Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«195 »
Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

ICE-MEIN

Komun and Rudala, the siblinghood that saved Riven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

NRL
Teaching new dogs,
old tricks.

Majestro and Pardali, xenophobic AF

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

A poster to surpass Bifauxnen!

Rexward and Baza, The Most Awkward Friendship in Hindsight.

I was your Third Best Friend!

KhediveRex fucked around with this message at Jun 22, 2018 around 02:45

GeneX
Sep 29, 2014

Pathetic.
Awful Games Done Quick 2018 Survivor

Emi, alone. (except with Indroj a bunch)

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

KhediveRex posted:

Rexward and Baza, The Most Awkward Friendship in Hindsight.

I was your Third Best Friend!

There's a reason for that awkwardness and it was none of my making!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

We're leaving her behind.

Grimey Drawer

I like the Chell, Kapro, Verus, Saya insanity going on and the various BFFs by proxy because of it.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

H O L E
M A D N E S S

Grimey Drawer

Excuse me Simio was with me every day until end game so uh?

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

The Riven you desire can be won, it exists, it is real, it is possible.
It's yours.

Grimey Drawer

Looking at the movement map, technically the Heroquest took place on Varban but once it was all said and done we went to Kiston for like the very end of that turn. We were barely there.

(And I'm not just saying this because I want to be counted for traveling everywhere on Tiven, honest!)

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

The Riven you desire can be won, it exists, it is real, it is possible.
It's yours.

Grimey Drawer

Also I barely interacted with Bark and you stole my twin brother's identity

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Krysmphoenix posted:

Looking at the movement map, technically the Heroquest took place on Varban but once it was all said and done we went to Kiston for like the very end of that turn. We were barely there.

(And I'm not just saying this because I want to be counted for traveling everywhere on Tiven, honest!)

Yeah heroquest for the movement map all the surviving heroquest people happened to move from Rivenin to Kiston, which put them on a path through Varban, so even if I had them detour, it wouldn't have shown up, since it would have just looked like you were passing through anyway.

As for visiting, does it count as visiting Varban if you just get really high on the edge of the island, have a hallucination about a snake, and then just end up on the beach elsewhere anyway?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Asiina posted:

As for visiting, does it count as visiting Varban if you just get really high on the edge of the island, have a hallucination about a snake, and then just end up on the beach elsewhere anyway?

Ooh I've visited Varban irl I think

GeneX
Sep 29, 2014

Pathetic.
Awful Games Done Quick 2018 Survivor

Asiina posted:

just get really high on the edge of the island, have a hallucination [about a snake], and then just end up on the beach elsewhere anyway?

this is majestro's entire game

Birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

NRL
Teaching new dogs,
old tricks.

Rex wasn’t high he was drunk

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

Just peramene.

Birdstrike posted:

Rex wasn’t high he was drunk

actually, it was both - explicitly both; and they did what they could to get the wahrks drunk, too

hey guys I'm back at it after a weekish off how are your days going because mine is GREAT

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

Just peramene.

The Riven sheet's primary tab has been sorted Status > Destination > Character Name;

cause of death has been added to the dead

and all survivors who intend to remain on Riven or Tay - or have ventured somewhere other than Sa (more on them later) have their sheets tidied and linked

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

A poster to surpass Bifauxnen!

Asiina posted:

Yeah heroquest for the movement map all the surviving heroquest people happened to move from Rivenin to Kiston, which put them on a path through Varban, so even if I had them detour, it wouldn't have shown up, since it would have just looked like you were passing through anyway.

I did not travel from Rivenen to Kiston. I spent the turn prior to Heroquest at sea. And died on the shore of Varban hallucinating a snake.

On that point, actually, I and Salo were the only two people to visit Open Sea. Which would make us the Co-Kings of Open Sea.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

Grimey Drawer

KhediveRex posted:

I did not travel from Rivenen to Kiston. I spent the turn prior to Heroquest at sea. And died on the shore of Varban hallucinating a snake.

On that point, actually, I and Salo were the only two people to visit Open Sea. Which would make us the Co-Kings of Open Sea.

