Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

busb posted:

join me in destroying the animes everyone. we will form the Anti Anime Alliance

u know what...fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
and on that day the black accord was sealed.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
The first real conversation Podima and I had in private was about how, at the time, Kash was not yet properly prepared for Madoka.

This only just occurred to me and is obviously an omen.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Madoka’s owns.Madowns.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
https://myst.com

Holy poo poo!!!!!!

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Kashuno posted:

Holy poo poo!!!!!!

uh

wow

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Kashuno posted:

Holy poo poo!!!!!!

Whaaaaat

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
THEY GOT THE RIGHTS BACK

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
holy poo poo am I really almost exactly five years older than myst

ya'll i hope you don't mind if'n i take this as as omen af

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Kashuno posted:

Holy poo poo!!!!!!

That's super cool.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I am the same age as Myst

What a world

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Holy god, I never thought I'd see that happen. I am all about that anniversary collection

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Please PM me with a character name - or a word in english you'd like me to fiddle with in order to arrive at a name for your character.

Also - so many of you selected "yo whatever mang" for Caste/Tradition/Faction - so the time quick approaches when that'll be finalized, peep up if'n you've developed a preference

that includes you, wait-crew

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Give me the things I selected and only the things I selected, I retroactively uncheck any box that says “I’m cool with whatever”

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Kashuno posted:

Give me the things I selected and only the things I selected, I retroactively uncheck any box that says “I’m cool with whatever”

well you're definitely not cool, so

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

you were, I believe, don't quote me, but I believe, the very first to have every entry of yours bolded because you'd made a firm decision - even if you were willing to wiggle

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

peramene posted:

don't quote me

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
just ran through and updated the internals with all the names that've been submitted - really, really good, guys. I'm especially enjoying those of you who are giving me the opportunity to wiggle you into the setting without giving more away - "derivative of"s and suggestion words - often just knocking it out of the park yourselves tbh

lookin' for one word names for newcomers on account of you being jungleborn and all

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

peramene posted:

lookin' for one word names for newcomers on account of you being jungleborn and all

:chome:

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

peramene posted:

you were, I believe, don't quote me, but I believe, the very first to have every entry of yours bolded because you'd made a firm decision - even if you were willing to wiggle

I think mine was specific enough with enough wiggle room for you to make something of it. I hope that's good!

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I've made some hard decisions wrt to my name, caste and tribe; in that all my decision making was done while hard

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

A poster to surpass Bifauxnen!

Moatillata posted:

I've made some hard decisions wrt to my name, caste and tribe; in that all my decision making was done while hard

I spent real, tangible, minutes of my life just looking at the end of your post and thinking, "Why did he choose to share that?"

"... Is it pithy? It's got to be pithy."

"... Dear god, what if he isn't being pithy?"

"... Is it 90's puzzle adventure games? Or - Or just Mafia? Maybe Myst specifically?"

"... Or maybe he just makes all of his decisions while hard. Maybe that's what he meant. And he just ... wants to talk about that lifestyle."

"... What is this dark and terrible cloud of dread I feel now? From whence did it come?"

It was about then I noticed that the humor was focused on the fact that you had used the word hard previously in the same sentence. And honestly, I was a little disappointed. But you know, sometimes art grows into something the artist never really intended. And as a short immersive exhibit, your post was an invasive, inspired, surrealist experience. I doubted everything I knew about normative human interaction and Internet communities. I was provided with real, tangible, minutes of entertainment. It touched my soul and changed me as a person.

Keep making art.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Moatillata posted:

That's a mistake, bud. That liter of blood could have been better used elsewhere.

Fortunately I castrated myself as soon as I watched a video of the horrors of venereal diseases so it's never been a problem for me.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

KhediveRex posted:

I spent real, tangible, minutes of my life just looking at the end of your post and thinking, "Why did he choose to share that?"

"... Is it 90's puzzle adventure games? Or - Or just Mafia? Maybe Myst specifically?"

"... Or maybe he just makes all of his decisions while hard. Maybe that's what he meant. And he just ... wants to talk about that lifestyle."

"... What is this dark and terrible cloud of dread I feel now? From whence did it come?"

It was about then I noticed that the humor was focused on the fact that you had used the word hard previously in the same sentence. And honestly, I was a little disappointed. But you know, sometimes art grows into something the artist never really intended. And as a short immersive exhibit, your post was an invasive, inspired, surrealist experience. I doubted everything I knew about normative human interaction and Internet communities. I was provided with real, tangible, minutes of entertainment. It touched my soul and changed me as a person.

Keep making art.

You, too.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

Quid is bussing me hard. I'm gonna guess she's scum.

Intelligent scum, with excellent manners and good teeth. I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume she has many admirable qualities.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Oh did the game start?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

That's a mistake, bud. That liter of blood could have been better used elsewhere.

Fortunately I castrated myself as soon as I watched a video of the horrors of venereal diseases so it's never been a problem for me.

Since peramene appears to be busy.

Hot.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
art is bad

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

busb posted:

art is bad

You are bad.

And now, through the mathematical law of transitive relation, you are art.

You're welcome.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

KhediveRex posted:

Keep making art.

boners, lol

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
im not owned im not ownd

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

I just read a wiki article that claimed Riven is not canon to Myst...

Does that mean they're rebooting the franchise?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Plenty of blood to go around

KhediveRex posted:

Keep making art.

:cheerdoge:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
If anything, the original Myst is the non-canonical one; what with "trapped in the link" brothers and sound coming through the panels.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
https://www.pcgamer.com/all-the-mys...uffer_pcgamerfb

Relevant

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer