Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Kid's gonna have to clear his schedule a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
But the Kid's filled out the paperwork - all that's left is the waiting game.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Birdstrike posted:

if you do that bit again I will end you

I promise to replay Bastion before the game so that it sounds more authentic - just for you, birb.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Birdstrike posted:

I will compromise. Keep it to the confessions.

Hm. I don't hate this compromise. We'll see.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Podima posted:

I'm speaking for myself here and not with my Mod Hat on - peramene has put a TON of time and effort into prepping for this game (flavor included), and will put a ton more into the actual running of the game. If you come in with a plan to just shitpost and gently caress around with blatant off-flavor stuff, you're doing her and the other players a disservice. I don't recommend going down that route!

edit: yeah you'll also probably get killed if you do that

edit2: that being said, the character who licked everything as his one defining character trait ended up being a minor audience favorite by the end so :shrug:

I take my roleplaying seriously, thank you very much Pod :colbert:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

KhediveRex posted:

Someday, chess will be the biggest waste of time. Bigger than all the others.

Can you imagine a world where people called in sick to work so they could think about their bishop endgame? A world where we put off seeing our friends and loved ones to study the fine nuances of the Italian game? A world where we recklessly blow our entire savings accounts buying tickets to international chess tournaments only to return home to squalor and despair? A world where we call out in the night from fear and pain, lamenting the needless death of an erstwhile queen!

A world where we are alone. Totally alone. Longing in the void for any feeling creature with an equivalent ELO rating who can understand the pain we feel inside. The pain of being two points down in a closed pawn game. A full minute beneath your opponent. Your family's cold eyes locked on you in shame.

... Wow. I'm sorry. That got a little intense ...

Rex you are a weird weird dude but I trust you on the nuances of chess for some reason

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Bifauxnen posted:

oh not the thread, no :v:

Bif's rapidly deteriorating sanity, however...

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Prince of Space posted:

Didn't the win condition of the original Myst game involve rejecting the false binary of the blue and red brothers and picking the green guy instead - their father? I never got that far in the original, to be honest. In Riven, I remember zooming in really close on this huge micro/telescope and destroying the universe. That and some scary tusked whalesharks...

What I'm getting at is that it's all an unfamiliar blur to me, and that sometimes people join Mafia-like games for the same reasons they play a Myst game: they want to poke at a puzzle until something good or something absolutely terrible happens.

PRIIIIIINCE

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Asiina posted:

lol like I ever go anywhere and my phone isn't plugged in 100% of the time.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I only just now realize what I've signed up for.

I'm horrified, yet delighted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

:five: