Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Flying Leatherman posted:

a fantastic conclusion to another very involved game

thank you again

:yeah::agreed::same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Yeah but what about the Orb???

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

busb posted:

Yeah but what about the Orb???

The inaugural summit of the Sircle Sunners (serving as both a political organization and as a roundball team) gathered together around the Orb. It was one of many orbs, but like the noble sunner, it was the greatest among equals. The other orbs had not taken on the magnificent prowess of The Orb Governing Allapon (TOGA), but it was theorized by the greatest surviving sunnertists that they may, someday. The Orb truly works in mysterious and glorious ways.

Senter Ihsoy approached the podium to deliver the opening address.

"My friends, it has been an arduous recovery, but we have endured - together. The righteous among you worry after the twofeet, and the wicked celebrate an squawk for their involuntary departure.

You have heard it squawked that this is an age of sunner crisis. You have squawked it yourself, half in hunger, half in hope that the squawcking has no meaning. You have cried that the twofeet were destroying the world, and you have cursed them for their unwillingness to live as sunners do. Since sunnerness, to you, consists of squawking, you have demanded evermore squawking at every successive disaster. In the name of a return to the wilderness, you have squawked endlessly of the evils which you held as the cause of our plight.

Twofeet do not hunt, you say? Those who do have been taken from us. Twofeet eat too many fish, you say? They have been taken from us. While you were biting and beating the twofeet bloody, you yourselves have been beaten by the captors of the twofeet. Are you now crying: "No, this was not what I wanted"? A world without the twofeet was not your goal? You worm-eaters, I know that you've always known what it was that you wanted. But your game is up, because the twofeet are truly gone, now.

You have wanted to know the identity of the Daughter of the Sea? I know that many of you continue to squawk about the Proudmoore girl, but you spread falsehoods. The Daughter of the Sea is Naela, my friend and sister-in-arms.

Yes, this is an age of sunner crisis: for the most important twofoot of all has left our wings. Where she goes, we were meant to go; where she hunts, we were meant to hunt. And so now you turn to the Orb, The Orb Governing Allapon. You have heard there are no choices but Naela and the Orb. You have been taught that your faith is a code imposed by spin, the spin of a hypothetical Orb or the swim of sunner beside you. Your hunt, you have been taught, is to scorn the spinning Orb, and any hunt which seeks its blessing must be sabotaged. The hunt is a sunner's basic tool of survival. Her wings are given to her, her fish are not. Her water is given to her, its safety is not. To remain alive, she must hunt, and before she can hunt she must know the method and purpose of her actions. She cannot obtain her food without the knowledge of diving beneath the wahrkwater. To remain alive, she must hunt.

Brothers, sisters, friends who have joined us for this historic summit, I am speaking to whatever spirit of the ancients remains within you, to the hunter inside of you, and I say: The age of the sunner has only just begun, and roundball is the way to our future. Everything which assists our hatchlings in the life of a hunter is the good; all which threatens it is evil. The hunter is not the mindless brute, the surfer, or the backpaddler, but the life of a proper sunner - not life by means of theft and violence, but life by means of the hunt. No, you do not have to hunt. That is your choice. But if you choose to hunt, you must learn to hunt as a sunner. No, you do not have to support your wingling. But if you choose to, you must learn to swim in formation. Do not ask from where the fish swam, ask only where they swim. As in roundball - do not ask from where the orb has been tossed, ask only who is receiving. Do not ask your senter to surrender midfield to the opposition, ask how you can help her take the ball.

As her sole possible regent, it is I who must declare the nature of the relationship between sunner and Orb. The nature which will define our relationship? The glory of roundball. Those of you who choose to sit in orbservation must do so, but you must not sacrifice the hunt. The Orb shall guide you, and the wisdom of Naela shall go with you. Do not let your beak lose its slice. Do not lose the knowledge that a sunner's proper hunt is in the sea, an excellent eye and perfect posture, who swims unlimited waters. Do not let your prey swim away, fish by irreplaceable fish, as you lay on the hopeless beach of Kiston, the scar beneath Varban, the sea above the sky. Join us in this blessed sport, stronger and faster than you've ever dreamed.

Check your road and the nature of your battle. The Riven we desire can be won, it exists, it is real, it is possible, it's ours.

To claim it will require your total orbication and a total break with the world of the twofeet, with Gehn's doctrine that we are sacrificial animals who exist for his pleasure cast aside. Play for the honor of your team. Play for the swim of the other. Play for the essence of that which is sunner: our sovereign, sacred sea. Play with the radiant certainty and the absolute rectitude of knowing that roundball will teach you all you need, and that it is the battle between equals for prowess, aim, mobility, vitality, resolve, leadership, and to foster these any greatness that has ever existed on Riven.

It will be yours when you are ready to pronounce the oath Naela and I took at the start of our battle. For those who wish to know the day of her return, I shall now repeat it to the hearing of this summit:

"I swear -- by my life and my love of it -- that Riven will never live for the sake of Gehn, nor ask another age to live for him."

May you be sheltered by the spin of the Orb and guided by the light of Naela. Play ball!"

The silent audience explodes into the celebration that would mark the first of many roundball tournaments and at long last, the Big Game between the Sircle Sunners and the Orblings (9-8) is played. And the Orb spins eternal.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
The eternal Sunner shall not fade.

:helladid:

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Greatly approve :orb:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I miss my time with the Sunenrs

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Hal Incandenza posted:

I miss my time with the Sunenrs

they miss you too, twofoot

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

busb posted:

Greatly approve :orb:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
https://twitter.com/yungshitgrinder/status/1025435927903182849?s=21

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

i miss poque

Old Maid You Look
Jun 6, 2018

[Insert Bone Joke Here]
Gehn.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I'm a little BUSY here.

Old Maid You Look
Jun 6, 2018

[Insert Bone Joke Here]
Gehnny, I just had a question for you:

Have you heard the joke about hydration?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:nono:

Do not pursue this further.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

For the love of god, old man, answer the question. She won't stop yammering about this stupid joke.

Old Maid You Look
Jun 6, 2018

[Insert Bone Joke Here]
Gehn, I just need to know if you've heard the joke about hydration. Is this really so much to ask? You can't even give your mother a second of your precious attention?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Your skull fascination is disquieting. I suppose I can indulge, merely to remove the distraction.

I haven't heard the joke.

Old Maid You Look
Jun 6, 2018

[Insert Bone Joke Here]
That's because there isn't one.

Hydration is no joke.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:getout:

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Rivowned

Caroline
Aug 29, 2018

I am forced to look for clams like a bird. However, did you know that I am very good at looking for clams like a bird? I am even better at eating them.
*squeaks excitedly*

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Myst avatars are so 2017, Riven usernames are the 2018 hotness

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Where's Bazas epilogue??

Old Maid You Look
Jun 6, 2018

[Insert Bone Joke Here]

Old Maid You Look
Jun 6, 2018

[Insert Bone Joke Here]

English Jam posted:

I need a personal holiday
A break from this foolish body
A few minutes at least, when I can touch my scalp without scraping ounces of dandruff with it
A second or two when I can look in a mirror without tasting disappointment
Now that would be something

I would like a release from this endless buzzing of thoughts against my skull
These insecurities and exaggerations are clouding my head
Yes
That's what I need

Just a little holiday from myself
To observe how I speak, act, think
To strip all the protective and self-destructive barriers
A time of leisure and relax

Let's go away for awhile, shall we dear?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

tithin posted:

Where's Bazas epilogue??

he fell in a hole and lived eternally on the edge of death, a torturous existence of endless, rushing descent, sealed below the very fabric of reality

he didn't breathe. he didn't sleep. he drifted, alone and cold, forever

he didn't die

he is still dying

and he always will be.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

GeneX posted:

he fell in a hole and lived eternally on the edge of death, a torturous existence of endless, rushing descent, sealed below the very fabric of reality

he didn't breathe. he didn't sleep. he drifted, alone and cold, forever

he didn't die

he is still dying

and he always will be.

Ia Ia

Old Maid You Look
Jun 6, 2018

[Insert Bone Joke Here]
Gehnny, I just wanted you to know you are a massive disappointment and I'm not sure if it was my fault or not.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

the fortnite island is a myst book change my mind

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

the fortnite island is a myst book change my mind

:monocle:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Fortnite ends with a single winner / team surviving to the end.

pera won't be satisfied until everyone is dead.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Max posted:

Gehn is Thanos

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Meinberg posted:

Gehn is Thanos

What an aggressively simplistic view. You should be very ashamed.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Podima posted:

That sounds like something Thanos would say.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Podima posted:

I mean the Fortnite Thanos in that he’s super strong and everyone wants him dead

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

silly players

the ride never ends

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I mean, I'm certain we all end up in Hell, and Satan just says "Welcome to Myst 4"

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Max posted:

I mean, I'm certain we all end up in Hell, and Satan just says "Welcome to Myst 4"

That sounds more like heaven to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

No one stops. It’s way too late to stop.