Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Yes, me, hi, I'm not missing this like i missed Myst

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

No butt should remain ungrabbed

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Some variety of strategy game would be fun

e: like those mobile city builders or computer equivalent where you can challenge someone i guess. 24 hrs or something to build it up, then challenge each other and winner take all

i don't really like those but it's not like xcom or fire emblem matches would really be, uh, a thing that can happen realistically

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

or poo poo, have us write a story within a time limit and pera gets to pick her fave to win the duel

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Chic Trombone posted:

Some variety of strategy game would be fun

e: like those mobile city builders or computer equivalent where you can challenge someone i guess. 24 hrs or something to build it up, then challenge each other and winner take all

i don't really like those but it's not like xcom or fire emblem matches would really be, uh, a thing that can happen realistically

upon further review if everyone had civ 5 this would be doable via civ 5 games, tiniest world setting possible with only two players

but probably not everyone has civ 5 so ymmv

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

everyone should but some people have bad taste and unfortunately we must account for those poor souls

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Birdstrike posted:

civ sucks though

wow you can build archer, another archer, or with tech a more different archer

Chic Trombone posted:

some people you have bad taste

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

What about timed chess matches as a means to duel?

as long as it's not a repeat of me vs. jiv when i had the flu

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Birdstrike posted:

*nerve stapling u*

you should nerve staple urself, into some good taste

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Starter deck card games sound fun as hell

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Mmmm does anyone remember that Survivorball game thing from Awful Survivor Games? That would probably be good and could be done async over the course of a day

Higher-investment option: boardgameonline

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I still like my short story idea honestly. 24-48 hours total to write it, 2 pages, whoever writes the "best" (as defined by whatever metric pera decides to impose) gets the win

The length/time given can be futzed with obviously to accommodate busy schedules, but I feel like if necessary this type of challenge could be banged out pretty quick on any smartphone notetaking app tbh

Could be submittable by throwing them up on gdocs and tossing the links to pera, links that are easily postable in-thread for results displaying purposes

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

The stories could even be theme challenges, so that the duel-ees aren't starting from "stare at a blank page and hope an idea comes to you"

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

alternatively, leave it in the hands of Dread Arengee and

GeneX posted:

let's just play 30+ person DnD

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Natural 20 posted:

I am not writing another 5000 word Cait Sith fanfic that nobody reads again.

this is a lie and you know it

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

You are a funhater

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Captain Foo posted:

4e or death

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I am the same age as Myst

What a world

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I am psyched af

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Brothers, where are you? I would like to meet up with you, if possible.

Times are stressful, and I will feel much better if I can rest my eyes upon you.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Meinberg posted:

I am.. fairly hopeful that no one is gunning for me at the moment. So I will say that I'm at the shore, doing some searching. Feel free to meet up with me if you like!

I will make my way to you.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

xiw posted:

Rhjamiz is the prisoner, there are no npcs involved except our envoys.

I was already in the prison and was opening Rhjamiz's cell. Sniper stopped that happening by engaging us.

Sniper, I'll walk away if Rhjamiz can come with me.

Hats, I'm pretty sure I didn't stab you, but I'm happy to agree not to fight you or your cousin either regardless.

Why should you be able to secure the release of a prisoner just because you want them to be released? Do you feel as though you are exempt from our laws?

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

xiw posted:

Have you considered telling us what those laws are?

Have you considered "don't steal" is the most basic law and is a backbone of pretty much every code of law ever written?

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

It's right up there with "no murders, no bamboozles" even!

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Meinberg posted:

I just want to make it clear that not all independents in this war are Wildlanders. Some of us are simple, humble villagers who just want to survive.

Brother, we've talked about this. You know I love you but you need to pick a side - I don't think we have the luxury of staying neutral, especially with the world falling into chaos and decay.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Quidthulhu posted:

I shall drink 🍷

You should meet up with your loving siblings who are concerned for your safety :colbert:.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

fuckin' christ calm down people, just bamboozle your opponents the honourable way instead of messing with this duel nonsense, jeez

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Quidthulhu posted:

I want to pick the side that will let me gaze upon your face, Sister!!

Come to the Steam Room then. Our little brother and I are going to be there for the next little while, presumably.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

i'm kinkshaming u

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

It appears I'm in a void between spaces at the moment. Surely the Dread Goddess will sort me out soon...

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

There are monsters in Kiston. Come help us push these beasts back!!

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Also re: dome, I'm there with my sibs right now, what's up Max can we come chill

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Max posted:

What side are you all on?

Personally, I stand with Gehn and fixing this mess of an age so we don't all die.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Yeah, that punctured boiler is about all that's going "wrong" here, mechanically.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

A Wahrk broke some poo poo by ramming into the Boiler Room - looks like some underground chambers were filled with steam. Apparently the ground is steaming outside - I'm fearful of an explosion of one of the boilers. I need the passcode to this dome, fast.

Artemis, if you can hear me - :argh:

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Meinberg posted:

Howdy everyone! I'm wondering how folks feel about the Orb cultists kidnapping someone to play in blood sports? Just a general poll of the populace.

I'm not real fond of it personally.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

KhediveRex posted:

We're mostly okay on The Shore of Kistone. Although the Shore isn't where it used to be anymore. We lost three good people. One of them was my personal envoy Martinique, whose memory will live on in the waves.

We were assaulted by a massive burst of steam, it seemed to well up from beneath us. We haven't identified the source, but I would ask anyone in the Boiler Room to report on any odd behavior observed from the machines.

A Warhk crashed into the Boiler Room and exploded several machines, steam from which flooded underground chambers.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

This chat is a hot mess right now.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I'd like to publicly denounce the bombing of the Boilers by the terrorist Rabo;
the loss of 10-15 loyal members of the Guild of Maintainers will not be forgotten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I only regret that I could not save more of them.