Yep, I put you two there on the movement animation. You meet between Kiston and Enketon then you go off to Varban to die and he goes to Kiston to rightfully yell at the people who let you die.

It happens at around 0:33 and again at 3:45 with everyone else.

All three of the survivors went from Rivenin to Kiston, passing through Varban. You did not survive.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

Just peramene.

the real story of everything that happened

reader discretion is advised

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

Just peramene.

Epilogue: The Hawk Reborn, Shalasha, Pardali of Clan Baleno:

She would call it... Velorre. It was not as she had intended, perhaps; more beautiful than she had anticipated. The ruins of a forgotten civilization and the feral population in need of their goddess. The Velorra were not a simple people, no, but they were in need of guidance. They relied on fruit and fish for sustenance - Pardali taught them to hunt, to skin and tan, and much else of what she knew of her own world. Their language was simple, so she expanded it, introducing a standard system of writing. For months after her arrival, the Velorra enjoyed a peace and prosperity they had never known before. Under the watchful eye of the hawk, Shalasha, and her daughter, and hers, and hers, they would recover what once had been lost and push further beyond. Velorre was changed dramatically in those first few years, forests and jungles cleared, lakes drained -- as Pardali had taught, so the Velorra had adapted their environment to their needs.

Still, on the warmest nights in the hot month, Pardali would find herself looking to the stars and wondering after her family, her home, and the others. She would never know - and she was at peace with that - as she had created a new home all her own.

Epilogue: Indroj of Clan Ivo:

Some time after the wedding, Artemis O'hara departed for Sa. Clan Ivo prepared to part ways. Indroj held his brothers in a tight embrace, reminding them of bravery and peace. He shared his warnings with them, and left them what he could in the form of his diary. The Allapon depths had rendered nothing of further use, but Clan Ivo had their knowledge and their reputation. He saw his brothers off, said his remaining farewells, and donned his Slug Suit - the Mark III, of his own derivative design. The reinforced connections lowered him slowly and with total control. He watched for the indications Zale had warned him of, took what he knew to be his last breath of Varbani air, and recalled the connectors.

He fell for as long as he could remember.

He was weak, at first. The lurching feeling was so much worse than traveling between Riven and Tay, as he had done many times in the preceding weeks. He coughed, checking his Slug Suit Mk. III for damage. He seemed to be okay, the suit seemed to be okay, and he'd managed to hold on to his satchel; journal and pen. He stood.

The Age in which he found himself defied understanding. Its nature somehow thrived even though - perhaps because of - its incredibly harsh conditions. High temperature and lack of surface water were not enough to disallow vegetation or even animal life. It was remarkable that the arid land could support anything, let alone such a variety of flora and fauna in an unsettling equilibrium. He walked from where he had landed for quite some time before he sank to his knees and felt the first gentle brush of foliage on his feet. A moment later and he was beneath the surface, stunned to bear witness to the subterranean civilization he found there.

It was a true success - if only he could've contacted his brothers. In truth, if only he had had the smallest amount of luck, he would not have found himself here. As he emerged from the subterranean wilderness and into the city he had first come upon, he waved. Many of the people around him looked terrified. They were all so much more pale, which he supposed made sense, but it made him so obviously alien. From far above, a chain soared towards him and bound him, metal digging into his skin. His chin hit the ground hard, and the people around him seemed to breathe a sigh of relief.

She yelled at him in a language he did not understand. He tried the Rivenese language first, to no avail. The woman who had captured him moments before continued to bark at him, over and over, and he could quickly understand it was the same sentence in language after language after language... and finally, he heard her say, "Where are you from?" in accent-free D'ni.

"Riven." He said. "I am Indroj of Clan Ivo."

Where has he gone? In whose company does he find himself? Who can say? Indroj's story may very well not be over, but his role in this one is. probably not.

MMM Whatchya Say
Aug 10, 2011

This doesn't taste like anything you've licked before

Hey guys, just going to plug my game in here

its a cool game that i think the people here would like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

Just peramene.

hey great news from epilogue central my dudes but all non-stranger character sheets are now linked and tidied

«195 »