a crack he wasn't supposed to stick his face through. He shouldn't have done that because it spooked our friends.

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

the !!/!!! expanded universe

hell loving yes
Once I figure out what the hell I'm doing with the Jen story, it'll definitely be a !! expanded universe. While I'm doing my best to keep the past in the past when it comes to IT HURTS, more Jen is something I always wanted to make.

With PFM I've got a fantastic worldbuilder working with me, main-developing and main-writing the series and we plan on showcasing some neat stuff in the comic. We'll probably see and know more of the PFM world than we did of IH's in IH. Whether we'll add to PFM after it's done, who knows? Well, both of us say "no" to that right now, but who knows. I doubt either of us would turn down the thought of a Patience side comic.

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

Who What Now posted:

Gob I accidentally on purpose voted for "gently caress you, Gob". Please forgive me!!!

One of these days, I hope "gently caress you Gob" will win. I'm not sure what I'll do when that happens! Maybe I'll do a special dance. But I won't record it or anything; it'll just be a me dance.

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

T-man posted:

Dropping in to say that we're 52% of the way through the next arc. Good job Gob! :)
Thank you! There's still a bit of work left to go, but I'll keep it up as best as I can!

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

Regallion posted:

76%.....
The wait is excruciating.

Many apologies. The long wait is because of lots of things, but I think the biggest one is my work schedule. I don't have as much time to draw as I used to, unfortunately.

In other news, we have a big ol chunk of the arc after this one written. It's... probably going to take a while to finish, too. Maybe we'll re-think our release strategy. Or think about rethinking it or something, haha.

But yeah, I do feel bummed out that I've been struggling with keeping up the pace. I'm eager to show you guys what we've been working on, too.

In any case, thank you guys for your Patience!

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

Thanks a lot, guys! I've been doing pretty well mental health-wise lately. But yeah, I've been purposely not spending every moment of my free time drawing comics, which is another reason this is taking some time. When I was drawing IT HURTS, it was almost the only fun hobby I had. These days I do more internet browsing and FFXIV. Those memes and those Moogles. Lemme tell ya...

As for busting my buns to maintain an update schedule, yeah I did that for a while and I found that I was starting to cut corners just to get comics done, rather than actually having fun making silly art. My current arrangement let's me chill out and take my time.

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

why haven't you joined the goon guild
I'm already in a FC that one of my buddies made. Plus, I still play relatively little. I started playing maybe in March or April and JUST got to Heavensward. I appreciate the thought though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

I'm in GOBlin and my character's name is Hamjuice Pigeonbosom. Feel free to send me friend invites if you're ever on that server!