Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

never played myst, never played peramyst, barely even skimmed the OP, and I'm in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

peramene posted:

would you mother fuckers express a loving preference instead of being so goddamn gracious and demure

I know dick all about this game or its lore, so I'm going to do what I always do - be everyone's best friend until I get lured away by the promise of nookie and murdered.

The real tithin died the same way to gaspy in 2015, I've just been operating the account with a poo poo posting ai since then

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Jackbox is a great idea - bonus being only one person needs to own it on steam to transmit

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

My most prized possessions are my diamond-tipped cane and Arcanite Ripper.

Same but Lute of the Phoenix king

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Moatillata posted:

I demand feats of strength

Which ones?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

just skipped like 200 posts, did i miss anything

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Jackbox is on sale on fanatical for like $5

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I actually read the whole thing

The gently caress is wrong with me

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I wonder what the pre-requisite was to see that, I know I didn't.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Please no Bamboozles, I'm a delicate fey natured child.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Is this thing on? Baza here, where my family at brah.

Bark Bark you little poo poo, get over here you know I can't do dick all without your help

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Bellender

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

GeneX posted:

I don't know if I trust Carter, she seems really rude for little reason!

Almost as though she doesn't care at all about anyone but her fellow strangers.

I'm sure carter's incredibly grateful that her identity as a stranger has been outed.

bagshotrow posted:

Glad to hear you're OK, lil brah. When I hadn't heard you mouth off for 15 minutes I feared the worst!

brah, you're alive - you hear from Nurtis, Conway or Tero yet?

Just a heads up that I'm headed to the Allapon cliffs with Tolly Totes, just in case I wind up getting catapulted into an enemy army mysteriously - nothing to worry about I think though - they seem a nice and friendly sort.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Captain Foo posted:

brah i hope you survived your trip to the cliffs; no word from Conway yet that I know of.

Brah, made it to the cliffs but Tolly didn't make it, they ended up in the temple instead.

Someone else called Northleft and their envoys came instead and they're muttering some bullshit brah, it's freaking me out.

I'm ok for now though, got my lads Gaza, Taza, and Jaza with me, so we're evenly matched if this leads to combat.

This is a broadcast to all, Baza is a Neutral party in the war, I have no intentions of attacking anyone but will defend myself if worst comes to worst. I simply want to escape this crumbling age with my family brah.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Family, Cousins, Brahs, I've had a long chat with Carter today. Not sure if any of you aren't neutral or are aligned with the Maiety (spelling?) but I'd prefer she not be attacked.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Baza intends no hostility, but if you attack my family you're on the list as trouble.

I do appreciate this may have been a big misunderstanding though so I won't go hostile given my brah is withdrawing but consider this strike 1.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

GeneX posted:

Ok there’s really no middle ground between a freed prisoner and, uh, a not freed prisoner, so there’s no easy solution here unless sniper and xiw want to duel for custody of rhi

But while you try your best to win your fight please at least try to do it non-lethally, this isn’t worth both of you dying I don’t think and I’m scared that without the protocols a thing in gehn’s lab will go boom and kill me and anyone nearby

Rhi what did you even steal/take, anyway?

I see where you're going with this, but you're not going to convince Sniper to free him, Gehn made his pronunciation, and sniper's going to follow that instruction until told otherwise

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

loving, glad I left the beach brah

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

GulagDolls posted:

the affairs of those loyal (to the sunners) and rebelling (against the sunners) is none of my business. i personally we should live and let live, with regards to weird bird whales.

Tero brah, glad to hear you're well

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Just confirming the above Brahs.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

bagshotrow posted:

Where's this happening? I'm not sure where i wanna go next but machinery sounds fun

Bark Bark brah, we're at Allapon cliffs if you want to join us.

Tolly is cool and friendly.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

As someone who's only goal is survival, the way you're talking is tyrannical, and I'm probably going to avoid you even if we share the same goal.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

(OOC) Wife and I came down with norovirus. She had it worse, so we went to a local ER/hospital. She got a physical exam, bloodwork, ultrasound, IV fluids, prescriptions to take home, a shot of anti-nausea medicine, and a bed in the ER for a couple hours.

Had to pay out of pocket and will need to file a claim with our insurance.

Total cost? We're in Japan, so it came to a little under $250.

(OOC) I hope you're doing ok mate. I've never had it but I've heard norovirus is hosed

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

This was an incredible thing to wake up to.

I'm pretty sure the vast majority have hit your head.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I'm unsure that CPIG, who did the restraining, has made a declaration as to his affiliation one way or the other brah.

That being said I have extremely little sympathy for sniper, given that all the evidence points to him having started the fracas yesterday, and then announced his intention to stand down from fighting given he was out numbered, and then chose to keep fighting anyway.

If he was lying, then he was foolish to do so. dishonesty paints his compatriots in a poor light.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I know little about squads, I'm assuming those are our families, in which case I am fond of them.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Quiet day today brahs.

What with the drama that happened earlier today, I'll be spending one last day at the cliffs to hopefully figure out this machinery, then I'll be moving on to the jungle.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I think that's a great idea in theory, but when the world is literally falling apart around us, gently caress that. We can do the trial after we've safeguarded the population.

Hell, I'd love to see the loyalists and rebels declare a ceasefire until after we've found a way to survive, either by leaving the age, or stopping this ones breakdown.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

No one's allowing cpig to present himself as any kind of authority on law and order. he restrained a colleague and imprisoned him because that colleague had gone feral and lost his grip on sanity. He didn't kill him, he imprisoned him.

I don't expect people are looking to cpig as a replacement for Lord Gehn

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Bifauxnen posted:

just double-checking, that IS at the cliffs and not the Perch, right?

Correct

it's not particularly clear, but one envoy pushed another and one of the two ended up in a pool of earthblood and died. We were on the verge of a breakthrough before that happened.

I think Yeka may have more information on the specifics of whos envoy died, and which did the pushing, but it was certainly disruptive.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

well, the earthblood so far seems entirely localised to Allapon right? I know very little about the substance, but if it's localised to that area, then it indicates something unique about the area is producing it.

I'm not intending on staying here past one more day, Yeka's made it plain that she's leaving after this and we've worked well together so far, so when she leaves, I will too.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

GeneX posted:

You may lie in your diary. I have things to contribute to general conversation, but I suppose this is more of you not actually caring about the people of Riven, huh?

Perhaps if the terms weren’t so obviously in your favor, I’d consider it. For now, nah.

This is unreasonable.

The terms are her diary - there may be lies in it, but even with them the item has value.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

BottleKnight posted:

that sounds pretty anime dude

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Yeka, please check in and let me know you're ok.

I'm guessing that my bunch that something wasn't right yesterday was on the money.

I'm done with my investigation at the cliffs, came away with some interesting info that won't be of any use to anyone who doesn't have a mechanical background

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

The cliffs house a pneumatic power generator that can charge any device, and has a full charge.

I came away with the impression that if one weren't mechanically inclined, that trying to use it would be dangerous.

A fair bit of the machinery went over my head brah, but I'm familiar enough with it that I could figure out that much.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I'm not sure what I should do next. We were going to go to the jungle but well, 233 happened.

Were we gathering a group to go fight these monsters?

What sort of a place is 233?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

:shittypop:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Tolly Totes posted:

Perhaps we’ll call this raft a yacht?

I see what you did there.

Glad you're safe. Not sure what I'm going to do next though, at least we have some options for getting out of here now.

Bird, did you use your linking book to check it out?

The new age I mean

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Wait if you can write these books who are you? I thought only Gehn and his son could do that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Touching it always to kill you